“Beautiful, modern and sophisticated!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of ME Cancun

ME Cancun
Ranked #38 of 182 Hotels in Cancun
Miami, Florida
“Beautiful, modern and sophisticated!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2012

I spent the weekend at the ME cancun, and let me tell you the hotel is GREAT! i had been in cancun probably 7 times, and this time was the first time in this hotel, and sure not the last one!

The lobby: is very pretty, modern, simple and cool, the music and the smell is incredible! we checked in very quickly, and the room was ready for us (we got there around 10am) they offered us a mint drink upon arrival and the front desk people was nice and quick.

The rooms: we got a 7 floor lagoon deluxe room, it was clean, modern, and very spacious! the bed was super comfy, and the view was pretty (specially the sunset view)
the bathroom was good size, and the shower was GREAT! the minibar have soas, beers and water, we didn't spend that much time in the room anyways, but is was comfortable! tv cable was ok

The Pools: the best feature of this hotel are the amazing pools! the views are incredible, the pool is big and the wet bar is great as well, the adult poll had DJ playing and the infinity pool was to die for!

The beach: the beach was great you have to go early to get some umbrellas, but the staff will make sure you have a place to be on the beach... the beds cost 25$ we didn'thave to rent one because qe got the umbrellas for free, the staff was checking on us if you need drinks or food, just make sure you tip them something and they will take care of you!

The restaurants: the restaurants are very pretty, the food was OK, the service was excellent, nothing out if this world, but the pools, the beach are so great that it wasn't a problem for us (don't get me wrong the food was just ok)
they have a DJ playing by nigth by the pool area.... it was nice to have that after dinner you can have some drinks, dance a little and go to you room! you don't need to go out of the hotel the experience parties or fun, you have it right there! the rose bar was beautiful as well.

Yes, you have to sing overtime you order something, but this didn't bother us at all... you are on vacation! i will take you 1 min to sing.... and if you are at the beach or pool just tell your waiter to leave the tab open for the day....
another good thing about this hotel is the location, close to everything, walking distance to a huge mall (la isla)
this hotel is not much for families, is more for couples, friends, and young sophisticated crowd (early 30's mid 40 age range)
if you are looking for a great fun and modern hotel this is the perfect choice for you!

Room Tip: ask for a hight floors to avoid noise
5 Thank patty05
paolamelchor, Guest Relations Manager at ME Cancun, responded to this review, September 15, 2012
Dear patty05
Thank you very much for sharing your kind words with other travelers!! I will make sure to share them with our staff so they are encouraged to keep up the good work. It was great hosting you and we look forward to your next stay with us!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,198)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2012

Great Hotel!! The food and drinks were fantastic !! and I must admit I'm a picky eater. Was a bit bothered from waiting to long to check-in but when I met Helmer (Cruz I believe is last name) @ the coffee shop he was a delight to talk too. He makes fabulous drinks and eased my frustration from the check-in wait. Oliver in the Coffee shop also makes good sanwiches. I thought the rooms are a bit small but had great amenities that made up for it. Will consider my next trip to Cancun to be at Me CAncun again!

Room Tip: Try no to have a room above the lounge had trouble sleeping when the DJ was blasted.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank MireyaSantiago
Dear MireyaSantiago
Thanks for sharing your review!!! I will make sure Helmer and Oliver have a note on their file including your kind commentaries of their service. Look forward to hosting you back!!
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2012

I did a ton of research and found it hard to find all the information that I was looking for in one spot - I am going to attempt to cover all that I thought was important to help you have a better time at ME (or at least know what to do).

Service & Tipping - AMAZING! I realize that many people go under the all inclusive banner, but this doesnt exclude you from tipping for good service - something you should expect from a place like ME. We totaled it up - over the course of 7 days we tipped an additional $325US. As a general guide - $5 for breakfast/lunch, $10 for dinner, $4 for valet, $10 per service at the spa, and $20-$30 for all day service around the pool or on the beach.

If you go, there are a few people that I would highly recommend looking out for - everyone was awesome - four stood out and I would find them again when returning:
- Oscar - Spa - we went to the Spa our first day. Oscar guided us through the water ritual and the many experiences in the Spa... one of the experiences would finish and he would already be there to take you to the next one... all around great service!!!
- Marco - you can find him helping people out around the pool or on the beach. Marco learned our names and took great care of us the entire time we were there. We looked forward to seeing Marco every day!
- Abigail - Beach House - impressively engaging and just a sweet heart. Again, she remember us from our first lunch there and always took the opportunity to say hello - even if we were just passing through.
- Raul - Adult Pool - Bali Beds - Saturday Party - again, just excellent service and took the time to get to know us... he always kept an eye out for us regardless of being in the pool or up at our bed... a quick nod and we would have another drink in our hands

Bracelets & the Levels - as far as we could tell there are 4 levels of accommodation at ME. (Btw - you dont get those cheap plastic wrist bands - the bracelets are woven and kinda nice)
- Purple - general stay and partially inclusive
- Green - also called Complete Experience - all inclusive with some minimal exceptions. Water, beer, and a few snacks are included in the room (how we stayed)
- Blue - also called Full Experience - generally means you are staying in a suite on the upper levels of the hotel, there are additional premium menu items that you get a no extra cost, and some additional liquor items in the room
- Black - all of above - you are staying in either the real world or passions suite and you get a ton of booze - lol - I am sure there is plenty more... considering how good complete was and the additional stuff you get with Full.... I not sure what the point is... well done ME!

We stayed at the Complete level (Green) - it was excellent - if I had realized that booking a suite would have taken us to Full... I would have probably done it. You dont need the extras that Full brings you, but you could easily cover the difference in cost with the premium menu items (lobster, aged steak, liquor), free bali beds, barefoot dinner, free room service, and discounted massages & free access to the spa.

Food - I frequent many nice restaurants around NYC and consider myself a bit snobby when it comes to my meals. I like well prepared good food. I was generally impressed with what ME offered - even at just the Complete level. With the exception of breakfast, all menus are a la carte - meaning the food is prepared when you order it... not sitting there waiting for someone to eat it. Breakfast is self service, but the options are excellent and very high end. Things to try - crepes at the breakfast bar, the sirloin at Watergrill, lamb at Salt, and tomato soup and ceviche at Beach House.

I saw a number of complaints about having to sign your tab... I personally thought it was great. ME is not a free-for-all. It's a classy spot were you have a good time and have accountability - you have to acknowledge your consumption and consider tipping for service (which you should do!!!). If you plan on staying in one spot for a while (pool, beach, etc.) just tell your sever to keep the tab open. In the normal world we sign a tab for everything - why is a problem when you go away? If you want crappy troff feeding food and liquor - go to another spot.

The Scene & Parties - I would gamble the median age is 34 of ME guests. I've read a number of reviews that say this is a party place... not sure I would qualify it that way. You can get out of ME what you want out of ME... if you want to party, the options are there.... if you want to relax, the options are there... We were generally impressed with the mix of folks - Europeans, Americans, Mexican, all ethnicities, women, men, gays, etc... we like a diverse crowd - keeps it interesting and *high five* to ME for creating an environment that sustains it.

Rooms - excellent - we didnt spend a ton of time in the room - neither will you. They are well appointed, clean, comfortable beds... and the bathrooms are awesome. I was a big fan of the rain shower. We heard mixed reviews about the junior suites - the only reason I would recommend upgrading is to get the Full Experience.

We only have three misses...
- The wifi... seriously the most frustrating wifi I have ever used... ever. One moment it worked, the next it didnt, it would work on the beach and then not by the pool. One wifi you had to sign into, the others you didnt.. argh! Fix it please!
- Saturday Party - I know it's the off season... but it wasnt the best. Music was a bit blah - although we did enjoy the dancers. I was expecting an all out party - I think a bit of it was the crowd... just a suggestion, but send someone to the brunch party at Brasserie Beaumarchais in NYC - amazing and what I think your Saturday party is capable of being. If you do send someone - lol - let us come along :-).
- Sushi - Why did you deep fry my spicy tuna roll??? Why? lol

All around great place and VERY happy we chose to spend our vacation with you and your staff... we are looking forward to doing it again!! Cheers!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
16 Thank radryan03
paolamelchor, Guest Relations Manager at ME Cancun, responded to this review, November 3, 2012
Dear radryan03
Thank you very much for having taken part of your valuable time to write such a detailed, objective and positive review for other travelers to read and chose the Me Cancun experience. Thank you for pointing out the possible areas of improvement within the resort. I wil definetely take into deep consideration your remarks on the wifi, the music and why they fried your sushi roll, I will follow up on this for future action. We look forward to you coming back to us soon! let us know whenever you are coming back!
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2012

My friends and I just spent 4 days at Me Cancun for a wedding. It has been an excellent experience at all levels.
The rooms were very cute and comfortable. The pool area is perfect with a very nice bar. the adult pool was always fun with great music. All the amenities are the hotel were great.
The Staff was amazing. They were always extremely helpful and quick to get things done.
I'm pretty used to all inclusive hotels and usually the food is not that great but what amazed me the most about ME Cancun was the quality of the food. They have 4 restaurants, I tried 3 of them and every meal was a hit. Big thank to Fares the hotel restaurant Manager who was always on top of things to make this experience even more extraordinary.
Finally the wedding reception at the hotel was flawless. The setting, the food, the service... everything was simply perfect.

Great job

5 Thank Mahmoud H
Dear Mahmoud H
Thank you so much for your review!!! We look forward to hosting you back soon!
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2012

At first, when i read the reviews about this hotel i have to admit i was a bit weary. However i decided to give it a go anyway as some of the reviews were really good. I decided to go without any high expectations therefore i wont be overly disappointed if it wasn't great. I have to say this is my first all inclusive holiday and i was VERY happy with every aspect of this resort. I booked to stay in the standard room for the first 6 nights then upgrade to the loft suite for my final 5 nights because i really wanted to try the full experience and have a balcony/terrace in my room.

Ill start with the standard room, very clean, contemporary and spacious with big comfy bed and sofa, bathroom was clean and pleasant with a really nice rain shower, it was delightful to shower in, the mini bar was stocked up every evening.
I did request for a room higher up because i read about the noise from the Rose Bar however they didn't have any rooms available when we first checked in so we were appointed to the 2nd floor on our first night and they promised to move us to the 6th floor the following day, which they did. After 6 nights we moved to the loft suite and changed to the full experience. I was not entirely happy with the move, the room itself was smaller and if it wasn't for the balcony and Jacuzzi it felt like i was down grading. I spoke to Natalia at The Level and she was very accommodating. She wanted us to be happy as we were celebrating our engagement. She managed to sort us out with a free upgrade to the passion suite (next level up from the loft suite). So we was very happy about that.

Pool area is very clean with nice loungers and bali beds to rent. Bali beds you have to pay for unless you have the full experience there is a few beds they will hold for you, my advise is to book in advance on the weekends though because they get real busy. There is three pools a main pool with swim up bar, an adult pool and a infinity pool. On weekends there is a DJ that plays from 12pm till early evening. The pool service was not bad, i read some very bad reviews about the waiting time for drinks. I didn't have any problems, drinks came within 10mins. You have to think they are not just serving you and they are running around in the heat, give them a break 10-15mins is not that long! If you really cant wait then just walk to the bar yourself. From what i can see the staff work really hard to keep you happy. I made sure i tipped them for their hard work, they deserve it. I particularly enjoyed smoking shisha/hookah on the bali beds around the resort, was very relaxing. The Beach is really nice especially when the sun is shining, the colours are breathtaking.

Breakfast Buffet was phenomenal , very big selection to choose from, very spoilt for choice every morning! Especially loved the fresh fruit juices and milkshake counter. They make you what ever you want fresh to order.

Lunch is available from two restaurants Beach House, Water Grill and BBQ is available from the pool area where they will serve different burgers and salads. Food is pretty decent.

There is 4 main restaurants for dinner Salt, Silk, Water Grill and Beach House. Our favorite was the Water Grill by far, at first when we stayed in the standard room we were sat down and given carved meat from the grill, kind of like a mixed grill. No menus they jut serve you what the have fresh from the grill. There was a menu but to order from it, if you don't have the full experience you have to pay and extra charge so we decided to try that when we upgraded. We were REALLY looked after at this restaurant the manager Arnando made sure we always got the best seat in the house every time we ate here. On our last night he even put on a pizza especially for me and severed me with chocolate dipped strawberries!! What a darling?!! THANK YOU SO MUCH for making our stay here extra special. When we upgraded we tried the steaks on the menu. Cowboy steak was AMAZING, best steak i have ever eaten in my life. It was HUGE, so juicy and cooked to perfection!! Highly recommend trying it! And i highly recommend this restaurant if you love meat!! I liked the spa very relaxing and ESpace was a cool place to chill at if you don't fancy going to the bar. I enjoyed a few quiet nights here playing pool afer dinner.

When we upgraded i left a pair of shorts in my old room. I called house keeping a couple days later when i finally realized, they swiftly located them and returned them to me, which i was very happy about. One day when i accidently left my ipod in the room house keeping had the door to my room barred, no-one could get in, they apparently do this as a safety precaution if you leave any valuables lying around. Its a good thing i suppose.

If you like to shop, La Isla shopping mall is literally across the road with plenty of shops and if you like designers Luxury Avenue is 10-15 mins walk up the road. Very convenient.

We also had a free photo session with Marko. The photos came out really nice so we had some lovely photos to take home of your engagement holiday.

I have nothing bad to say about the service in this hotel. We were treated very well by all the staff, they were super friendly and always willing to do anything for you. The hotel is clean and very well kept, i would say this resort is best suited for 20-40 who don't mind a party atmosphere. I think kids over 3 would be really bored at this resort its not really child friendly. The noise from the Rose Bar can be quite loud even when your on a higher level but you'd expect that from a party hotel and its only on weekends really. It didn't bother us that much. I really like the party by the pool on weekends with the DJ. If you want a bali bed on the weekends make sure you book in advance it get REAL busy.

All in all i really really enjoyed my stay. Its changed my opinion about All Inclusive packages. I was really happy with the service and everything that was included in my package. The full experience was awesome too, i would recommend splashing out the extra cash for this, in my eyes it was worth it. Especially if your a drinker. we weren't but we still benefited from the extra food options and the barefoot dinner (which, by the way was OUTSTANDING). I wanna say a BIG thank you to ME cancun for making our stay so incredibly amazing, we cant wait to return and again some day.

Room Tip: Try to ask for a higher level. Or even upgrade to The Level. You get even more looked after!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank missktk88
Dear missktk88
Thank you very much for having posted a review of your most recent experience. I greatly apreciate that you took part of your valuable time to write such a detailed review that allows other travelers to learn about the ME Experiencie first hand from someone who actually lived it. We want then to say BIG thank you for spreading the good word with the world about the Me experience. Look forward to hosting you back, let us know whenever you are coming back!
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2012

This resort has a young, hip, chic vibe, similar to Miami. Everything from the colors, to the design, to the music. Crowd is mainly upper 20s to upper 30s. This resort is all about the party scene. Beach area was very clean with plenty of use of beds and chairs. Service was great all around. Staff is attentive to customer needs and will provide whatever need/wish you have.

I had two main problems with the resort. The temperature of the water in the shower was inconsistent. Some days it was ice cold and other days it was scolding hot. I asked the concierge if they could send someone up to fix it. They responded immediately, however, the water still remained cold/hot. Not a major problem since a cold shower is quite nice on a hot day, assuming it doesn't feel like ice cubes, but just something for future vacationers to be aware of.

Our room was separated by a door that connected to the room next to us. You can easily hear conversation, movement, toilets flushing, shower running, tv on. Our room was supposed to be oceanview, however, it was partially oceanview. There was a small, angular window in the corner of the room viewing the pool and ocean. Beds were comfy and the room was kept spotless.

For the all-inclusive package, there are certain items in the mini bar (in the room) that you can only use if they are purchased. All-inclusive items have green stickers (i.e. bottled water, peanuts, oreos). Yellow stickers are non-inclusive and require purchase (i.e. Fiji water, Pringles, certain types of beer). Not a big issue, just something to be aware of.

Most importantly, this is a party resort. They have parties every Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday night. If you're looking for serenity and peace and quiet, this is not the resort for you. The parties continue well into the night, sometimes until 4am. There is a mix of techno, which can be monotonous after a while, and pop. Each room is equipped with a pair of ear plugs. Clue #1. There are parties during the day at the adult pool. On certain days, bottle service is required at the adult pool. This is not a kid-friendly resort.

The spa is wonderful. There is an outdoor jacuzzi (quite large) that overlooks the ocean. The showers are amazing, there are four different types with different jets and water streams. A must-do at this resort.

The alcoholic drinks tend to be watery (they're mostly from a mix), which is usually the case with all-inclusive resorts, so ordering liquors/wines/beers is your best bet.

Overall, a pleasant experience. Not sure if the rooms are worth the $300-$400 that I've seen them advertised for, but a good place to go for a quick getaway. Book this hotel when it's on sale (rooms around $150).

Check-in was quick.

Room Tip: Corner rooms have limited view of ocean. Higher floors experience less noise.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank mashdo
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2012

Very good housekeeping staff. Fresh room everyday! Beds are very comfortable and the towels are really good. We came here for a bachlor party and this was the perfect place to stay. The room service was open till 6 am, so we could order food after coming back from the clubs.

6 Thank RyanBeck971