“Loved the ME!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #32 of 180 Hotels in Cancun
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Loved the ME!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2011

Just got back yesterday from 5 days at the ME. What a great time we had, with only a *few* exceptions...

Check-in was fast and easy, although we had booked 2 queen beds a couple months ago - when we got there they said they only had kings. Would not even discuss an upgrade or downgrade. We got our oceanfront view, but with a king bed. Luckily we were 2 easy going gals and did not raise too much of a fuss.

FYI - none of the regular rooms have a balcony. Not sure how I missed that when looking at the hotel website, but no biggie. The room was a good size, very comfortable bed and I loved the shower. As others have noted, the walls and doors are VERY thin. If you are a light sleeper, you might have some issues. I was woken up many times in the middle of the night, but was able to fall right back to sleep.

The dining was fabulous! Loved the Beachouse for lunch (Marco was by far our favorite server - just awesome in every way!). Silk had some of the best sushi I have ever had, did not expect that being in Cancun. Salt was also very good - but Silk was my favorite. The breakfast buffet was really good too. We did not go to the Watergrill since we do not eat beef.

I found the service to be great. Did not feel like we were ever waiting too long and I could have cared less about signing for all our drinks. I did it for 5 days and never bothered me once. It literally only takes 5-10 seconds. We did not venture from the hotel at night, so we would eat dinner and then head to the outdoor bar after for drinks until we felt like turning in for the night.

We met a lot of great people while staying there. For the most part it seemed to attract Americans, Europeans and there were many Australians as well. I would say the majority of guests were between 25-35, with some younger and older. The majority were couples with some guys and girls on trips with their friends. There were some families... but I would say no more than 10 total, so not many kids at all. The kids seemed to be having fun, but I would not consider it a 'family' hotel'.

The beach was beautiful and clean and plenty of chairs, shade or no shade. On Fridays and Saturdays it can get quite loud out there with the DJ. Loved the pool. But like some others have mentioned, if the hotel is really booked, you better go save a spot with your towels early in the morning, I would say by 8-830am, or you might not have a place at the pool that day. We would grab a spot in the morning, have some breakfast, and then head back for a day at the pool, all within an hour. I know some people complain about that practice, but if you want to sit at the pool, you have to play the game.

Overall I would give the ME 5 stars. We had an amazing time, even though I do not think I have ever been so hot in my life. If I ever make it back to Cancun, this is where I would stay.

And on a weather side note - I had been checking the weather prior to arriving. Every day it said it was going to rain. We only saw rain for about 5 minutes during 2 of the days, and it was actually very refreshing! So, don't worry too much about the weather reports.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank Lisa B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,188)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2011

Well where to start from, We are so happy that we choosed this hotel, this place is amazing, We are still here and enjoying our vacations, we are three couples and all of us been blown away from the service, food quality, hospitality, organization, cleanliness you named, there are more than 300 emloyees and they are here to help. Jorge G, Xavier G, two of the managers I had a chance to speak with, very helpful and educated.
I definetely will be back and look no further, this place is outstanding.

2 Thank armtech
paolamelchor, Guest Relations Manager at ME Cancun, responded to this review, July 22, 2011
Dear armtech,

Wow! Thank you very much for posting such a wonderful review of our service, and thank you for recognizing the work of Jorge and Xavier Gonzalez, we really appreciate feedbacks like yours. I hope you continue enjoying of our resort and if there is anything you may need, please do not hesitate to contact any member of the staff. Thanks ‘again and do not miss the Beach Party tomorrow.
West Bloomfield, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2011

we went to Cancun from Michigan (never been in Mexico). we stayed from July 15-19th. #1-THE WEATHER said thunder storms and rain everyday bit it was HOT and sunny DON’T WORRY ABOUT THE WEATHER.

#2- COMPS Yes you must sign for every drink and every meal you get. who cares its free!

#3- the hotel was over booked and we had 2 sunset view rooms. the hotel tried to push us on changing to a level suit at no extra cost and to share a room. they made it sound so good until we went to see the room. the room has a king bed, a sitting area 2 twin beds. that’s not going to work when we are 2 couples on our anniversary. to top it all off the room was being painted, the smell alone made us say NO! not sure what the hotel manager was thinking on that one so we stayed with our 2 rooms. (we saw a few guys at the pool that told us they has a reservation but the hotel was booked so they moved them to a different property down the street but i don’t know if they got any perks or not for the troubles so watch out for that).

#4- THE FOOD, the hotel food on a scale from 1-10, i will give it a 7-1/2 to 8. salt was good, but we enjoyed silk. If you like Asian food and sushi its pretty good. stick with bottled water but its Mexico you should already know that. the ice for the drinks is all bagged ice and they are pretty good with food safety. we stayed 4 nights and tried every restaurant in the hotel with no sickness or prob. NOTE: kind of small portions so just order 2 meals that’s what i did.

#5- THE POOL- the pool is great, swim up bar, adult only section, cabana beds, and the temp in the pool is like bath water. we enjoyed the pool beds a lot.

#6- SAFETY- we did not feel unsafe at all. don’t listen to all the news reports about these drug wars and all these stupid stuff we walked up and down the strip with no worries at all. it felt like we were in the states.

#7- LANGUAGE- we didn’t speak a lick of Spanish but 75-80% of the people could speak a lil English.

#8- HOTEL LOCATION the hotel is prob 2blocks away from a nice outdoor mall with food courts and restaurants. if you want to go to the bars its a 5min cab ride for 10.00. (GO TO THE CITY IT WAS NUTS but don’t dress to nice because you will be in a middle of a crazy glow in the dark paint fight )

#9- EXERTIONS- book everything from the hotel. we booked wave runners no prob. we then booked parasailing and my wife got scared to ride we took our recite back to the hotel and the guy from aqua world gave me a full refund.

#10- ROOMS yes the walls are paper thin and you can hear everything but people are kind of courteous. the shower was amazing and hot water was not an issue like others have reported. the housekeeping was good and the mini bar was a can of corona, bottle of corona, 2 water bottles and coke and sprite. i saw no snacks of hard liquor for free. there are other stuff but you must pay for them like candy and chips.

#11- HOTEL BARS- LAME rose bar was this upscale 85 and older crowd and not a big party spot. they will tell you the DJ playing until the late hours of the night but he sucked. all house music and with 4ppl dancing didn’t give it any help. so if you want to party and club rose bar is not for you.
that’s pretty much my review on this hotel thanks and enjoy your trip

11 Thank joeataction
Dear joeataction,

I would like to start by thanking you for having written such a detailed and objective review of your most recent stay at Me Cancun. We appreciate you took the time to share your experience to other travelers. Thank you too for pointing out where we need to focus because we will most definitely work on our areas of improvement to ensure our guests´ satisfaction. I´m glad you have fun at the pools and that you´ve enjoyed the food prepared especially for you.
We hope to host you again, and I assure you that we are going to be working very hard for your complete satisfaction.
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2011

We stayed here for our honeymoon and found that it was very well rounded. If we wanted our romantic time or let loose at the Adult pool, it was all there. Gorgeous property.
TRY THE SPA!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank WestCoastGal55
Thank you very much for sharing your experience at the hotel with other travelers and for choosing us as part of a special event, I´m very happy to read that your honeymoon at Me was very romantic and that you have fun at the Infinity. We will be so pleased to have you with us again. Thanks again and please if I can be of any help do not hesitate to contact me directly. Bests wishes.
Austin, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2011

Booked through bookit.com to stay at the ME resort for 3 nights for a bachelor party. We chose ME for the scene and fun. As soon as we got there, they said our rooms we had (3) the AC was broken, they refused to upgrade us, and then forced us to Gran Melia after 2 hours of argument. Then we had to call bookit.com and incur huge charges due to being in Mexico. They harassed us over at the Gran Melia until we cleared the charges with them through bookit.com which took a total of 2 days and 15 hours wasted at the front desk. Needless to say our trip was a waste due to the ME not giving us a room there immediately.
We did stay at the ME for the last night, and it was nice, but they are like the other AI resorts, and wanting tips for everything and really slow on servicing all customers.
Highly not recommended to use bookit.com or go to ME.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
4 Thank dtnhoang
Islip, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2011

My partner and I stayed here with two other couples in mid-July. I read wildly divergent reviews on this site after booking, so I wasn't sure what to expect. But whatever lingering reservations I had were gone upon check in. My partner and I stayed in a suite on The Level, which was a great experience. The check-in was swift and the staff was amazing. Marisol, Alma and Abraham on The Level were helpful throughout the week answering questions, helping book tables for dinner and making spa appointments. They were always smiling and eager to help.

We have stayed at several other all-inclusives in Antigua and St. Lucia and never loved the meals. The food at ME Cancun was excellent -- and always beautifully presented. I am not a sushi lover, but the fresh hand-made sushi at Silk was quite tasty. We tried each of the restaurants and were always impressed with the food at each one. The romantic dinner on the beach was an amazing experience (and included if you book a room on The Level). I don't eat shellfish, and the chef was kind enough to accommodate my specific needs, since oysters and shrimp were on the menu.

My partner and I sprung for a bali bed by the pool every day (an extra $40 per day) to ensure a spot to sit and a place in the shade if we wanted one. We thought it was worth it. We had a waiter, Joel, on several days who was amazing. He always had drinks at the ready and was super-friendly and personable. I have read reviews here that said the staff was slow or aloof, but I NEVER found that to be the case.

My partner and I each got a massage, which we thoroughly enjoyed. My masseuse, Laura, was an expert and my back felt like Jell-O (in a good way!) when she was done. We also used the beautiful spa facilities for an our or so after we were done. There was a sauna, jacuzzi, indoor/outdoor pool, rain showers, etc.

We also loved the decor and the vibe of the hotel, which was funky and reminded me of New York (my home). We are relatively young (early 30's) so we enjoyed the club-vibe by the adult pool (there's a DJ on weekends) and the funky soundtrack played throughout the hotel.

The other couples we traveled with were also impressed. We've already talked about coming back. Oh... the beach is gorgeous, too. Crystal clear water and perfect white sand.

A few (very small) things that could be improved upon: One elevator was out of service all week, so there were only 3 working ones. The hotel was at capacity when we stayed, so we often had to wait a while for an elevator. Also -- the restaurant Salt could get very hot at night... wouldn't hurt to crank up the AC a bit. But those aren't things that would prevent me from going back.

We can't wait to visit again!

6 Thank NativeNewYorker1980
Thank you very much for posting such a wonderful review of our The Level service. It is very motivating when our guests recognize the service and the effort of the staff to make an unforgettable experience. Be sure I will share your commentary with Alma, Marisol, Abraham, Joel and Laura, I assure you they will be very happy to read it. Thank you too for telling us where we need to focus to improve our guest experience, I assure you we are working on it. Thanks again and whenever you are coming back do not hesitate to contact me to complete your experience.
Seaside Heights, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2011

I just want to start off by saying not to listen too much to the negative reviews because there are picky people out there and just want to write negative things for the smallest things. I went to the Me in July of 2011. I went with my wife and and 2 kids. As soon as we arrived into the lobby, we felt relaxed with the sleek style and calmness. A lady greeted us with drinks while we were checking in and it was just so nice. We went to our room and it was clean and new. The bathrooms were also very clean and i have to say, we loved the rain shower! The pool was beautiful with a swim up bar and a bbq in the day while everyone was soaking up the sun. The pool was surrounded by beach chairs, cabanas, and beds. The beach was also right there and was truly paradise. The water was literally turquoise just looking at it- you'll LOVE it! While we sat on the beach the staff brought us drinks and were soooooo nice. They are so respectful and really friendly. They made our stay extra special because they were so helpful and wanted to make the guests' trip amazing. Now to the restaurants, one word- DELICIOUS! We went to all of the restaurants and they were all so good. The restaurants were clean and there was a variety of foods- Asian bistro with hibachi, Mediterranean, South American grill, and Mexican cuisine. I really can't complain about the food because I went to all of them. Oh yes and the buffet breakfast was really good! There really was something for everyone and usually don't like breakfast, but i LOVED the breakfast at Salt. Finally, for the nightlife, people who are looking for a resort with something to do at night, you'll love this place. The rose bar/lounge turns into a club with a love DJ and looks really pretty with the lights. Right outside the Rose bar deck where there were lounge chairs, there was cabanas and bali beds with hookahs. All in all, I had an amazing vacation with my family at the Me Cancun and hope to return again. From my experience i say....BOOK IT and hope you enjoy it like my family and I did :)

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
7 Thank jerseytraveler9396
Thank you very much for posting such as wonderful review about our Resort, we are a brand that our main objective is to offer experiences beyond mere accommodation and I am really happy to read that your wife and kids have an unforgettable time here. Be sure we are going to be waiting for you and your family, whenever you are coming back and if I can be of any assistance do not hesitate to contact me directly.