Okay well I stayed here for 2 weeks Oct 2-Oct 15th with my 19 year old daughter. Upon check in was told we were upgraded to VIP which was cool but was not sure what that entitled us to. We booked a Lagoon suite and was supposed to get wine, fruit basket and robes, along with the lagoon cruise and in suite dinner. But there was no wine, no fruit basket and No robes. Plus we didn't even have the mini bar/fridge that came with the room. So here I was complaining the very first day.
Not going to go into great detail about this trip as it had many ups and downs. Definately think that the restaurants should be open later and with more than 2 to choose from per night. The pools also should be open later. The best part of this resort has got to be the entertainment staff. They put on great shows and are really helpful in many ways. David was an exceptionally polite and nice person. When we came home from being away from the resort he always greeted us with a smile and asked about our day. Overall I'm not sure if I would stay at this resort again as I think there were more cons than pros unfortunately. If I could take the entertainment staff to another resort then I would go there. It actually seemed that the front end people, concierage, front desk and guest services were lacking in hospitality compared to all the other staff. You know the ones who actually try to make your stay the best possible. We decided that for our Mexico destination of choice would have to be going back to the RIU Emerald Bay in Mazatlan. Overall a much nicer and friendlier resort and even the locals aren't as pushing as we found them to be in Cancun. I would recommend staying at this resort only if you see more positive comments than negative. And if you do stay here, say a hello to David on the entertainment staff from Tara from Canada. CHEERS!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Great Parnassus Family Resort is located at KM 17 on the Hotel Zone. It is an ideal hotel whether you are vacationing, celebrating or working. Ranging from fun to excitement for the whole family. With areas specialized for baby care, plus a complete children’s water park with a castle, pirate ship and water slides. Teenager club and a complete day and night time activities program. All the upbeat fun imaginable for families; snack bars, coffee and sweets at our creperie. Offering also exclusive areas for adults only. When choosing suites or club rooms for adults only, guests have access to our elite lounge restaurant for breakfast, and in-room special amenities. A variety of 7 different restaurants, 11 bars, 24 hour room service, 4 pools, mini golf plus a variety of different suites to choose from including family suites that fit up to five people. Entertainment at night, with interactive games and shows performed by our entertainers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Great Parnassus Family Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Great Parnassus Hotel Cancun
- Great Parnassus Resort Cancun
- Great Parnassus Resort Spa Cancun
- Parnassus Cancun