This was our second stay at the Great Parnassus. Our first was 5 years ago. The hotel itself has aged much since then with very little or no updates. If you are looking for a place that offers a nice beach, so so food, and aren't too uptight, then this hotel is a good value. The clientale has changed much since our last visit as it appears this is a hot spot for Latinos. Americans were definitely in the minority and some of the cultural differences may may bother some people. Simple things like elevator ediquette and the concept of waiting your turn in line. Im sure there are things Americans do that are equally frustrating. English is still spoken throughout the hotel. This is an open air hotel meaning the lobby and buffet dining areas are not air conditioned. Even in the morning it was hot when eating breakfast. We really liked the food in the Japanese steak house and the Big Ben restaurant. We probably won't be back, but as I said the value isn't bad at all.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Great Parnassus Family Resort is located at KM 17 on the Hotel Zone. It is an ideal hotel whether you are vacationing, celebrating or working. Ranging from fun to excitement for the whole family. With areas specialized for baby care, plus a complete children’s water park with a castle, pirate ship and water slides. Teenager club and a complete day and night time activities program. All the upbeat fun imaginable for families; snack bars, coffee and sweets at our creperie. Offering also exclusive areas for adults only. When choosing suites or club rooms for adults only, guests have access to our elite lounge restaurant for breakfast, and in-room special amenities. A variety of 7 different restaurants, 11 bars, 24 hour room service, 4 pools, mini golf plus a variety of different suites to choose from including family suites that fit up to five people. Entertainment at night, with interactive games and shows performed by our entertainers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Expedia, Despegar.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Great Parnassus Family Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Great Parnassus Hotel Cancun
- Great Parnassus Resort Cancun
- Great Parnassus Resort Spa Cancun
- Parnassus Cancun