I have already travelled to over 30 countries and stayed in all types of accommodations, from hostels to luxury resorts. Great Parnassus in Cancun could be one of the best hotels among all. It is located in a beautiful beach, conveniently located to take a short bus ride to Cancun's attractions. It has an amazing structure, with a few pools, spa, a number of restaurants, bars, etc. Rooms are spacious and comfortable.
• Prior to the trip, I contacted the hotel and asked if they could arrange a special event for my girlfriend. They kindly replied with 3 interesting options. I asked for more details and they never answered. OK. That would be a plus. No reason to get stressed (yet).
• We made a reservation for a king size bed and they gave us double beds. There was no room with king bed available the day we arrived. They asked us to check the following morning. Fine. We're in Cancun. Let's keep smiling.
• The room was noisy due to the machinery of another hotel nearby and the water in the bathtub wouldn’t flow. No problem. It happens. Let's ask for maintenance to solve.
• They changed us to another room. We lost the ocean view, but gained a Jacuzzi. Interesting. But... there was no hot water! And the situation persisted for 5 days!!!
• Hotel staff, including front desk, guest services, concierge, maintenance and even management, continuously indicated that the problem was solved and we would have hot water in about 20 minutes. Lie after lie for 5 consecutive days.
• In most days we had no towels in the room and had to ask.
• When we dialed “management” in the room phone, we ended up speaking with someone from the spa.
• All inclusive, but... Water tasted bad. Soft drinks were full of ice and water. Wine was the worst possible (had to pay additional for a decent wine). Drinks menu simply don’t exist.
• We asked in-room breakfast 3 times. First time worked fine. The other two arrived significantly late and had much less food than what we had asked. Definitely not enough for a couple.
• Food in restaurants was not good at all. Service was even worse. Restaurants have available tables and receptionist holds customers outside for at least 30 minutes for no reasonable explanation. Exceptions are Noe and Luisa. They are extremely respectful and truly deserve a better place to work.
• Some hotel employees ask for tips all the time. Isn't it all inclusive and already paid for???
• Non-motorized activities are included in the “all inclusive”, but when we got to the marina nearby, the sailing boat simply didn’t exist!
• At check out, I was told I had to return a power adapter that I had never asked. I had so much with this hotel that I offered to open all my luggage for inspection, but I demanded the presence of a police officer. They chatted and decided not do that.
In summary... There are so many options in Cancun. We were not lucky with our choice. Pick up a better place to your vacations.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Great Parnassus Family Resort is located at KM 17 on the Hotel Zone. It is an ideal hotel whether you are vacationing, celebrating or working. Ranging from fun to excitement for the whole family. With areas specialized for baby care, plus a complete children’s water park with a castle, pirate ship and water slides. Teenager club and a complete day and night time activities program. All the upbeat fun imaginable for families; snack bars, coffee and sweets at our creperie. Offering also exclusive areas for adults only. When choosing suites or club rooms for adults only, guests have access to our elite lounge restaurant for breakfast, and in-room special amenities. A variety of 7 different restaurants, 11 bars, 24 hour room service, 4 pools, mini golf plus a variety of different suites to choose from including family suites that fit up to five people. Entertainment at night, with interactive games and shows performed by our entertainers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Great Parnassus Family Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Great Parnassus Hotel Cancun
- Great Parnassus Resort Cancun
- Great Parnassus Resort Spa Cancun
- Parnassus Cancun