I feel there are a few things that you have to take into consideration when staying at the Great Parnassus. From a purely architectural standpoint, the GP is a great hotel that is large and has great rooms. The room was nice and spacious with a very nice private balcony that overlooked the beach and the ocean. In terms of food, which seem to be the biggest compliant that people have, it was hit or miss. I thought the French restaurant was very good, the buffet was an average buffet you can get anywhere (but it wasn't unedible as many people claim), and the others were just average. The biggest thing to keep in mind is that you have complete access to another hotel. The Golden Parnassus is an adults only hotel that had a much nicer buffet and more of a adult party theme. There is a shuttle that goes back and forth every hour, or you can just walk, which me and my girlfriend did a few times (its a nice 30 min walk on the beach but you are in Cancun with perfect weather so it was very relaxing). The people at Golden were a lot more friendly, but I think that has to do with there being a LOT more english speaking people there (Americans, Canadians and Brits) than at the Great Parnassus (which had a lot of people from Brazil and South America).
Overall, I think the GP is a great value. There are enough good places between Golden and Great to eat at where you will be satisfied. And besides the food everything else was top notch. If you want Wolfgang puck cooking every meal, then you can pay double the amount and stay at Le Blanc or something like that. But for the money I had a great time hanging out at the Great and Golden Parnassus.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Great Parnassus Family Resort is located at KM 17 on the Hotel Zone. It is an ideal hotel whether you are vacationing, celebrating or working. Ranging from fun to excitement for the whole family. With areas specialized for baby care, plus a complete children’s water park with a castle, pirate ship and water slides. Teenager club and a complete day and night time activities program. All the upbeat fun imaginable for families; snack bars, coffee and sweets at our creperie. Offering also exclusive areas for adults only. When choosing suites or club rooms for adults only, guests have access to our elite lounge restaurant for breakfast, and in-room special amenities. A variety of 7 different restaurants, 11 bars, 24 hour room service, 4 pools, mini golf plus a variety of different suites to choose from including family suites that fit up to five people. Entertainment at night, with interactive games and shows performed by our entertainers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Great Parnassus Family Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Great Parnassus Hotel Cancun
- Great Parnassus Resort Cancun
- Great Parnassus Resort Spa Cancun
- Parnassus Cancun