We orginally booked with another resort to find out last minute that some of our 'all inclusive ammenities wouldnt be available. Lucky for us we were able to get in at the Great Parnassus Resort instead.
I was impressed with this resort when I first layed eyes on it. The lobby was very spacious & all opened up to let the sea air in. It was very beautifully decorated & staff was on hand & ready to take our luggage off our hands while we checked in. While knowing the lauguage was a plus for us, it was not necessary for basic communication.
I was very satisfied with our room. It was very roomy w a king bed & the tv was set up to receive both English & Spanish channels. There was a lounging area off to the side of our room as well as a balcony looking right out to the ocean that was set up with a little table & chairs. While the furniture needed a lil repair work, everything else was wonderful-and, YES, the water is safe to drink!
We noticed right away that room service was available 24hr a day & you could even order your breakfast the night prior via a menu attached to your door. We took advantage of that option numerous times during our trip & enjoyed breakfasts on our balcony with the ocean & quiet dinners at night.
Downstairs, they had many restaurants to choose from-each with a different menu & we had a blast trying all the different locations. If you run outta choices you could always take the shuttle to their sister location: 'The Grand Parnassus' where you could enjoy similar ammenities w an adults only vibe. They had a great seafood restaurant right on the beach where I had coconut shrimp & the snack shop off the pools had the best pico de gallo Ive ever had!! If you cant get away to the Grand, theres an adults pool & spa section on one of the upper floors at the Great & was a great escape.
At both locations, the beach was literally a step outside the resort doors & had many lounge chairs & shaded palapas to relax in. Getting a drink was no effort at all. Not only were the bartenders quick to serve, but they were extremely accomendating!! They filled our Nalgenes from home full w frozen beverages saving us a few trips to the bar. While tipping wasnt necessary as it was an all inclusive resort, its important to note that slipping the staff a $1 here & there went a LONG WAY towards our service & pretty much guaranteed the royal treatment. Snack bars were provided right on the beach & they had many vendors walking throughtout the beach who could literally get you ANYTHING youre after!!
If youre looking for some planned activities, theres no shortage in that department. There were information booths set up right on the beach w staff ready to set you up with whatever youre after & more in the lobby. We did a snorkeling trip to see the coral reef with the booth outside & a jungle tour with the organization in the lobby. Both were well worth the money we paid, try to bargain down the beach booth guy as they are quick to sell a 'discount' that isnt that great compared to the other outfitters.
We didnt do much exploring around town as it wasnt very inviting in some areas. We did take the local bus for pennies down to a seafood restaurant right on the ocean. The food was pricey, but very delicious & nice to get a night away from the resort!!
The only downside to our trip was the persistent man who kept trying to get us to come for a timeshare presentation whenever we passed the lobby. We just politely said no, the first few times & then began to downright blow him off when he commented we need to 'give him a break & help him out.' Sorry, presentations were not part of our Cancun vacation agenda!!
Overall, it was a perfect vacation & you cant go wrong with the Great Parnassus resort. We plan to come back & try their other location, The Grand Parnassus next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Great Parnassus Family Resort is located at KM 17 on the Hotel Zone. It is an ideal hotel whether you are vacationing, celebrating or working. Ranging from fun to excitement for the whole family. With areas specialized for baby care, plus a complete children’s water park with a castle, pirate ship and water slides. Teenager club and a complete day and night time activities program. All the upbeat fun imaginable for families; snack bars, coffee and sweets at our creperie. Offering also exclusive areas for adults only. When choosing suites or club rooms for adults only, guests have access to our elite lounge restaurant for breakfast, and in-room special amenities. A variety of 7 different restaurants, 11 bars, 24 hour room service, 4 pools, mini golf plus a variety of different suites to choose from including family suites that fit up to five people. Entertainment at night, with interactive games and shows performed by our entertainers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire and Evoline ltd so you can book your Great Parnassus Family Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Great Parnassus Hotel Cancun
- Great Parnassus Resort Cancun
- Great Parnassus Resort Spa Cancun
- Parnassus Cancun