Let me just get the negative out of the way early. We traveled with a family of 13 and had booked 5 rooms. My wife and I along with her parents were shipped to the sister hotel (The Golden Parnassus - Adults Only). They stated they were overbooked and informed us when we arrived. Needless to say this was not appreciated. However, they promised us if we would stay over there for two nights they will upgrade us to a suite and comp us a free massage in the Spa. They had a shuttle that brought us back and forth between the hotels so we could be with our family. However, the last shuttle was at 10pm each night. The Golden Parnassus is great for honeymooners and couples, but this vacation was for partying and being with the family. So I found the adults only hotel to be boring and bland. When we checked in to the Great Parnassus we did receive a suite but it was facing the Lagoon side. I complained because we had booked a deluxe ocean view. But it worked out to our advantage. The Lagoon side gives you a great view of the sun setting. And also helps to dry out your swim wear from the beach and pool. The suite is nice and roomy. It has a large balcony with a jacuzzi. The adult pool is below these balconies. So watch out for the occasional Peeping Tom if you use the jacuzzi. The bed was very comfortable and the room is up to date. We didn't have a fridge in this unit (802). But my mother-in-law did in her unit (801). Yes, right next door. Try to get a room on the odd side of the hotel. The Hilton is next door and their A/C blares all day long. So that could be a problem if you don't like noise. The bathroom has a separate toilet and double sinks. The shower is nice but the beautiful electronic gadgets does not work. But all the different shower heads do. There is even a walk-in closet in the bathroom area. The hotel is shaped like a cruise ship and you can hear when everyone comes and goes from their rooms. The doors slam very loud all day long. There's a swim up bar, 3 pools, 1 kiddie pool and an adults only pool. The Water park is also great with a side for younger kids and teens. The beach was rough while we were there. We were told it was due to the weather. It only rained twice during our stay and only lasted for about 10 minutes max. Our wait staff was excellent by the pool. Eunice and Yazmin were great. Our cups never ran empty. Whew!! That's all I will say about that. Lol! The VIP breakfast lounge was good too. Pedro was the man! He was so nice for it to be so early in the morning. This is a lounge on the 10th floor only open to those with a purple band (VIP - Suites). It was called the Sanctorum and had views of the pools and beach below. Not only were we stalked by time share people at the airport but they are also in the hotel. We took the tour and the offer that they gave was amazing but we were not ready to commit at the time. The Spa is marvelous. Be sure to get a couples massage. The food is mediocre, but that is the trend sometimes with All-inclusives. If you need to travel don't take a taxi. The transportation system is awesome. The buses come every 5 mins and only cost $1 usd per person per ride. We went downtown and different places a lot. We wanted to rent scooters during our stay but everyone advised us not to. And if you travel a lot, you'll see that they are very aggressive drivers in Cancun. It's not safe if you are unfamiliar with the city. So we took the Ferry to Isla Mujeres which was $15 usd round trip. Over there is more laid back and we rented scooters for $20 usd for 2 hours and drove around the whole island twice. It was really nice. You can pay $40 usd for the whole day but it's not necessary. But use your time wisely because the Ferry only operates at certain hours as we found out at we had to go to a different port. But we just took an second bus that brought us back to the hotel zone buses. Overall it was a blast. But 8 days wasn't enough for me. I wanted to go to the bullfight and see the Mayan Ruins, but didn't get a chance. We did go to Aqua World which is right down the street. We took the submarine our and the Aquatwister. The submarine took you through the coral reefs. But it wasn't a submarine per se it was just a large glass bottom boat. If you are claustrophobic this is not for you. The Aquatwister was a speed boat on steroids. This was fun and get you soak and wet as it spins out of control through the Lagoon. So I will definitely be back to catch up on all the other tours.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Great Parnassus Family Resort is located at KM 17 on the Hotel Zone. It is an ideal hotel whether you are vacationing, celebrating or working. Ranging from fun to excitement for the whole family. With areas specialized for baby care, plus a complete children’s water park with a castle, pirate ship and water slides. Teenager club and a complete day and night time activities program. All the upbeat fun imaginable for families; snack bars, coffee and sweets at our creperie. Offering also exclusive areas for adults only. When choosing suites or club rooms for adults only, guests have access to our elite lounge restaurant for breakfast, and in-room special amenities. A variety of 7 different restaurants, 11 bars, 24 hour room service, 4 pools, mini golf plus a variety of different suites to choose from including family suites that fit up to five people. Entertainment at night, with interactive games and shows performed by our entertainers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Great Parnassus Family Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Great Parnassus Hotel Cancun
- Great Parnassus Resort Cancun
- Great Parnassus Resort Spa Cancun
- Parnassus Cancun