I was not sure of what to expect when I last-minute booked this property in Cancun. I needed to be close to downtown to run several errands while enjoying my stay in beautiful Cancun, the land of the Maya. I am very familiar with Cancun and most of its hotels both in downtown and in the Hotel Zone, because I have been traveling to Cancun for the past 15 years. My budget was a bit tight this time and because I could not plan ahead of time my options were limited. I totally trusted a local recommendation from a resident and booked the Holiday Inn Arenas located right at the beginning of the Hotel Zone and only five minutes away from downtown Cancun and all of its great bars and shopping malls. I did not book the all-inclusive option because I tend to have reservations on all-inclusive packages (but that’s a totally different review).
When I arrived at the Hotel I asked Alejandro at the front desk to give me a comfortable and pretty room since I was traveling alone (as I often do and love to). He immediately offered a beautiful room with an ocean view. Alejandro was cordial and incredibly professional. My room was spacious, clean and it had a great balcony with an ocean view. The hotel is framed by two small ports where small yachts and boats come and go taking tourists scuba diving and snorkeling so the view of the ocean is a bit blocked but beautiful nonetheless. Nearby, there’s a public beach so locals walk back and forth and local vendors offer a few items for sale at the beach. I personally enjoyed the mix of patrons at this hotel and I have to give them an A- in service. The only reason they don’t get an A+ is due to one of the waiters that tends the snack bar at the beach, who was unprofessional by making a misogynist sexist joke that offended me. Other than this immature jerk, the rest of the service was above average and went beyond my expectation. The hotel’s installations are impeccably clean and the security is tight.
I would strongly recommend this hotel to anyone whose budget is tight and would like to experience a modest, clean and very professional property that includes free WiFi access among its many amenities.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- **** ALL INCLUSIVE OPTION ALSO AVAILABLE**** KIDS FREE UNDER 12 Beautiful BEACH FRONT Hotel, Mediterranean style, perfect for couples and families. Located in front of the calm Cancun beaches. Holiday Inn Cancun Arenas with the best location in the Hotel Zone with a warm environment, surrounded by beautiful gardens, with a walk way that brings you a gorgeous view, that goes from Cancun downtown to the heart of the Hotel Zone, where night clubs, shopping mall and restaurants are located. The Hotel offers All Inclusive Plan and European Plan, beautiful and comfortable rooms with ocean or lagoon view, quality service and four star facilities. Your all inclusive package includes: - Comfortable rooms with Internet access, hairdryer, safe deposit box, iron & ironing board, TV cable, voice mail system, alarm clock and coffee maker. - All meals at the International buffet Restaurant. - Snacks next to the pool - Italian Specialties a La Carte for dining option & The Ocean Grill Tequila a'La Carte' (Reservation required) - Domestic Drinks at the Lobby bar, Pool Bar and the Theater Bar. - Room service (limited menu and hours) - daily activity program and night entertainment. - kids Club - Gym. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Hotwire, Odigeo, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Priceline and Travelocity so you can book your Holiday Inn Cancun Arenas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Cancun Arenas Hotel Cancun
- Cancun Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Arenas Cancun