“DONT LISTEN TO NEGATIVE”

Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Cancun
Ranked #75 of 176 Hotels in Cancun
Reviewed February 14, 2014

We just returned from Belair after a week stay. It was great that there were no little children there. The Staff are fantastic and the view is beautiful. Very clean. They were maintaining it daily. Rooms are large and food was great. Beach was the best on the strip. Staff were running all the time to make sure great service.
Juan, Carlos Horhay, Yesenia Mariseta and Eliseo were top notch. If you want to relax this is the place. So much to say we will return.

Room Tip: Oceanview is beautiful
1  Thank DGUSPODARCHUK
BELAIR_CANCUN291, Gerente at Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2014

Dear Guest:

First of all I would like to thank you for your kind feedback and recognition of our efforts, you can be sure it is a great inspiration for us. I truly hope this holiday memories bring you back to Bel Air Collection Cancun Resort & Spa shortly.

Genreal Manager.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,090)

Reviewed February 11, 2014

just came back from here yesterday,very clean hotel,beautiful room,room cleaned and bed linen changed every day.hotel staff very friendly and most will go out of there way for you.this was my first holiday aboard and i wasnt disappointed.
this was a holiday of a lifetime the sea was turquoise blue and clear white sands and palm trees.
the only down side is if you go with Thomas cook you will have to pay a departure tax to leave mexico this is 900 pesos we were not told about this until we landed in mexico.
we went on 1 excursion to swim with the dolphins which made my holiday my only regret i did not stay long enough.
Beware of flea markets in down town cancun ..stick to mexico outlets.if you do go to flea markets haggle with them.

3  Thank karen7269
BELAIR_CANCUN291, Gerente at Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2014

Dear Guest:

Please let me express my sincere thanks for sharing with us these generous comments about our work and our services. There is nothing more satisfying as knowing that our customers had a memorable stay with us. Thanks for your recommendations and we will be waiting for your next visit with your family and friends.

Best Regards

Reviewed February 8, 2014

This is a very OLD resort, actually should not be considered a resort, just a hotel. Room and common areas were clean but every thing was old with a fresh coat of white paint slathered on, I assume in efforts to improve appearance, it didn't really help! They attempt to make the lobby area look modern by using free flowing white sheer fabric that blows freely, hitting you in the face and tangling your legs. Lobby furniture was a few red and a few white plastic chairs. The front desk......was a portable table with a laptop computer. There was no entertainment offered at the hotel. No entertainment staff, nothing to do, no social activities. I asked for a margarita at the bar, it was made with Orange juice ?.. Not sure what that was all about... Their website says they have several restaurants..... Not so, they have one, they section it off. However, the food was very good! Our room was warn, air condition did not cool properly. No dresser In Room, just a free standing wardrobe. The bed was comfortable. There were no towel bars or robe hooks. The mini bar was a dorm size frig. With water,soda & cans of beer. The staff were very nice however untrained for the hospitality industry. The best thing about our stay was my massage, it was GREAT and cost only $45. We planned to stay for 5 night but moved to a much nicer resort the second morning to complete our winter get away.

Room Tip: Our room was on 2nd floor. Other guests on 3rd fl were complaining their air condition was not cool...

Dear Guest:

First I would like to thank you for visiting Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Cancun. On behalf of all staff please accept my most sincere apologies for not covering your expectations and for any inconvenience you had during your stay, I'd like to say that our goal is continuous improvement, and this is made possible by comments like yours. If there is anything I can do please do not hesitate to contact me, I am at your service. direccion@thebelair.com.mx

Kind Regards.

Reviewed February 1, 2014

Nice clean room. Excellent customer service. Very friendly and helpful staff. The sushi eatery in the main "lobby" area is fantastic! Nice beach...great massage &very worth it! Beds not bad... I would stay here again!

Room Tip: Go ocean side!! And request a balcony!!
5  Thank Ponies4Ever
BELAIR_CANCUN291, Gerente at Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2014

Dear Guest:

Thanks for sharing your opinion with us as well as the encouraging words about our team and our work. It is a pleasure to know that your stay was satisfactory. I would like to thank you for your recommendations and look forward to welcoming you to our hotel again.

Reviewed January 30, 2014

My husband and I just got back from 7 nights at the Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Cancun. I really can't say enough about how incredible it is there!
We were greeted with warmth & friendliness by Karen & she continued to make us feel special & welcomed during our entire trip. We upgraded to the "All Romance Package" & dealt with Korina for this (she will take care of you & find you the best package that suits your needs). She was a pleasure to deal with & took excellent care of us before & during our entire trip!
Our "All Romance Experience" included: private pick up from (and back to) the airport. Might not seem like much up front but trust me - it was amazing walking out & seeing our name on a sign & not having to wait for a bus full of other travellers! Our package included 2.5 hours of spa services for both my husband & I (we opted for massages, facials & a jacuzzi bath) and this was really nice, loved it - every moment - the setting is incredibly romantic! It also included a moonlight dinner on the beach with a 4 course meal, private waiter & beautiful setting (flame torches & tea light lanterns all around you - this was by far my favorite part of our package. 3 hours of beauty & delicious food! It also included a moonlight massage for both my husband & I - which was also incredible. No CD of the waves crashing like in the massage clinics at home haha nope it was the real deal! It too was simply incredible & I wish I could say the words to describe how pampered & amazing we felt during our entire stay!
The food is good. There are 2 menus to choose from at Dinner, 1 for breakfast & lunch & there are snacky type foods available almost all day. If you are a lover of seafood you will not get bored of the choices because there is a lot of those types of dinners & lunches for you to choose from. I'm not a fan of seafood at all, but still had something different at most meals.
The drinks are good - not a tone of alcohol in the mixed drinks I don't believe but my husband & I are not big drinkers so it didn't both us (if you go, try the Miami Vice yummy). If you are looking to get a buzz from your drinks - drink the tequila or the wine - it'll do the trick trust me!
One of our favorite employees who took extra great care of us was Marisela! I think she is an amazing woman & such a value to BelAir. If you go & meet her, you'll understand! She is just the best, efficient yes but treats you like she actually cares about you!
In the restaurants - everyone is great & friendly. We really enjoyed meeting Jorge. Young & full of spirit. Extremely friendly & helpful. He was our waiter for our dinner on the beach so we had a great chat with him about all the languages he knows & he told us things about the area & answered all of our inquiring minds want to know questions!
Everyone there is extremely helpful! English is not the first language but they all speak some english & we had no trouble asking questions & getting answers so the language barrier was definitely not a problem.
Oh, we also had a Jacuzzi in our room (included in our upgrade package) which was beyond amazing!!! Beautiful lights in our room & all around the building. The lobby is an open space literally open (there's no ceiling) open to star gaze with beautiful white flowing sheers & lighting the screams romance!
We also had a mini photo shoot with Masterproduction.mx - I highly recommend their services as well - the photos were beautiful & very reasonably priced.
I read a lot of reviews before going to BelAir... I truly don't understand the people who've written bad reviews - but I know everyone is different & their expectations are different too. If you are looking for a 5+ Star with everything new from top to bottom or nothing but fine dining - this is likely not the place for you. BUT if you are looking for a nice hotel, very very clean, & extremely helpful & friendly staff - THIS IS the place to go - you won't be disappointed!
For the most part it's a pretty low key resort (which my husband & I loved) but if you want to be out socializing at night the front lobby bar is open until midnight & plays great music.
There is a good mix of ages - 20's, 30's 40's 50's & older! Mostly couples but definitely some singles too! I was concerned about the topless bathing as being from Canada, it's pretty rare here and I wasn't sure if I'd be bothered or not... but it was rare during our week there too. I did see 2 women bathing topless on day 1 and that was it.... didn't see it again the rest of the week. ( I only mention this because one reviewer said that the amount of topless women at the pool & on the beach ruined their experience - and I never saw anyone topless at the pool).
So as you will see by reading this review - I loved it there! I think it's important you go in with the right expectation. It's a small resort, it's nice and it's clean. The food is good & the pool & beach are amazing. The nice thing about the resort being so small is by the end of your week you'll feel like you know the staff! If you want to have the poshest of posh - better spend a lot more money & go to a higher star rated resort.
But trust me - Bel Air Cancun is amazing & if you're looking for a romantic getaway - this is a great place to go!

Room Tip: We stayed in a room with a jacuzzi - if you can get one, do it. otherwise try to get an oceanview r...
1  Thank Tonya D

Reviewed January 27, 2014

We just returned from a week's stay at the Bel Air. We purchased the deal through Living Social and our expectations were not that high considering the price. We needed a low cost getaway and this did definitely fit that bill. With that being said, unless you get a deal, you could be extremely disappointed. This was probably the cheapest place we ever stayed but as time went on, we grew to like it even more and the staff helps make the experience. There were hardly any Americans. Expect Mexican, Canadian and lots of French speaking Canadians. We have stayed at All Inclusive's as well as the Four Seasons, The Ritz and other upscale hotels while in the Caribbean. We kind of think we go into each experience with certain expectations....as we did with the Bel Air and the price that we paid.

First....and my goodness....this place is so outdated it's scary. Kinda a mix of a bad Sci-Fi movie meets Miami Vice. Perhaps back in the day, this place was nice, but it's old. Really old. I don't even believe a remodel would work. This is a knock down and start over!

The All Inclusive option was a great deal. The drinks are somewhat typical of an AI and it's cheap liquor. The food, on the other hand, was better than most AI's. There is not a buffet and still plenty of food options. The service can be slow - but isn't everything in the Caribbean? It's Caribbean time and time to chill and relax.

We did get a massage and it was priced reasonable. One day, someone was walking around about the day's deal and we jumped on it. A 90 minute massage for $ 80.00 USD .... SOLD!

The minor issues we had with either the slow service in the restaurant, to a small issue that I lost my glasses were handled very promptly and professionally every time. Oh....and when we got there it was noted "tips not included", yet our confirmation stated it was. I can assume there are different packages so just be sure what is included in your price. They immediately honored what was on the confirmation and did not attempt any stories or excuses. It was quickly resolved.

All in all, if you can get over the God awful decor, you will enjoy your vacation! The place is old but clean.....and the beds were comfortable.

3  Thank micheleandjohn

Dear Guest:

I regret that we do not meet your expectations during his time in Bel Air, please accept my apologies for any inconvenience you mentioned in your valuable comments. I assure you that nothing is more important to us as comfort and satisfaction of each person who gives us the honor of being our guest, it’s a shame you feel disappointed with the quality of service. Hope gives us the opportunity to return in the future to provide the best personalized service and make your vacation in Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa a truly luxurious experience.

Kind Regards

Reviewed January 24, 2014

Quick get-away with hubby sans kids so the jacuzzi room was fun. Special touches like evening room "fluffing" of towels, evening brownies, a tub of champagne, putting on music, are designed to set the mood for romance. They were sweet if not a little silly. I thought the food was really good -- the seafood especially. OK, the sushi was marginal, but the other Sushi bar items were ok. Poolside snack bar was marginal as well -- bar-food, nachos, hot dogs, burgers, wings -- if that's your thing -- and when drinking lots of beer, sometimes it is. We didn't figure out until too late that we could have ordered from the Azul restaurant. You have to sign a tab for everything, which seems odd, but they offer three tiers of food & beverage so that's the only way they can reconcile the accounts and keep you from having to wear a tacky bracelet. But, the best thing is beachside drink service (thank you Marisela!), laying on a totally comfy beach bed (get yours early!) and listening to the sounds of the waves without interruption. Not a place to bring kids. I love mine, but am glad there weren't others around to make me miss mine more. Excellent spa (thanks Marta!) for facial and massaje (and more services available as well!). So the room was OK... it was clean and there was that jacuzzi. But being on the ground level and close to the service corridor made it noisy all night and morning. Also some issue with the plumbing, which I often expect in Mexico as the gringos don't often know it's not OK to flush the T.P., but our bathroom had an odor most of the time. It was nice, though, that we could open the window to the room, or go out the back door to our little patio, and walk a few steps to the pool deck. The furniture throughout the lobby was reminiscent of an '80s hair salon. Very uncomfortable, but kind of interesting to look at. Lobby is where (free) wifi worked the best. Would I go back? I don't think the all-inclusive resort experience in the Hotel Zone (nothing but hotels as far as the eye can see in either direction) is my gig, but this was an easy vacay -- I didn't have to think, cook, or make any major decisions other than what drink to order. It's worth a shot if you're a beach bum, but if you want a 5 star experience from top to bottom, try elsewhere. Oh, bring singles for tips.

Room Tip: Quieter the higher you go... But nice convenience of pool deck access if you go with lower level. Ja...
2  Thank Elle_Jay72701

Dear Guest:

Please let me express my sincere thanks for sharing with us this generous comments about our work and our services, our goal is continuous improvement, and this is possible thanks to comments like yours. There's nothing like knowing that our clients had a great time during your stay with us.