“This is the place if you want peace and quiet!”

Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Cancun
Ranked #82 of 181 Hotels in Cancun
Los Angeles, California
“This is the place if you want peace and quiet!”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

The staff was very nice: Rigoberto the waiter, Yese the waitress, Sindy in the cafe, Guadalupe the room cleaner, Samuel the manager.
The room and restroom was clean, Good view of the ocean. Clean pool. Food was good. It is peaceful because there is no kids.

They don't always turn on the hot tub. Don't use the restroom in the lobby. I hate those card keys. I would ask for a bath mat for when you get out of the shower.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank Lorretta G
BELAIR_CANCUN291, Gerente at Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Cancun, responded to this review, August 4, 2013
Dear Guest:

Please let me express my sincere thanks for sharing with us these generous comments about our work and our services, our goal is continuous improvement, and this is possible thanks to comments like yours. There's nothing like knowing that our clients had a great time during your stay with us. Thank you very much for you comments about the food and the attention of our staff.Thanks for your opinion and we will be waiting for your next visit.

Lic. Andrea Bosio

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (282)
  • Polish first
Koszalin, Poland
Reviewed July 30, 2013

The hotel is away from the hustle and bustle of Cancun attractions, and Bel Air itself is quiet, not good if you look for entertainment in your hotel, we even asked the staff to turn on the music in the pool area... Apart form that it was clean, rooms quite big, pool was great, beach amazing! Food in the restaurant was OK, but the service was too slow and the look of the restaurant was like a cheap canteen... Not all of the staff speak English. Never leave your postcards in the receptions as they don't send it (despite the fact that they promised to do that :(). The stay was OK but other hotels that we saw from the beach seemed to be a better holiday destination.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank nataaala
Dear Guest

First of all Thank you very much for sharing your experience, to the Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa comments like yours are helpful to identify our areas of opportunity. Your comments and suggestions are taken into account and are the benchmark for better service.We are looking forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to our resort in the future.

Lethbridge
Reviewed July 26, 2013

We had two nights in Cancun before heading out to explore Quintana Roo, Yucatan and Belize. I booked the Bel Air because the price was good and in looked fresh and renovated. Firstly, I would say that the location is not the best-it is quite far from the main strip- expect a $30 cab ride. After the first night paying that in cab fare we just took the bus. Whereas if you pay a little more for a hotel in a better location you dont have to worry about taxis. The hotel was not fresh and white as it appears in pictures-it was dirty, dusty and moldy. We asked to switch rooms after the first night because our doors (patio and entrance) didnt lock and the safe didnt work. On the booking it indicated that the rate included breakfast-only breakfast was only continental breakfast and served between 6-7am (ya right), but for a few fee we could "upgrade" to enjoy their all inclusive plan. We looked at the food at the buffet and it looked really bad so we declined.
There was a breakfast place across the street that sold breakfast tacos for 10 pesos (much better).
Checking out was a nightmare, I had prepaided through expedia but they claimed that I did not pay and would need to pay again. they claimed that since they had not received their payment from Expedia I would need to pay again. I speak fluent spanish and have lived in Mexico so I was not dealing with this situation as a "newbie". I had my booking on my phone and showed them that it was paid but they would not let me leave. Meanwhile, we had arranged a ride with a local friend, but they kept insisting to my husband that we were not allowed to go with locals and we had to get a taxi. The receptionist said I had to wait for the manager to come back before we could leave because we had not paid. Finally, I said that it was not my problem that they had not been paid by expedia and that we were leaving and they would have to figure out how to get their payment, but I am not going to sit their and wait for them to figure things out.
I have been to Cancun a number of times and travelled throughout Mexico and this was one of the slopiest example of hotel management. I thought I would give this hotel a chance because it looked nice and had a good price. In the future I will go back to my usual the Intercontinental-good location, excellent service and only a little bit more a night.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank gypsytravels
Dear Guest.

First I would like to thank you for visiting Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Cancun. On behalf of all staff please accept my most sincere apologies for not covering your expectations and for any inconvenience you had during your stay, I'd like to say that our goal is continuous improvement, and this is made possible by comments like yours. If there is anything I can do please do not hesitate to contact me, I am at your service. direccion@thebelair.com.mx

Lic. Andrea Bosio

Travelers are raving about these Cancun hotels

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 24, 2013

In a nutshell - fantastic hotel, amazing swimming pool which is directly on the beach. Very stunning to the eye !

Accommodation classy and comfortable. Food lovely, but they need to get better dining chairs in the restaurant as they had plastic ones. My opinion, not acceptable for 5 star hotel !

Check In - simple and straight forward. HOWEVER - when the receptionist gives you your key card to your room, please REMOVE it from the paper holder/wallet as it has your room number on it. We made this mistake and due to this, LOCAL THIEVES / OPPORTUNISTS stole our key card from our ruck sack while we were in the swimming pool. Valuables were taken along with debit and credit cards. ( Hotel CCTV revealed 2 men men entering our room) Please USE THE SAFE as our insurance will not pay out because the belongs were not in a locked safe. (Second mistake). Gabriel along with another short/small guy with beautiful eyes (can't remember his name) looked after us really well. Changed our room without any fuss, upgraded us to all inclusive, took us to police station to report the crime. We cannot thank them enough !. Security needs to be tighter at the back of this hotel as anybody can walk in from the beach. I hope this has been done.....

Apart from this horrible incident which I put down to pure bad luck - wrong place wrong time scenario. It is a lovely hotel.

Cancun itself has nothing to offer. No history, no culture, nothing apart from shopping malls and miles of beautiful turquoise sea and pure white sand. If that's the kinda holiday you're after - go for it with caution !

Room Tip: Pay the extra if you can and get a an ocean view - it is absolutely breathtaking....
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Nicola B
Dear Guest:

Thank you very much for your feedback first of all receive my deepest apologies for the problems. As your observation states, all the kind and generous reviews we have been receiving, as a result of dedicated work of our team, are giving us responsibility to maintain our services at the highest level. We hope for the future opportunity to present you that our best efforts are made to meet the highest expectations and guest's satisfaction is our first priority.

Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I stayed here with my family in law march 2013. The staff was very nice, we had a little trouble with our rooms, we had two rooms very far apart and not ocean view as was requested when we booked. The next day we were transfered to ocean view with only 2 rooms apart, everything went smoothly. The food was amazzzzinngg!!! We ate sooo much every meal was better than the last.
great location, bus just across the road, the pool was refreshing

Room Tip: take ocean view, the road side view, has a nice sunset but very noisy
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Cynthia B
BELAIR_CANCUN291, Gerente at Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Cancun, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Dear Guest:

First of all Thank you very much for sharing your experience, to the Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa comments like yours are helpful to identify our areas of opportunity. Your comments and suggestions are taken into account and are the benchmark for better service.It is very satisfying to know that you enjoy your vacation at the hotel and hope to return soon. If there is anything I can do please do not hesitate to contact me, I am at your service. direccion@thebelair.com.mx

Lic Andrea Bosio
New Delhi, Delhi, India
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Bel Air is a beautiful hotel with very good rooms and service.I am an Indian also in the business of travel and tours.I will definitely recommend and promote Bel air hotel to Indian travellers when they visit Cancun.

And I want to especially add that the staff is helpful particularly Yoselyn who is at the guest relations is a wonderful polite and helpful person.She is great at public relations and will do very well in her career because of her helpful attitude .she very efficiently handled my problems and guided us well which really helped us on our holiday in Cancun.

Thank u Yoselyn and thank u Bel Air.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest:

Please let me express my sincere thanks for sharing with us this generous comments about our work and our services, our goal is continuous improvement, and this is possible thanks to comments like yours. There's nothing like knowing that our clients had a great time during your stay with us.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

I just left from my 3 night all inclusive stay and it was amazing! If you stay there I would def recommend the deluxe ocean view room because the view is breathtaking! The guys that work there Julio in particular helped us find and get to the different clubs and events happening on the strip during the nighttime. The food here was ok nothing too special unfortunately but it was free so no real room to complain. The room service could use some improvement. We called and asked for an extra wash cloth on our first day there (there was only one in the room) and we had to call multiple times and finally got it on our last night there. Overall, this place was pretty amazing.

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank tmack87
Dear Guest:

Please let me express my sincere thanks for sharing with us these generous comments about our work and our services, our goal is continuous improvement, and this is possible thanks to comments like yours. There's nothing like knowing that our clients had a great time during your stay with us, Will be happy to pass your congratulations to Julio.Thanks for your opinion and we will be waiting for your next visit.