“Excellent Hotel!”

Ranked #82 of 182 Hotels in Cancun
New Delhi, Delhi, India
“Excellent Hotel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

Bel Air is a beautiful hotel with very good rooms and service.I am an Indian also in the business of travel and tours.I will definitely recommend and promote Bel air hotel to Indian travellers when they visit Cancun.

And I want to especially add that the staff is helpful particularly Yoselyn who is at the guest relations is a wonderful polite and helpful person.She is great at public relations and will do very well in her career because of her helpful attitude .she very efficiently handled my problems and guided us well which really helped us on our holiday in Cancun.

Thank u Yoselyn and thank u Bel Air.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
BELAIR_CANCUN291, Gerente at Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Cancun, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Dear Guest:

Please let me express my sincere thanks for sharing with us this generous comments about our work and our services, our goal is continuous improvement, and this is possible thanks to comments like yours. There's nothing like knowing that our clients had a great time during your stay with us.

Lic. Andrea Bosio

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (281)
  • Polish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

I just left from my 3 night all inclusive stay and it was amazing! If you stay there I would def recommend the deluxe ocean view room because the view is breathtaking! The guys that work there Julio in particular helped us find and get to the different clubs and events happening on the strip during the nighttime. The food here was ok nothing too special unfortunately but it was free so no real room to complain. The room service could use some improvement. We called and asked for an extra wash cloth on our first day there (there was only one in the room) and we had to call multiple times and finally got it on our last night there. Overall, this place was pretty amazing.

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank tmack87
Dear Guest:

Please let me express my sincere thanks for sharing with us these generous comments about our work and our services, our goal is continuous improvement, and this is possible thanks to comments like yours. There's nothing like knowing that our clients had a great time during your stay with us, Will be happy to pass your congratulations to Julio.Thanks for your opinion and we will be waiting for your next visit.

Edmonton, Alberta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

I came here with my wife on our honeymoon and we loved it. Only issue was the food and the location. The food wasn't bad except for the Japanese restaurant, that was nauseating food. The breakfast brunch and dinner service was not bad. Food was lacking in flavour but the service was top notch. The hotel is a bit far from the tourist center of cancun which meant long bus rides but the beach was perfect. It wasnt crowded so there was lots of space to choose from to lay about.

Service at the hotel in general was amazing, I wish I could remember all their names to give them a shout out for how special and how welcome they made us feel. Even after we had to check out they let us keep our belongings in a secure room for several hours while we shopped and lounged on the beach until our airport shuttle came to pick us up.

We had a room facing the lagoon unfortunately but it was very clean and comfy and was cleaned promptly everyday. Plus we always had a nice little dessert waiting for us when we came back to our room.
In all we would love to stay here again because of the amazing staff and the calming atmosphere.

• Stayed December 2012
2 Thank a_dub80
BELAIR_CANCUN291, Gerente at Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Cancun, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Dear Guest:

Thanks for sharing your opinion with us as well as the encouraging words about our team and our work. It is a pleasure to know that your stay was satisfactory.
I would like to thank you for your recommendations and look forward to welcoming you to our hotel again.

Manchester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2013

I booked a 4 night stay in this hotel as a finish to an adventure holiday in Cuba. I was travelling alone and just wanted somewhere clean, basic and on the beach. When I arrived I was overwhelmed with how beautiful the hotel was! It had a calm, relaxing atmosphere and the staff were extremely helpful. On arrival I asked for a sea-view room which I paid a good amount for to upgrade. My room was fantastic (the only con to it was that the door to the balcony didn't lock- however all I had were smelly travel clothes from Cuba so I wasn't too concerned) My view was breath-taking, I literally had to scream and jump around the room like a little kid when I got in (the guy who brought my suitcase up must have thought i was loca!)

I was on a bed and breakfast board, and the breakfast was very good. It is served until midday so I was able to have like a brunch meal so I wasn't too hungry during the day. I took a bus into the noisy bit of Cancun for dinner (cheap and took around 15mins) and there are various restaurants there. There was also a 5pm coffee hour with cakes, then a 6pm sunset champagne hour where you can sip as you watch the sun go down. Also the maids run a 'shut-down' service and bring you a little cake around 10pm - they didnt advise me about this though so I was super scared when I came back into my room to find the TV on and some food on the table!

The pool was lovely and the staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Pool bar with fantastic margaritas that they'll bring to you whilst your tanning away on the beach on the most comfortable sun loungers - they were kind of like sofa beds with pillows.

There was one incident where some workers were painting the hotel and unfortunately the paint had splashed onto my clothes hanging outside. I was pretty upset but they cleaned my clothes free of charge and got them back to me the same day.

I used the spa on 2 occasions. It was very relaxing and they provided a good service - just a little bit pricey!

I love using the gym however I didn't bother on this occasion. It was very small and cramped - the equipment was average but I wouldn't rate it. The beach was an excellent place for a walk about though and with its uneven surface really wakes your legs up after that long flight!

I would definitely go back to this hotel if I had the opportunity to! From my experience it's not a hotel for partying and going crazy in Cancun - but that's something that can easily be found just 15mins down the road.. I'd recommend this hotel to couples, people travelling alone, small families looking for a nice place to chill out and enjoy the Mexican sunshine.

Hope my review helps :) Laurita

Room Tip: I read some reviews that rooms near the aired lobby were noisy - I stayed on the top floor in the ro...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
5 Thank XiscaOpal
Goose Creek, South Carolina, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

My sister and I celebrated our 50th birthday here. We arrived on May 17th for 6 days. This was by far the best vacation I've had. Every staff member was professional and courteous. Each time we asked for anything, a staff member contacted us either in person or phone, and it was given to us. The room was beautiful (ocean view). The waiters and waitresses (dining area or pool) were right on top of things. Waiters very polite. We had our birthday dinner on the beach. It was set-up very nicely. The food is 5-star quality. Oh, and the wine!! Yummy!! We went on two excursions - and both were a great time!! We were offered shuttle service to the airport. I felt like we were generously accepted, and their staff purpose was to ensure we have a great time.

I like to give a big "THANK YOU" to Brianda (hope that is spelled correctly). What a smile!! Thank you for "looking after us and taking care of things".

Room Tip: You want an Ocean Front View with a balcony. Watching the sun rise each morning was beautiful.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Waltham, Massachusetts
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

This Bel Air property is close to the airport. 15mins by shuttle. Beautiful pool, beautiful beach. It's not a large hotel and never felt crowded. You don't have to compete for shaded areas near the pool or on the beach. In the 5 nights my husband and I stayed here, we switched rooms twice. The suites are located on the lobby level, and there are a few in the 'basement' at pool level. Our first suite was lobby level near a kitchenette station the staff uses at night as a sushi bar -doing dishes until the wee hours of the morning, and they use it each morning, starting again at 5am, for lobby coffee service. They might as well have been doing the dishes in our bathroom it was so loud. After two sleepless nights, we moved to a suite on the opposite side of the lobby level-- this time, it was over the main restaurant and near the laundry facility and truck delivery area. again, dishes until 2am, truck deliveries in the middle of the night. Finally we moved to a basement level suite and for the first time on our vacation, actually slept undisturbed. The food is sub-par, the drinks are weak-- but by using the cancun city bus (so easy and cheap!) we found two great spots close by for good food, and went to two over-priced but beautiful seafood restaurants as well. the decor at the bel air cancun is modern and pseudo-chic, though the restaurant has a cheap cafeteria feel to it. If you get a good deal, and like to venture out for food, the pool and beach are worth the hassles. the management would be wise to have more than one person at the front desk in the evenings, or they should extend the concierge hours until 10pm-- the staff was very helpful and friendly when available to assist.

Room Tip: don't stay on the lobby level- 'basement' level suites exit right out to the pool and ar...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank must_travel008
BELAIR_CANCUN291, Gerente at Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Cancun, responded to this review, May 26, 2013
Dear Guest:

I regret that we do not meet your expectations during his time in Bel Air, please accept my apologies for any inconvenience you mentioned in your valuable comments. I assure you that nothing is more important to us as comfort and satisfaction of each person who gives us the honor of being our guest. Hope gives us the opportunity to return in the future to provide the best personalized service and make your vacation in Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa a truly luxurious experience.

Kind Regards
Lic. Andrea Bosio

Travelers are raving about these Cancun hotels

Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013

My husband I stayed at the Bel Air from April 17th through April 20th, and we had a wonderful experience! We booked the All-Inclusive Deluxe Ocean View option, and it was well worth every penny. From check-in to check-out, the service was fantastic. Our room was very clean and had no problems. The mini-bar was stocked each day, and we had petit fours in our room each night. The restaurant was very well run, and the food was excellent. There was fantastic variety at every meal, and we even had a "pre-dinner" and drinks each night at the sushi bar in the open air lobby. The open-air lobby was one of my favorite features, honestly. At night the atmosphere is really neat with the air blowing through the giant white curtains that line the lobby and the colorful uplighting around the hotel. My husband and I were never pressured for tips, but we did tip at each meal and at the bar because we appreciated the service. Watching the sunset over the lagoon at night while sipping champagne and eating chocolate cake was also a plus. The beach is beautiful and not crowded at all, and the beach lounge chairs were very comfy. The water is fairly shallow in front of the resort, but that makes it a lot easier to walk out into the waves and body surf if you are a fan of that. The infinity pool and pool bar were also a great place to hang out. We were also able to access free wifi even in our room (of good enough quality to stream Netflix!), although I have heard this can vary based on what part of the resort your room is in. We were on the fifth floor overlooking the ocean. If you are looking for a place to have a relaxing vacation with no kids running around, this is the place for you. Although it isn't close to the night-life downtown, you can take a short bus ride down the hotel zone strip. We really enjoyed the vacation, and we will likely stay at the Bel Air in the future.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Chelsea C
BELAIR_CANCUN291, Gerente at Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Cancun, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Dear Guest:

Please let me express my sincere thanks for sharing with us these generous comments about our work and our services, our goal is continuous improvement, and this is possible thanks to comments like yours. There's nothing like knowing that our clients had a great time during your stay with us. Thank you very much for your excellent comments on the facilities, food and attention of our staff. We will be waiting for your next visit.

Gerente General