We stayed at the Bel Air from March 16th to March 22th. In summary, I can say that it was great, but we missed what I call the 'WOW factor'. It's good, but it has the potential to be amazing. More in detail:
We reserved for 2 lagoon view rooms with balconies. When we arrived there, no balconies, so we went to the reception and they finally gave us 2 ocean view room with balconies. Without any extra charge, so that was pretty cool. The rooms were great.
Negative points: In one of the room though, the air conditioner wasn't working properly so we had to go to the reception twice to finally get it fixed. Second thing, the chairs on the patio; two dirty plastic chair, so not comfortable...
Positive: The view is totally incredible, Im glad we ended up with the ocean view. Second thing, the beds are wonderful and so comfy!
Nothing negative to say here. It was truly amazing ! The two restaurants were both excellent! Menu was great and everything we ordered was tasteful, delicious and really well presented. The salad bar was also really good, the soups there are to die for! :) That includes dinner AND lunch. We didn't try the snack bar around the pool for lunch, cause the 'a la carte' lunch is simply too good to miss, even if it takes some times. The sushi restaurant was surprisingly good, we tried 3 different kind of sushis and it was a success.
If I can give some hints for the food; always go to the restaurant and order some shrimps, they're amazing and there's a lot of variation (butter, garlic, prosciutto, almonds etc...)
The service in the restaurant was sometime really good, sometime super slow. Depending on who's your waiter. Fostino and Javier were the best ! Super friendly, great smile. But in any case, you're in vacation, relax and enjoy, especially because you have an amazing meal on the way...
The service in general was ok, we appreciated the room change, but the whole air conditioner thing was a bit painful. There is almost no service at the pool, no one offered us drinks or anything. When we arrived at the hotel, we didn't have any kind of welcome. The service at the bar was ok though, not too much waiting. The service at the reception was great too, they understood everything we wanted and did the necessary to help us.
Hotel in general:
This apply to Cancun in general, but the waves are crazy there! We were 5 persons and half of us enjoyed it, the others hated it. For me, it was simply too rough. I like to swim in the ocean, but the only option there is to watch carefully the next wave. I stayed at the pool.
I loved the fact that the bus was right in front of the hotel, for 1$ you can go anywhere in Cancun, it's amazing. It's a great way to discover the city and the nightlife and to go shopping.
The hotel itself is ok, but there's not enough flowers and vegetation for me. I found the lobby super empty and it's lacking comfortable seat. The hotel need a fresh white paint job as well. The seats around the pool are great thought, and the little beds are really nice!
I recommend taking the bus(1$) to get to the Isla Mujeres ferry (17$). From that point, you can enjoy a beautiful day on the island! A boat ride, some amazing shopping, small typical restaurants, and a calm ocean where you can swim and enjoy the sun. I don't recommend taking a tour for that, because you simply don't have enough time (1 hour only on Isla Mujeres). You can also rent a little golf cart there and visit the entire island. It's super great.
We also went to Xcaret, it's awesome, I totally don't regret paying 135$ for that, it's worth it. There are so many impressive things to see, and so many fun activities to do! And it's only at 37 minutes from the hotel.
So far, it was a good vacation, but really, it could have been so much better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Where body, mind and spirit become one. The Bel Air Collection Hotel & Spa enhances your meditation and serenity, where everything is dedicated to your wellness and to completely restoring your body, mind and spirit. The Bel Air Collection follows a hip and minimalist trend, for those who are looking for a relaxing and romantic experience. 10 Minutes from the airport and just 15 minutes from the commercial zone, restaurants and the exciting Cancun's nightlife. *Adults oriented. Children 12 years old and up are welcomed ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz and Priceline so you can book your Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Cancun Hotel Cancun
- Bel Air Collection Resort And Spa Cancun
- Bel Air Collection Hotel Cancun
- Bel Air Cancun
- Bel Air Collection Cancun