Myself and my partner selected this hotel for a holiday to celebrate her 21st birthday. After reading lots of varied reviews before we left we didn't know what to expect.
Upon arriving, we were pleasantly surprised by the hotel, it has magnificent views out to the beach and sea, the hotel itself looks great. The lobby area does however get very windy when you are in and around the bar area as its all open plan.
The reception staff were very friendly and helpful, especially Miguel and the concierge Brianda who helped us book some activities.
The restaurant is sometimes slow to be seated or served and not always open on time, couple of occasions we had to wait 20 minutes until they opened but all in all the food was great. Language barrier is occasionally an issue but generally we got what we asked for.
Pool bar in my opinion is what lets the place down, there is no drinks menu available and when you ask what drinks they do, sometimes you get a blank stare in response. One particular bar tender Called Mario was not very helpful or friendly, his attitude was rude and obnoxious towards us, he either doesn't appear to like his job or just expects to be tipped every time he poured us a drink.
The beach area is great with comfy beds and romantic 4 poster beach beds.
We booked a candle lit dinner on the beach on the evening of my girlfriends birthday which was fantastic, the food was amazing and service was great. We had earlier received a complimentary bottle of champagne and a cake in our room, and we then had a further 2 bottles with our dinner.
All in all, I would recommend the hotel to couples, there are always going to be things that people aren't happy with or have a negative experience of. The fact you have to wait after every meal to sign a receipt with your room number and name is something that could be changed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Where body, mind and spirit become one. The Bel Air Collection Hotel & Spa enhances your meditation and serenity, where everything is dedicated to your wellness and to completely restoring your body, mind and spirit. The Bel Air Collection follows a hip and minimalist trend, for those who are looking for a relaxing and romantic experience. 10 Minutes from the airport and just 15 minutes from the commercial zone, restaurants and the exciting Cancun's nightlife. *Adults oriented. Children 12 years old and up are welcomed ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Expedia, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Cancun Hotel Cancun
- Bel Air Collection Resort And Spa Cancun
- Bel Air Collection Hotel Cancun
- Bel Air Cancun
- Bel Air Collection Cancun