Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Cancun
$538
$249
$190
  • Pool
Le Blanc Spa Resort(Cancun)
$886
  • Pool
$150
$101
3,361 results
All reviewspool barlagoon viewsmall resorthotel stripbeach areamexican foodpool sidebeautiful beachalfredorecommend this resortocean frontspring breakvacationangelbenitojacuzzibartender
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 4, 2013

We came with reservation confirmation printed out for two rooms. They claimed to not have any record of our reservation. However, there was another party here at the exact same time with confirmation numbers that the hotel also did not their reservation. Instead of offering any accommodation, they made us call their booking agency in another part of the country. They had no communication with this company and made us wait on hold for 2 hours+. Once the reservation company confirmed the reservation, the hotel management still denied us a room and said it was the reservation company's responsibility and the hotel reservation company said it was the hotel's responsibility. Long story short, they did not give us a room nor did they organize any other accommodation. Avoid hours of hassle in vain; do not book at this miserable excuse for a hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank Ryan Z
BELAIR_CANCUN291, Gerente at Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2013

Dear Guest:

First of all receive my deepest apologies for not covering your expectations and for the problems that you had with reservations, but hopefully in the future give us the opportunity to change the bad image that you have of the hotel. We will be happy to receive it in Bel Air Cancun. If there is anything I can do please do not hesitate to contact me, I am at your service. direccion@thebelair.com.mx

Lic. Andrea Bosio

Reviewed January 2, 2013

Worst Customer Service! they still owe me my security deposit and every time I call they put me on hold or tell me "theyll call me back" now im stuck calling mexico and waiting for the hotel to put the money back on my card. everytime i call back asking for the person i spoke to before they are never in and i have to explain my situation to someone else and again wait for a callback

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Luis V
BELAIR_CANCUN291, Gerente at Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2013

Dear Guest:

Please accept my most sincere apologies and kindly contact me by email: direccion@thebelair.com.mx. I am confident that we can find the solution.

Lic. Andre Bosio
Genaral Manager

Reviewed January 2, 2013

Bottom Line: I wouldn’t stay here again. I’d pay the few hundred/night extra to be elsewhere. But if you don’t have a lot of money, the BelAir is acceptable as long as you keep a few things in mind (read below for details.)

For 5 days and 4 nights, my husband and I paid $800 – sans plane tickets. This included the hotel, all food & drink, a parasailing ride, and a submarine reef tour. Do NOT pay more than this. For just a little more, you can get a MUCH better hotel.

The Bel Air is not one of the stars of the strip. It is a budget place that rides the baseline: not dumpy, not fancy. One woman paid $3,000. Her travel agent said it was one of the most luxurious hotels. Either the agent had no idea what he/she was talking about or they lied. The woman in question walked in, burst into tears, and paid $90 per day extra to spend her time at another hotel on the strip.

Summary
Pros:
> Acceptable rooms
> Beautiful view
> Amazing infinity pool
> In-and-out of water restaurants and bars with fantastic food
> Pleasant wait staff
> Spa is incredibly relaxing and fairly priced

Cons:
> Beware of paying too much – this is not a luxury hotel by any stretch!!!
> Glass at the pool
> Untrained (to US standards) medical staff (see Glass at the pool)
> Elevators do not have sensors. Do not put your hands in them
> You must get restaurant wait staff attention yourself—they do not approach you first

The Hotel Room:
Small and unadorned, this room is functional at best and otherwise unimpressive. The floors are all tile and everything is decorated white on white. The shower is extremely small, but the “rain drop” style shower head was pleasant, and we never ran out of hot water. The hotel staff is attentive and keeps the room clean. In the evenings, you find little dessert treats on your table. We did not have any issues with thieves, but we did ensure all of our belongings were kept in the armoire, out of sight. We had no problems with the room.

The Spa:
Go get a massage. I get massages in the USA, but I wasn't sure how the quality of the spa would measure up. They did not disappoint. You won’t get a healing deep-tissue massage (that’s what I’m used to), but you may end up asleep and happy on the table after an hour.

The Restaurants:
Bel Air boasts three restaurants and two bars. One bar is in the main lobby as is the sushi restaurant. Just sit at one of the low tables in the lobby during restaurant hours, and you will (eventually, sometimes) be served. The Mexican/Italian fusion restaurant is downstairs by the pool. There is also supposed to be a third restaurant there, but after five days, we never found it. The final bar is inside the pool itself.

They do not have top shelf liquors available at the bars – not even by request. At best, they have Don Julio Blanco or Jose Cuervo Tradicional. A single choice of red or white wine is available at the restaurants as part of the all-inclusive package. Any other wine choices are extra and far overpriced, even for a hotel.

If you want to be served, you must work at grabbing the servers’ attention. They are working long hours and are often understaffed. This means that if you don’t go to them, they will not come to you—ever. They just don’t have the time to spare. Give yourself at least an extra half hour to eat, because both drinks and food are a long time coming.

The corollary to the slow service is that the food here is amazing. I tried something new every single meal, and not once was I disappointed. The sushi is trustworthy (and I have a weak stomach), the Mexican/Italian fusion is drool-worthy, and the servers are all incredibly nice. If you’re at the pool bar, get your drinks from Omar; he makes fantastic drinks in spite of the limited liquor availability.

The Pool:
WEAR SHOES! THERE IS GLASS AT/IN THE POOL!

I sliced my foot wide open on the first day, and their medics are poorly trained. A doctor from Boston just happened to be on vacation and saved my day. He dug the glass out of my foot and dressed the wound. The hotel medic put gloves on and stared at his hands as though he had no idea what they were for, and rooted around in the first aid box looking at things as if he’d never seen them. That was terrifying. I’m not sure what would have happened if a real doctor had not been there. The medical kit didn't even have peroxide or bandages. The doctor had to clean my foot with chlorinated pool water, because that's the best he had.

You must remember when in Mexico that you are responsible for your own safety – in an out of the hotel. In five days, I got my foot cut open, a man died on the pier (not related to the hotel—don't worry), and a little girl had heat stroke (also not related to the hotel), and not one Mexican paramedic seemed to know what to do about it. It was upsetting and disturbing to see a mourning family collapse weeping around a sheet-covered body. Cancun looks like a first-world place, and technically it is, but treat it like you’re in the wilderness. Keep your wits and don’t take risks. Wear your shoes, and don’t assume someone else is ever looking out for your safety. They aren’t.

Otherwise, the pool is quite pretty. Wear your shoes IN the pool. Seriously. Glass.

Olympus Tour Package Extras:
I was not able to take advantage of the para-sailing voucher, since the weather didn't cooperate. I’m glad that the company was legitimate enough to deny entry on days it would be dangerous. A less reputable place may not have had your safety in mind.

The Sub See (submarine ride to the coral reef) is fantastic. I got pictures of massive reefs, schools of fish, barracuda, and huge sea turtles. I’d do it again, and you should definitely look into it.

Room Tip: > Jacuzzi rooms do not have balconies, and there is no access to your window without crawling through the Jacuzzi itself > Suites aren't actually suites. It’s a room with a Jacuzzi in front of the window > Bay-side rooms sound like loud traffic, not the ocean. Get an ocean-side room.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
10  Thank Heidi S

Dear Guest:

First and foremost I would like to thank you for visiting Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Cancun. Please accept my sincere apologies for not covering your expectations.
I would also like to say that our main goal is the continuous improvement; and it is thanks to comments like yours that we can make it possible.
I hope that you can give us the opportunity to demonstrate you in the near future.

Lic. Andre Bosio
Genaral Manager

Reviewed December 31, 2012

We've just returned from a 1-night stay at Bel Air and are struggling to comprehend the "4-star rating" that others have accorded it. Beginning with our arrival and the "grand staircase" up which we were meant to haul our bags (we couldn't find a porter, even though it was 4:00 p.m.) and ending with a checkout process that assumed we'd helped ourselves to the minibar (we hadn't), we had an experience that was more akin to a two-bit hotel in a one-horse town than to a "resort/spa" in a heavily populated tourist area. We had a better experience with our $45 lodging in Tulum (a treehouse in the barrio with an outdoor toilet). When we got there, it took us nearly 30 minutes to find our room, and no one offered to direct us. The numbering makes no sense. For example, room 6*** is NOT on the sixth floor; it is on the second floor. And woe be unto you if you are not a "party person." The outdoor lobby courtyard is loud, loud, LOUD, with thumping music blaring constantly and people shouting at all hours. Because the hotel is all hard surfaces (plastic, marble, glass, and metal), that sound echos throughout the property. The building itself has seen better days. The whitewash is badly in need of refreshing; the furniture is dated and worn. The elevator doors close before you've had a chance to get your bag out. It closed shut on mine, which was half in, half out, and then sent my companion down to the basement. We couldn't open the door again, and we're strong, capable people. I'd hate to think of it closing on someone with limited abilities. Our room on the second floor was spacious, but it smelled awful... like raw sewage. We had to close the bathroom door and open the window (allowing in the cigarette smoke from the parking lot below). Garish neon lights outside our window rounded out the picture. All that said, the pillows and water pressure were great, as were the staff at breakfast in the restaurant. But if you have over $200/night to spend and want a pleasant experience, consider passing Bel Air by.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank StickbugNC

Dear Guest :

I regret that we do not meet your expectations during his time in Bel Air, please accept my apologies for any inconvenience you mentioned in your valuable comments. I assure you that nothing is more important to us as comfort and satisfaction of each person who gives us the honor of being our guest, it’s a shame you feel disappointed with the quality of service. I hope you will give us the opportunity to receive you again in the future in order to provide you with the best personalized service and make your vacation in Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa a truly luxurious experience.

Lic . Andrea Bosio

Reviewed December 26, 2012

My husband and I purchased a trip to this hotel off of the sniqueaway website which apparently is suppose to only recommend hotels with tripadvisor ratings of 4 stars or more. How this place has a 4 star rating from guests is beyond me! Someone knows someone on the inside. We arrived to the Belair only to lug our own luggage up a large staircase to what we thought must have been the back entrance. Looking around we realized we were in the lobby which was nothing more than a hallway, a couple of tables and a man with a laptop to check you in. The other table held an unopened bottle of champagne on ice, I believe it was for appearance because after we checked in we were handed a half glass of orange juice in a champagne glass.
The decor is a few random pieces of tin foil on the wall. Musty is an understatement. Luckily, since we were on our honeymoon we got an ocean view room. However if we wanted to enjoy that view from our balcony we risked getting rust on whatever we were wearing. The a/c was loud and didn't always work. Internet worked when it wanted to.
I have stayed at many 3 and 4 star all-inclusive resorts and this was not all-inclusive and it is not 3 stars. Certain hours of the day there are no restaurants open and room service is not included at all! When we did order room service, we ordered several items that the kitchen didn't even know was on the menu and we had to pick something else (an example, Cheese quesidilla was on the menu, easiest thing in the world to make, but for some reason we could not have one). The food we did have didn't make us sick but there was not much to choose from at all from the italian/mexican themed restaurant and the hallway sushi bar. The site said that premium alcohol was included but the bar shelves were bare, There were no drink menus because they were making up drinks as they went along with what was left on the shelves... tons of grenadine! The music by the pool was a from a boombox. The ocean was beautiful but if you looked to the right you were looking at the side of an even older worn down large building. The people that work there are nice and all but not very friendly, I think they are bored and unhappy with the lack of business.
Do not stay here. Even if you are looking for a bargain, you can find so much more for the same price, I have many times. They offered us two free nights to come back and there is no way they will ever see us back at that hotel!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
14  Thank Olivia S
EliasBelAirCancun, Gerente at Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2012

Kind Regards