Oasis Palm
  • Beachfront
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
3,098 results
All reviewsthe cantinacaptain hookpirate shipferry to isla mujerestacoentertainment stafffamily vacationan ocean view rooma lot of funthe wait staffgreat vacationour waitervictorshowsdoswaitersblast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 18, 2014

The Good : The beach and water were absolutely beautiful as well as the palm trees, loved waking up to it every morning.
The Tequila lounge had the nicest bartenders and best drinks in the entire resort, must go there!

The bad: Smallest elevator ever, people were not exaggerating when I read the reviews. We were on the 7th floor and after being missed 3 times because either no room or the elevator would not stop, we would walk up or down the stairs ( as MANY other people do) GOOD luck trying to get your bags down on departure day!!
The food, my friend and I were sick the entire trip everything went right through us, we mostly ate at the buffets because you have to wake up at 8 am and line up to make a reservation for the ala carte places.
The booze is VERY watered down and the cups are extremely small.. I saw many people bring their own plastic cup and made a mental note for next time.
The water in our shower was brown somedays, really gross have no idea why..
Lack of pool space / pool chairs we went march.2-9 so maybe it was the time of year was really busy but good luck getting a spot around the pool!!!
The swim up bar was the smallest thing I have ever seen.
Even when you tip at this resort no bartender came to bring us drinks the days we did get a spot by the pool. So stopped tipping..
Wifi is expensive!! $30 for a week I believe?
The Rooms smell like musty old towels..
Our beds were attached together by the head board, no privacy.. we couldn't even move them apart, luckily we had no company .
This was my first time going to mexico and I had a terrible experience, makes me think all hotels will be like this. PLEASE book somewhere else!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Brittlyn L
Atención C, RP at Oasis Palm, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2014

Dear Guest,

We appreciate the time you took to share your comments with us. We sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you encountered during your stay. In regards to brown water in your room we will pass this information on to our Housekeeping department so that they can mend this situation. Is important to highlight that once they are cleaned, rooms are checked by supervisors to make sure they meet our high standards. All your comments are very important to us as they help us to improve and deliver a better service in the future.
We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you once again and improve the services we offer.

Best regards

Reviewed July 15, 2014

My husband, myself, my son (19) and my daughter (10) went on this vacation. The rooms are extremely small. They are very stingy with their towels and bottled water. There was 4 of us in the room and they only gave us 2 waters a day and I had to ask for 4 towels. Really did they think we were going to share. The food was okay. We all got sick at least once. They were supposed to have karaoke in the disco on three of the nights we were there, it was broken 2 of the 3 nights. As for the bar tenders they were very unfriendly, even to the people that tipped them. I had to wait on line in the morning at 8 a.m. to make reservations for the 2 restaurants on site. After waiting on the line at 8 a.m. for 1/2 hour when I got to the front of the line the concierge told me that I had to come back at 9 because they had to wait and see if the other hotel was going to fill the restaurant. I thought she was kidding but she wasn't RIDICULOUS!!! I said I would not be back. I will NEVER NEVER NEVER go back to this hotel again. This if my family's 4th time to Cancun and this was the worst hotel. We should have gone elsewhere, because all of the packages were basically the same price as this one we really saved no money here.

Room Tip: No room would be good.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank RubyNJ51264
Atención C, RP at Oasis Palm, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2014

Dear Ruby,

First and foremost we would like to thank you for choosing us as hosts of your stay here in Cancun. We greatly appreciate your comments and will take these into account when making adjustments to our resort. We apologize for the inconveniences that you found during your stay, In regards to the washcloths in your room we will pass this information on to our Housekeeping department so that they can mend this situation. Once they are cleaned, rooms are checked by supervisors to make sure they meet our standards.
We hope to have the privilege of welcoming you back in the future and improve your experience with us.

Best Regards.

Reviewed July 10, 2014

Cancun is gorgeous. This property has outstanding beach and tons of things to do. The "all inclusive" is a bit misleading as you have to pay for wifi, safe locks, etc. Our room was on the top floor and had a gorgeous view. The only problem for a "master suite" was that there were two double beds together (which we separated) and a lack of privacy, if you know what I mean. The bathroom is very small and smells damp.
The food is included in some of the restaurants, but there is a dress code. Who knew? My son was a bit bugged- as he didn't have any "sleeves" or "formal attire" and so we couldn't try other locations for food.
The food is authentic. It was never really cold (warm yogurt- not the best) and never really hot (lukewarm eggs, not a fan). This was the case for both buffets (Xtabentun and Dos Lunas). The workers are amazing to remember your name and how many people are in your party, but they do not wear gloves or hair nets. As a super freaky clean person, that was a bit of a turn off. I will never eat at a buffet again after this week!
They do serve the ENTIRE fish, eyes, bones and all, when you order it at La Bamba. Beware that you will get the entire octopus, brains and all as well as baby shark, etc. The salad has tiny fish (entire fish) in it as well. We left in a hurry and opted for the snack bar, Isla Mujeres. Thank heaven for that snack bar! Cheeseburgers and hot dogs with delicious pina coladas made our eating less traumatic.
The pool was delightful and the animals they have around and take your kids' pictures with are amazing. My daughter loved it. The only downside was the STEEP price for the photos. It was nice that the quality was so high.
We went parasailing of the beach and it was delightful. Worth every penny.
The Captain Hook adventure was fun. Beware though of the HIDDEN FEES. There is a $12/pp "dock fee" whatever the heck that is . . . The Captain was great. The show went a little long and the food was average.
I hated that the closed the beautiful pool at 8 p.m. That sucked.

Room Tip: If you want a balcony and windows that open, choose a ground floor. If you want a view, opt for a higher floor. Just know there are no balconies and most windows don't open.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
6  Thank Lisa M
Atención C, RP at Oasis Palm, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2014

Dear Guest:

Thank you for choosing Oasis Palm as the host of your stay in Cancun and for taking the time to give your thoughts on your stay with us, letting us know the inconveniences you had help us improve the service and deliver better experiences to our guest. We are sorry to hear that the food did not meet your expectations even do the service of our team was good; we offer several specialist restaurants as well as 2 buffet restaurants which aim to cater to all tastes. In regards to the musty smell in your room we will pass this information on to our Housekeeping department, so that they can mend this situation. Once they are cleaned, rooms are checked by supervisors to make sure they meet our high standards. We’re glad to read that your daughter enjoyed the animals at the hotel and that you all enjoy the Pirate show.
We really hope to have the privilege of welcoming you back in the future and improve your experience with us.

Kind regards

Reviewed July 9, 2014

Let me begin by saying we knew this was a deal. They advertise 5 restaurants to choose from. WRONG. You can only eat at 3. Two are buffet and one is a tiny outside "seafood" place. I expected to at least get good seafood. And was looking forward to the ceviche. It was the worst I've ever had. The 2 nicer restaurants we weren't allowed to eat unless we paid a fee. The buffet was what I expected. Mediocre at best and pretty much the same every day. The poolside bar and burger place only cooked a small amount at a time and there was always a line. The burgers were pretty good and I was loving the cheese fries except they wouldn't give you much cheese and only a few fries each time.
The worse part was that my only consolation was having an open bar included. NOPE... The alcohol was clearly watered down. I have no idea how anyone could come close to getting a buzz. I switched to beer and cheap wine.
On the upside the staff was very pleasant. Abel Hernandez, Alberto, Luis, Manuel delaCruz. Oksana .and many more were awesome. They were friendly, and welcoming. I didn't blame them at all for the hotel's policies or lack of better food or drinks.
As for the Accommodations....The hotel is a little old, there is no air anywhere except your room. I read the reviews and asked for the first floor. With the help of a tip we got one with an actual balcony. Unheard of here. The room was clean and comfortable. Bathroom is VEry Small.
The beach and pool could use a little more care when cleaning up but all in all was very nice. I loved the calm, shallow water. It was about waist deep and perfect for cooling off or just floating on a raft. we took ours with us. It does have a volley ball net and the staff were great with games and entertainment.
Lots of kids. so perfect for families. My girls were too old for the kids club but it looked really nice.
There is a sister hotel close by, next door, but of course you couldn't eat there. They did have karaoke and entertainment you could attend on the beach at night.
As I said , you get what you pay for. We knew going in it wasn't 4 star, but the bait and switch with the restaurants and watery drinks were a huge let down. It made me sorry we paid for All Inclusive. I definitely won't stay there again.

Room Tip: 1st floor. Ask for a balcony and tip the clerk. There are no balconies in the regular rooms so no point in having to take the hot elevator.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Dana B
Atención C, RP at Oasis Palm, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2014

Dear Guest:

Thank you for sharing your comments with us regarding your stay at our resort. We offer our sincere apologies that your time spent with us did not meet all your expectations. We would like to inform you that all your comments and opinions are considered in order to improve our service. It is important to highlight that every time you have a setback at the hotel you can contact our customer service staff to notify them so they can correct the situation. On the other hand we appreciate your nice comments about our team; we will of course congratulate our members of the staff that you mentioned for their outstanding service and for make your stay with us better. We wanted to let you know that there is a difference between both of our categories providing guests with different options and our guests can upgrade to the "Grand" option anytime they like whether for several days or for just one special meal.
We hope you give us the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future, if there is anything you need please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best regards

Reviewed July 6, 2014

Food is terrible. we was in mexico they didnt even have mexican food. not all inclusive like they say. ive been to a few places and this is the worse. they speak no english at all. only good thing was my wedding.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Domika P
Atención C, RP at Oasis Palm, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2014

Dear Domika:

We want to congratulate you about your wedding and let you know that we appreciate your comments and that we are truly sorry we were not able to meet your expectations. We try to do our best to satisfy all of our guests by providing a wide variety of services and restaurants, 3 of which actually serve true Mexican food, We hope to have the honor of welcoming you back in the near future and improve your Oasis experience.

Kind Regards.