All reviews free breakfast and dinner the ado bus terminal super close fully equipped kitchen felt like home location is great visit cancun hammocks dorm backpackers yucatan mauricio sheets
Selected filters
Reviewed November 14, 2017 via mobile

It's a good place for backpackers since the people there are very nice. They offer free breakfast and also dinner so that everyone can meet. However, we were leaving at 3 in the morning to catch our bus to the airport and the party went on till 4 which was very frustrating to say the least. Also the mattresses were a little too hard. They do offer AC which helps a lot.

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed November 6, 2017

My hopes of finding a nice hostel to feel comfy in Cancun were very low. Walking into the Orquideas Hostel, everything changed :) The place is characterized by the beautiful street art and the openness. Not only of the buidling with the backyard, but especially of the staff. They try help whereever it is needed - planning a trip, booking a transfer or recommending nice local places to eat. I like the simplicity, the cleanliness and the fresh food - and all this for a cheap price. Also, meeting people just happens naturally during the shared dinner every night. Go and see :)

Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed October 22, 2017 via mobile

Great place to stay! Very good vibe and amazing treatment for people!! Hermes let us pot our staff for 4 days without paying, when we arrived after 4 days he let ua use the showers. Great recommendations for activities.!!

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 21, 2017

This hostel was the second of two I stayed at while waiting a week for air connections back to the US after hurricane Irma. I liked this establishment. We had a 24-hour air-conditioned room with inside toilet, sink and (working) shower. There was a big outdoor area off the rooms as a community hang-out with tables and chairs. People from a variety of countries assembled there. Most spoke English. There was an available kitchen with ample refrigeration if you decided to store food. One of the best Hostel breakfasts I've experienced cooked and served to you. We could eat breakfast at the kitchen tables or in the community area.

Excellent location in downtown Cancun near restaurants and several parks. Price was highly reasonable and management was friendly and helped you have a good time.

If I return to Cancun, I would stay here if a room was available. Only six rooms here so it is best to reserve first.

Room tip: This is a hostel with multi-person rooms and two 2 or three-person rooms.
Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed August 29, 2017 via mobile

I chose this hostel by accident and that was a good choice. Stayed in total 4 nights there. The location is nice. A 10min walk yo the ADO bus terminal. A 7 min walk to the supermarket.

The rooms and bathrooms are clean. The common area is really nice with a bunch of hammocks.

The hostel offers free breakfast and dinner. I even got breakfast when I checked in after 10am. Sometimes they organize movie nights.

The wifi is pretty good and the kitchen is decent.

The best thing about the hostel is probably the manager, Hermes. He treats you like a friend. He knows a lot about the area, so don't hesitate to ask him and get some recommendations. He makes you feel like home. We had a really cool time in Orquideas with Hermes and his friends, who joined sometimes for dinner.

I really recommend staying there. Thanks guys!

Date of stay: August 2017