“Authentic and exceptional Peruvian food”

Lima 12 05 Peruvian Cuisine & Steak House
Ranked #82 of 1,036 Restaurants in Cancun
Cuisines: Peruvian
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The greatest wealth that Latin America contributed to the world was not gold, but it's food. Not just its cuisine, but more importantly, the ingredients! Many of the emblematic European dishes we commonly know and love would not exist without the ingredients cultivated in Latin America and mainly, Peru. With a spectacular view of the Nichupte Lagoon and located in the heart of Cancun's famed hotel zone, Lima 12 05 Peruvian Cuisine and Steakhouse is the first 100% Peruvian restaurant in all of Southern Mexico.
Reviewed March 9, 2014

We visited this restaurant upon arrival to Cancun and were so impressed that we came back again later in the week. Our selections were exclusively seafood based, did not try any of the meat based dishes. We had both the causa de camaron and cangrejo. The presentation was beautiful and the taste light and with perfect balance. We tasted both Ceviche Lima and de pescado and were both delicious, fresh and of the same quality as a top restaurant in Peru, I wish they had access to the big kernel corn to complete the presentation. Arroz con mariscos, tacu tacu de mariscos and cau cau de mariscos were wonderful. I am a Peruvian living in Boston and I have not found this quality of Peruvian food in the northeastern US. Armando the captain, our waiter Edmundo and Chef Karlo were gracious and made us feel at home. Also the owner, came by to greet us. I highly recommend Lima 12 05.

Reviewed March 6, 2014

I like raw fish as I am a daughter of a Japanese family. The seafood was very fresh and the ceviche was very nice. Price and service very good.

Reviewed March 5, 2014

This was walking distance from our hotel and we cancelled a reservation at one of the highly regarded downtown restaurants to come here. Not a mistake. Staff was friendly, food was great. Lost half of my mussels appetizer because the three teens at dinner with me thought it looked so great that they needed to try it. Various people tried a fish dish, different steak dishes and a rice dish, all wanted to come back again before we left.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Great food, nice ambiance, stellar service.
This restaurant is a gem. It has only been open for three months so they are still trying to get the word out there.The chef is Peruvian and the food is authentic and very good. The restaurant's decor is pleasing and they have a great view.
If you're looking for something other than Mexican fare in Cancun this restaurant is worth checking out.

1  Thank suz103
Reviewed March 3, 2014

Have to admit we don't know much about Peruvian food but I do know good food and this fits that description. The entire meal for four of us was a new experience and we were not disappointed. We all tried something different and loved sharing the new cuisine. Even my husband , who's not so adventurous when it comes to food, found a delicious meal and finished his entire plate.
The service was wonderful and the manager made a point of visiting our table and even offered us a free drink. Ambiance on the lagoon makes for a perfect view.
What do we do now? Back we're we live there are no Peruvian restaurants so now we have to wait another year. Seems unfair !!
Thanks for a fun night !!