“Arroz con Mariscos better than LIMA!!!”

Lima 12 05 Peruvian Cuisine & Steak House
Ranked #119 of 1,079 Restaurants in Cancun
Cuisines: Peruvian
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The greatest wealth that Latin America contributed to the world was not gold, but it's food. Not just its cuisine, but more importantly, the ingredients! Many of the emblematic European dishes we commonly know and love would not exist without the ingredients cultivated in Latin America and mainly, Peru. With a spectacular view of the Nichupte Lagoon and located in the heart of Cancun's famed hotel zone, Lima 12 05 Peruvian Cuisine and Steakhouse is the first 100% Peruvian restaurant in all of Southern Mexico.
Reviewed February 24, 2014

I had the pleasure stumbling upon this fabulous restaurant last time I was in Cancun, MX. Not only was the wait staff knowledgeable and friendly the food was AMAZING!! Being half Peruvian I have had my share of GREAT Peruvian Cuisine and this little gem competes with the best of them. The arroz con mariscos and lomo saltado were FABULOUS andI'm actually starting to salivate as i'm writing this. lol If the food and staff wasn't reason enough to return, this restaurant is situated on the top floor of the building which overlooks the hotel zone, ocean, laguna and downtown. I will DEFINITELY returning!!

1  Thank acrawfurd

Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

We come to Cancun twice a year for a total of 3-4 weeks and have often despaired at finding a really good, reasonably priced restaurant in the Hotel Zone. No more. Lima 12/05 opened less than 4 months ago and it already has an enthusiastic following. After one dinner there we can understand why. The room is nicely done with stone and warm woods and there is a patio if you want to sit outside overlooking the lagoon. Instead of the usual bread basket, we got a bowl of warm roasted corn kernels and a paper cone of assorted vegetable chips with two dipping sauces. Our waiter, Pablo, then answered our questions about specific dishes but the menu is very descriptive in both Spanish and English so you will know exactly what you're ordering. We shared the ceviche Lima, which was fresh and delicious. My wife had the chicken with fried rice - a composed circle of seasoned rice and large chunks of chicken. There was enough for her to bring some back for lunch the next day. I had fettuccine in a light cream sauce topped with whole shrimp and a small tenderloin. Both dishes were remarkably flavorful because the chefs are not shy with the seasoning. It wasn't spicy hot - just intense and good. The biggest surprise was the blue corn ice cream we shared for dessert! Be adventurous and order it if you go - you won't be disappointed. We have traveled in Peru twice in the past several years and we both agreed that this dinner was better than any we ever had there. The manager, Armando, was genuinely interested in how we enjoyed our meal and proud of how highly ranked Lima 12/05 already is on Trip Advisor. With a bill of only $80 that also included two glasses of a nice Pinot Grigio, I predict it will continue to flourish. I look forward to our next visit!

Reviewed February 23, 2014

My husband & I decided to try this place b/c of the reviews on trip advisor and we were not disappointed. My family is from Peru so I sometimes get nervous going to Peruvian restaurants. The restaurant itself is very nice and we sat outside. The service was friendly & attentive. We started with some parmesan scallops - which were really big & tasty. My husband had mariscos con arroz (seafood with rice) - which was good, a little spicy and a lot of rice. A little twist from the classic peruvian dish. I had seafood cau cau -which is also a twist on another peruvian dish, but this one I really liked. It had very nice subtle flavors. We did have dessert. they were ok - arroz con leche/rice pudding & pecan pie...they are really small. Oh & my husband had a great pisco sour. Overall we really enjoyed our meal.

Reviewed February 22, 2014

The Restaurant is very clean, very nicely decorated and has great views of the Lagoon. It has valet parking, an elevator to its third floor location, and a great view of the Lagoon. It is located nearly directly across from the Fire Station and is a bit hard to see from the road. The service was excellent, the presentation very well done and they had a nice variety of dishes. However, they were all quite spicy from the beef dishes, to the fish dishes and even the spaghetti was almost too spicy to eat. Peruvian food reminded our group of Indian curry dishes, so if you are not into spicy dishes, this place may not be a great choice and you may leave disappointed. We enjoyed trying it and it certainly is one of the nicer restaurants for a reasonable price in the hotel zone. If you like a little zip in your food, you will probably love this place.

Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

This restaurant is very overrated. It was ok. I wouldn't go back.

The servers were pleasant, the food not so much. My wife didn't finish even half of her dish.

I went here because of the positive reviews. I wish other reviewers more more discerning.

2  Thank msbutcher
Eugeniolima1205, Manager at Lima 12 05 Peruvian Cuisine & Steak House, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2014

Dear msbutcher,

Thank you for taking the time to review our restaurant. We are very sorry that you did not have a pleasant culinary with experience. We hope you do change your mind and come back to our restaurant in order to give us a chance to change your opinion about our food. Peruvian food is one of the most popular and talked about cuisines on the culinary map right now and we would welcome the opportunity to redeem ourselves. Having said that, if you are able to join us again, please come back and I (Armando) will be more than happy to personally serve you!