“Very good dining experience!”

Lima 12 05 Peruvian Cuisine & Steak House
Ranked #122 of 1,110 Restaurants in Cancun
Cuisines: Peruvian
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The greatest wealth that Latin America contributed to the world was not gold, but it's food. Not just its cuisine, but more importantly, the ingredients! Many of the emblematic European dishes we commonly know and love would not exist without the ingredients cultivated in Latin America and mainly, Peru. With a spectacular view of the Nichupte Lagoon and located in the heart of Cancun's famed hotel zone, Lima 12 05 Peruvian Cuisine and Steakhouse is the first 100% Peruvian restaurant in all of Southern Mexico.
Reviewed January 29, 2014

Being quite the foodie I always have high expectations. Lima did not disappoint. Lovely hostess greeted and sat us with a warm welcoming demeanor. Our server, Josea, was friendly and attentive. The trio of ceviches was outstanding! Wonderful flavors! Couldn't decide which one we liked best. My seafood tacu tacu was true Peruvian with warm cumin seasoning. Calamari slightly overlooked which is why I didn't give it 5 stars. My spouse loved his rice with seafood! Presenting quartet of small dessert cups was an excellent way to encourage patrons to try them. My hubbie love the "rice pudding", the milky pudding was to die for, brownie cup a little to sweet for this chocolate lover, "maple nut" cup yummy. 5 cocktails and under $100. Highly recommend!

Reviewed January 21, 2014

I took my whole family to Lima last night and had a great meal. Ceviche was excellent as was the steak. Sammy was our waiter and was very attentive. Armando was our capitan and checked on us personally to see how everything was. We will be coming back when we visit Cancun again.

Reviewed January 17, 2014

I was hesitant to go to a Peruvian restaurant in Mexico.. I've traveled in Peru and eaten at some very fine restaurants there, and this was on the top shelf of my Peruvian food experiences!

Four of us ordered dishes; 2 were first-timers to Peruvian food, 1 was Peruvian native. We each thoroughly enjoyed our dishes. We all ordered seafood dishes - fresh, deliciously spiced with authentic tastes, delightfully presented. The dessert sampler appeared "small" but was so rich, it was perfect.

Service was exceptional, even by Cancun standards.

1  Thank Sherr M
Reviewed January 16, 2014

The food here was excellent. In 9 days in Cancun where we didn't eat at resorts this was the best meal we had by far. The service was attentive but not annoying; the owner was present and gracious; and even the coffee was excellent.

My wife has been to Peru a few times and is quite familiar with Peruvian food. She gives it high marks for authenticity (not surprising since the owner/chef is from Peru).

Enjoy!

Reviewed January 15, 2014

Food was very, excellent tartare and carpacio. The staff was very helpful, clear explanations on the menu. Young took margaritas which seemed excellent.