“Good stay in Cancun”

GreenLeadersGold level
Elkhart, Indiana
“Good stay in Cancun”
Reviewed February 9, 2014

we stayed here first week in Feb. Had a great stay comfortable beds pillows. Very clean rooms cleaned daily.We ate breakfast here having buffett which was good but pricey. Front desk people were very helpful and pleasent. Beach is problem here as you must go down wet slippery steps to get into sea we walked next door and used their beach. Lots of chairs available on beach and around pool. Pool is great kpt very clean.Good price for this stay. Hotel is quiet and ina good location to walk to restaurants and shopping.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Aspargus
Roberto I, Gerente at Fiesta Americana Villas Cancun, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
I am really glad to know that you spent a good staying at our facilities. I will be reviewing altogether our Housekeeping Manager the alternatives to improve the cleaning of the steps.

We look forward to having the opportunity of serving you, during your next visit to the beautiful beaches of Cancun, if there is anything else that we could do for you, please let us know.

Fiesta Americana Villas Cancun

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
Long Beach, California
Reviewed February 4, 2014

This a very nice hotel. The room was very clean and spacious. We had a great view of the Caribbean, looking down the Zona Hotel toward the mainland. The lobby is nice: nothing special. The staff was exceptional. They were very friendly and helpful anytime we had a question or request. Our housekeeper was excellent, though we never saw her. She maintained our room perfectly. The pool on the property was well maintained. They don't have their own beach, at least not one that runs right into the ocean. Instead they have a small sand area that's separated from the ocean by a seawall. Nice, but not like the beaches on the adjacent property. The one weak spot was the restaurant. There is only one on the property, and it is outside on next to the pool. We only had the breakfast buffet which was mediocre as far as buffets go. I am glad we did not pay the all-inclusive price, and be tied in to the food there. We instead enjoy discovering new places to eat each day; all successes with one exception for breakfast. The hotel is very well situated: just a few hundred meters from the 'downtown' area, and 5-10 minute bus ride from old town. I'd stay here again.

Room Tip: Get a room toward the ends of either wing for an ocean view. Otherwise you'll be looking over t...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
I am truly sorry to know that our buffet breakfast did not fulfill your expectations, please accept my most sincere apologies. I assure you that our Executive Chef will be making the needed changes in order to improve it.

I look forward to having the opportunity of serving you, during your next visit to the beautiful beaches of Cancun, if there is anything else that we could do for you, please let us know.

Fiesta Americana Villas Cancún
Saint Cloud, Minnesota
Reviewed February 3, 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our 4 week Jan 2014 stay at Fiesta Americana Villas Cancun. The property is beautiful and the location at the top of the 7 is superb. Although there was beach erosion at surrounding resorts, the sea wall allowed Fiesta's beach to remain intact with plenty of shady palapas and sunny spots to enjoy the beach. Protected by Isla Mujeres, the waves never got out of hand and there was a section where the slope was great for wading and another section that got deeper faster for swimming. This is a perfect resort for families.
Our room was cleaned daily by Antonia, who remembered us from last year.
We like to sample many restaurants in the area, but Fiesta's La Palapa is one of our favorites. You can't beat the ocean front view from an open air restaurant right in the beach.
The staff of the resort are wonderful, from Angelica who answered all of our questions, to Macrino, Miguel, and Sylvia who waited on us in the restaurant and on the beach.
We have come here for the last nine years and intend to continue to vacation here.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank David R
I am really glad to know that you spent a wonderful time in our facilities. Also, it has been a pleasure for me to share your congratulatory words with Antonia, Angelica, Macrino, Miguel and Silvia, I am certain this motivates all of us to keep searching for excellence.

We look forward to having the opportunity of serving you again, if there is anything else that we could do for you, please let us know.

Nashville TN
Reviewed February 2, 2014

My wife and I stayed here for a few days last month. The room was nice but the view was terrible, especially for what was supposed to be ocean view. I guess technically you could see the ocean if you looked past the scaffolds and hanging from the wall light fixtures. Also, I booked a king sized bed and was told that we had to take double beds or pay $60 more per night.

The room itself was pretty nice. Internet was unreliable and very slow but complimentary.

The pool area was very nice and the grounds well maintained like what you would expect. The staff was very friendly. The hotel is a short walk to restaurants, bars and clubs. The buses run right outside so transportation is easy.

The beach is nice but very, very small. I did like very much the fact that the beach chairs were free and could be moved. The wait staff was attentive but the drink prices were outrageous even for a resort and seemed to be alcohol free.

Regarding the setting; keep in mind the location of the establishment - you are NOT looking at the open ocean; you are in a bay. I should have realized this when I booked and I would have opted for another hotel further around the corner.

The only restaurant is accessible only by going outside and is by the beach. Nice view but very, very slow service. Fairly friendly; very average food and again unbelievably high priced for what you get.

The hotel room was reasonably priced but I think I'll spend a dollar or two more next time and go with a better location with a larger beach. NOTE - the hotels to the right and left had much larger beaches and seemed to have a lot more guest activities.

Room Tip: Make sure you get an accurate picture of the room you book.
3 Thank Kmagg
I am truly sorry to hear that our F&B service did not fulfill your expectations, please accept my most sincere apologies. I assure you that we will be making the needed changes in order to improve the efficiency in our service.

East Quogue, New York
Reviewed January 31, 2014 via mobile

We stayed in February of 2013. The staff is very good and friendly. The place feels more like a ghost town than a resort. The beach stinks but the water is calm. The hotel is not nearly as nice as any of the nearby hotels, but is clean and up kept. There is only one restaurant on site and it's mediocre at best. Our fridge stopped working on two occasions but was fixed when we called the front desk. Unfortunately we had to throw away some food. The hotel is in a great location and close to the main part of the cancun strip. I would not return here.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Da84bennett1
I am truly sorry to know about the incident with the fridge, please accept my most sincere apologies. Although we have a preventive maintenance program for our equipment and facilities, sometimes we have unexpected issues as you mentioned.

I hope you will provide us with the opportunity of serving you as you deserve during your next visit, if there is anything else that we could do for you, please let us know.

Fiesta Americana Villas Cancún
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed January 29, 2014

From arrival in the taxi, the service was excellent. Our luggage (and groceries!) we're hurried away before we even checked in, which was very speedy. Granted, the hotel was by no means at full capacity. Never heard a word about any time-share sales pitch. There is a gym and small store.

We booked the Jr Suite which is described as Ocean View on Orbitz.com, but we arrived at a ground floor room with only partial pool view. The front desk moved us to the fourth floor when I asked for a better view, but which was still only Pool View/partial Ocean View. The room was gorgeous and clean. The kitchen was very usable, there was a giant flat screen tv (which of course we never turned on), and a large tub with a clear shower door, obviously geared to romance. Not one but two hidden air conditioners keep the room cold, with two thermostats for separate temps for the bedroom and living room - nice touch. The fold out sofa-bed was pleasant to lounge/nap on, but awkward to sit on as a couch, because it kept sliding out into the bed position. The balcony attached to the bedroom is standing room only. The balcony off the living room was just big enough for two small, plastic chairs but adequate for watching the setting sun. The maid cleaned the room like we were the King and Queen, even tidied and folded our clothes! The sink trap in the kitchen fell off and someone came with ten minutes to fix it.

The beach is very small, and a portion of it quite rocky. But the water is deep enough for a challenging swim. The beach at the monstrous hotel next door, the RIU Palace, was relatively packed and in shadow for a good portion of the afternoon, so +1 Villas, especially if you are a sun worshiper. Unfortunately I found the cabana music loud and there's no escaping it as the beach is just a few feet from the massage, pool and restaurant.

Breakfast we cooked ourselves, and we ate out in the club area each night, just a ten minute walk from the hotel. The one time we did try the restaurant, the food was excellent, I had the fish and she had the tortilla soup.

The pool and jacuzzi 'close' at a disappointing 9pm, enforced by security. The jacuzzi was lukewarm and not particularly enjoyable. Most of the families I saw at the resort were locals.

Overall a pleasant and relaxing four-day stay.

Room Tip: The only true Ocean View rooms are the suites on the northern ends of this U-shaped hotel. They also...
1 Thank Jason H
I am really glad to know that you spent a pleasant and relaxing staying at Fiesta Americana Villas Cancun.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed January 28, 2014

Just got home from there. We'll miss it. Great Location; wonderful, friendly service. True Mexican feel (i.e. not Las Vegas). Not all-inclusive so you can try all the great restaurants in town, but food in La Palapa is excellent. Great beach. Simple life style, not glamorous.

Room Tip: Great views from top floor.
3 Thank PALady66
Roberto I, Gerente at Fiesta Americana Villas Cancun, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
It has been a pleasure to know that you spent a wonderful time at our facilities. Certainly, our Mexican style is one of our qualities that make our guests want to come back.