Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Beachfront
  • Pool
Aloft Cancun(Cancun)
2,447 results
All reviewsbikini barfree laundrypalapa restaurantlaundry roomvacation clubhotel zonefull kitchenliving roomjacuzzi tubbeach areacoffee makerocean viewbreakfast buffet isjunior suiteisla mujeresspring breakcoco bongo
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 18, 2014

We stayed at the Fiesta American Villas Cancun in November 2013. I would NOT recommend this hotel and will not return here... ever.

We had a bad experience here and had to switch to another room but not until the next day:
-The roof had a water leak from the rain. There was a puddle of water in the living room.
-Air conditioning not working properly. It was constantly hot and humid.
-Green mold growing on patio/balcony roof. Dripped water constantly.
-Patio chairs were dirty and splattered with paint.
-Another couple entered our room with us already inside??? Apparently, hotel mistakenly assigned the room to two separate parties. Very embarrassing hotel could not keep track of this.
-Power outage for 3 hours during the evening.

They kept giving us dinner vouchers due to our complaints but the restaurant had mediocre food.

Pros:
-Great location in the hotel zone. Close to restaurants and nightclubs, etc.

Cons:
-Small beach, kind of rocky.
-Poorly working refrigerated AC.
-Old hotel that badly needs renovation. Dry cracked paint. Spotty wifi.
-They only have one restaurant on site and it is very expensive with not so good food.
-Location of their mothership, known as the Fiesta American Vacation Club.

Avoid being conned and do not to their "90 minute" presentation about their vacation club/time share. It is a high pressure tactic, high stress presentation to join their vacation club for 40 years. Minimum buy in was like $40,000 to $50,000 and up. The salesmen are well trained and lie with utter ease and calculation. Read the contract carefully. They will tell you many lies that are all verbal and not written in the contract. Lies like being able to stop paying the dues if you get tired and can walk away. Lies like if you get tired of the membership, they will help you sell it for high profit.

Just remember it is a legally binding contract for 40 YEARS that can be enforced even here in the USA. From what I have read on online forums and websites, they will send you to an external US collecting agency if you stop paying, harass you with phone calls and it can ultimately affect your credit score. Remember that negative items on your credit report stay for 7 years. So be very careful and protect yourself.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank HamletTX
Roberto I, Gerente at Fiesta Americana Villas Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2014

I am truly sorry to hear that our facilities did not fulfill your expectations, please accept my most sincere apologies. I would like to let you know that this year we get the authorization for the investment projects for approximately 1 million dollars in order to improve our image. For example, during last month’s we get the new lounge chairs for the beach/pool zone, the new chairs and tables for the terraces, some washing machines, dryers, we change all the roof tiles in the Club, parking lot floor and we changed all the bed clothes last June. Also, we are close to start with the maintenance/painting for the façade, change of some bath tubs, change of some structures of the windows, some kitchenettes and new equipment for our fitness center.

Although we have a preventive maintenance program for our equipment and facilities, sometimes we have unexpected issues as with the power outage on November 2013, nevertheless our Maintenance staff worked for hours and was corrected.

I look forward to having the opportunity of serving you and your family as you deserve, if there is anything else that we could do for you, please let us know.

Reviewed December 28, 2013

The location is good with a few shopping areas nearby but not many restaurants. The single restaurant on location is OK but limited in their offerings and rather expensive. However, everything in Cancun is expensive so plan on paying upwards of $25 to $30 USD per person per meal regardless of where you eat in the hotel zone. The room was nice, well equipped and clean. The setting of the hotel was great with a huge pool and great views. The beach is limited but the biggest drawback for us were the few beach chairs available, on the first day we couldn’t get anything other than a high back chair for one while the others sat on a beach wall. The staff is great, attentive and friendly. We plan to go back to Cancun but will probably go with an all inclusive location with additional restaurant options.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Scott T

I am really glad to let you know that during last month’s we get the new lounge chairs for the beach/pool zone.

On the other hand, I would like to comment that we have changed our Lunch and Dinner menus and we upgraded our special dinners such as the Pasta buffet on Wednesdays, Oriental night (variable), Tacos buffet on Fridays and Grill night on Saturdays.

Reviewed December 17, 2013

We just returned from a 4 night stay at this lovely little hotel. It is the cleanest hotel I have ever stayed in, with someone mopping or washing windows all through the day. It is a five story hotel that was designed to look like a traditional Mexican village that sits between two huge hotels that could be transplanted to Vegas. The bedding is all white and spotless and the beds are comfy. Even our standard room had a new small refrigerator, microwave, sink, plates, and utensils. The floors are tiled marble--watch out that can get slippery. We had access to a free washer and dryer. When we rented a car, there was a free guarded parking area. Beach towels and comfortable lounges were available on the small, calm, and beautiful white sand beach. The pool area is also lovely. The air conditioning was easily controlled and our room was always comfortable. There was a flat screen television. You can walk to nearby stores and restaurants or catch the constantly passing buses into town or farther down to the super expensive malls. Buses cost about $1.00 per person. I cannot say enough positive things about this hotel. Oh, did I mention it is one of the most reasonably priced hotels offered by the major travel package companies? I've stayed in other "bargain" Mexican hotels, and believe me this hotel is far superior to any of them. This is not an all-inclusive hotel, but we don't want to stay drunk and gain ten pounds on our vacation anyway! They do sell time shares, but all you have to do is tell them you have no interest and they do not bother you again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Nancy L

I am really glad to know that you spent a wonderful time in our facilities and our services did please you.

We look forward to having the opportunity of serving you again, if there is anything else that we could do for you, please let us know.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

We traded our HGVC Club points as an alternative to the Orlando Area Hilton timeshare properties that we typically stay at this time of year. This was our 10th trip to the Riviera Maya, yet only our 2nd time in Cancun area, so we are pretty familiar with Mexico.

We had a slight issue at check-in where they had no knowledge our our reservation, after looking for my reservation in the computer, they accepted my printout as proof of our reservation.(thankful I had brought it) A little scary to say the least.

We found the location of the hotel to be nice, well within walking distance of many of the clubs and some local restaurants and a 5 min walk to the Caracol Ferry to Isla which was nice as we did take the ferry over for a day. We also found a convenience store and smaller grocery store within walking distance so we could stock up on some food/drink items.

The Hotel itself wasn't fancy, nor were the rooms, which basically served their purpose. Was nice to have a suite, and seperate rooms for us and the kids to spread out, also nice little kichen area for cooking light meals. Partial ocean view gave us a beach view overlooking the Riu next door.

It doesn't seem like the design of the property was well thought out. No outside bar area with the exception of the small swim up bar. To get a drink you had to find a waiter--they provided beach wait service which was nice, but to have a great property with a great view, it seemed as though they were missing something with a true outdoor beach bar. Nice pool area, but only one hot tub on the whole property that seats 4 people. Outdoor restaurant provided a dining option on-site although the menu was a little pricey in our opinion with items like 4 cheese pizza for $20.00. The indoor bar in the lobby only have 4 seats and wasnt overly welcoming.

Nice local resturant across the street in the SeaHorse Restaurant, nice owner and great food there. I'd highly recommend the trip over to Isla. I have a local driver we've used for last 3-4 years, if you need a private driver to get to/from airport, or to do excursions send me an email....

Room Tip: 3rd floor or higher for better ocean views...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank jeffpags

I am truly sorry to hear that our F&B service did not fulfill your expectations, please accept my most sincere apologies. I assure you that we will be making the needed changes in order to improve the quality and efficiency in our service. I would like to let you know that our pizzas were made in wooden oven with the best quality ingredients, so their price increases.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

First of all Cancun is just Beautiful! The location of this hotel was great, the beach was perfect and every evening we would walk 10 minutes to where the clubs, restuarants and small stores are located. We are planning our next trip to Cancun and to this hotel already for 2014.

Room Tip: The Hotel was within walking distance to Cancun's night life, as well as resturants and shopping. Great location.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank LCorrea2013

It has been very pleasant to know that our facilities and location made your stay a memorable experience. I look forward to serving you this year, if there is anything else that we could do for you, please let us know.