“Nice first trip to Cancun”

Ranked #19 of 175 Hotels in Cancun
GreenLeadersGold level
Ball Ground, Georgia, United States
“Nice first trip to Cancun”
Reviewed December 28, 2013

The location is good with a few shopping areas nearby but not many restaurants. The single restaurant on location is OK but limited in their offerings and rather expensive. However, everything in Cancun is expensive so plan on paying upwards of $25 to $30 USD per person per meal regardless of where you eat in the hotel zone. The room was nice, well equipped and clean. The setting of the hotel was great with a huge pool and great views. The beach is limited but the biggest drawback for us were the few beach chairs available, on the first day we couldn’t get anything other than a high back chair for one while the others sat on a beach wall. The staff is great, attentive and friendly. We plan to go back to Cancun but will probably go with an all inclusive location with additional restaurant options.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Scott T
Roberto I, Gerente at Fiesta Americana Villas Cancun, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
I am really glad to let you know that during last month’s we get the new lounge chairs for the beach/pool zone.

On the other hand, I would like to comment that we have changed our Lunch and Dinner menus and we upgraded our special dinners such as the Pasta buffet on Wednesdays, Oriental night (variable), Tacos buffet on Fridays and Grill night on Saturdays.

I look forward to having the opportunity of serving you and your family as you deserve, if there is anything else that we could do for you, please let us know.

Fiesta Americana Villas Cancun

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed December 17, 2013

We just returned from a 4 night stay at this lovely little hotel. It is the cleanest hotel I have ever stayed in, with someone mopping or washing windows all through the day. It is a five story hotel that was designed to look like a traditional Mexican village that sits between two huge hotels that could be transplanted to Vegas. The bedding is all white and spotless and the beds are comfy. Even our standard room had a new small refrigerator, microwave, sink, plates, and utensils. The floors are tiled marble--watch out that can get slippery. We had access to a free washer and dryer. When we rented a car, there was a free guarded parking area. Beach towels and comfortable lounges were available on the small, calm, and beautiful white sand beach. The pool area is also lovely. The air conditioning was easily controlled and our room was always comfortable. There was a flat screen television. You can walk to nearby stores and restaurants or catch the constantly passing buses into town or farther down to the super expensive malls. Buses cost about $1.00 per person. I cannot say enough positive things about this hotel. Oh, did I mention it is one of the most reasonably priced hotels offered by the major travel package companies? I've stayed in other "bargain" Mexican hotels, and believe me this hotel is far superior to any of them. This is not an all-inclusive hotel, but we don't want to stay drunk and gain ten pounds on our vacation anyway! They do sell time shares, but all you have to do is tell them you have no interest and they do not bother you again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Nancy L
I am really glad to know that you spent a wonderful time in our facilities and our services did please you.

We look forward to having the opportunity of serving you again, if there is anything else that we could do for you, please let us know.

Taunton, Massachusetts
Reviewed December 1, 2013

We traded our HGVC Club points as an alternative to the Orlando Area Hilton timeshare properties that we typically stay at this time of year. This was our 10th trip to the Riviera Maya, yet only our 2nd time in Cancun area, so we are pretty familiar with Mexico.

We had a slight issue at check-in where they had no knowledge our our reservation, after looking for my reservation in the computer, they accepted my printout as proof of our reservation.(thankful I had brought it) A little scary to say the least.

We found the location of the hotel to be nice, well within walking distance of many of the clubs and some local restaurants and a 5 min walk to the Caracol Ferry to Isla which was nice as we did take the ferry over for a day. We also found a convenience store and smaller grocery store within walking distance so we could stock up on some food/drink items.

The Hotel itself wasn't fancy, nor were the rooms, which basically served their purpose. Was nice to have a suite, and seperate rooms for us and the kids to spread out, also nice little kichen area for cooking light meals. Partial ocean view gave us a beach view overlooking the Riu next door.

It doesn't seem like the design of the property was well thought out. No outside bar area with the exception of the small swim up bar. To get a drink you had to find a waiter--they provided beach wait service which was nice, but to have a great property with a great view, it seemed as though they were missing something with a true outdoor beach bar. Nice pool area, but only one hot tub on the whole property that seats 4 people. Outdoor restaurant provided a dining option on-site although the menu was a little pricey in our opinion with items like 4 cheese pizza for $20.00. The indoor bar in the lobby only have 4 seats and wasnt overly welcoming.

Nice local resturant across the street in the SeaHorse Restaurant, nice owner and great food there. I'd highly recommend the trip over to Isla. I have a local driver we've used for last 3-4 years, if you need a private driver to get to/from airport, or to do excursions send me an email....

Room Tip: 3rd floor or higher for better ocean views...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank jeffpags
I am truly sorry to hear that our F&B service did not fulfill your expectations, please accept my most sincere apologies. I assure you that we will be making the needed changes in order to improve the quality and efficiency in our service. I would like to let you know that our pizzas were made in wooden oven with the best quality ingredients, so their price increases.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed October 24, 2013

First of all Cancun is just Beautiful! The location of this hotel was great, the beach was perfect and every evening we would walk 10 minutes to where the clubs, restuarants and small stores are located. We are planning our next trip to Cancun and to this hotel already for 2014.

Room Tip: The Hotel was within walking distance to Cancun's night life, as well as resturants and shopping...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank LCorrea2013
It has been very pleasant to know that our facilities and location made your stay a memorable experience. I look forward to serving you this year, if there is anything else that we could do for you, please let us know.

Crestview, Florida
Reviewed October 16, 2013

This was my fourth trip to FA Villas Cancun and by far my best to date. The property is always changing, upgrading, and updating. The front desk staff were very accommodating. The concierge and bell staff went out of their way to help us with dinner reservations, car rentals, tours, and taxi service as needed. The pool attendants and service staff were excellent. I must single out "Silvia". She greeted me every day with a smile and was attentive my food and drink requests. The margaritas and mojitos were outstanding. For lunch by the pool we tried chicken strips, fish strips, chicken nachos and pizza...fantastic! This was a great trip and I can't wait to return. Muchas gracias!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the pool.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank CrestviewEER
I am really glad to know that you spent a wonderful time at your home FA Villas Cancun, I will share your congratulatory words with our staff, especially with Silvia. I am certain this motivates all of us to keep searching for excellence. I look forward serving you again, If there is anything else that we could do for you, please let us know.

Imperial Beach, California, United States
Reviewed October 7, 2013

The missus & I read the negative T.A. comments before arriving Cancun. Here's the good news: Those problems are no more! Excellent staff, no timeshare pushing (tho they will "invite" you to join their "Vacation Club" - but they were polite when we refused and were NOT too pushy). This place gets high grades in most categories (see below). Their "Palapas" restaurant is right on the beach AND the food - especially breakfast and the seafood - are GREAT! Good wines at sunset sitting at a beachside table with friends . . . ahh! Chef Antonio is a wizard with fish - you MUST try his "frito entero"-style (whole fish deep fried) - divine! Our room was neat & clean with good a/c. The kitchen was tiny with only a microwave & electric cook top; but the refer held all our beers and vodka . The ONLY complaint we had was the coffee: Itsy bitsy coffee paks in a midget coffee maker! Go to Starbucks ac ross the street. There's so many really good eateries in Cancun, why cook? The pool is well designed - perfect for kids and for adults who like to imbibe at the swim up "Bikini Bar". All in all, a good place to spend a week with or w/o kids.

Room Tip: Buy booze at the airport for best exchange rate & decent prices. 4th & 5th floor rooms have...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank realpep
I am really glad to know that on the contrary to the other reviews, you spent a wonderful vacation and enjoyed the food and wine at La Palapa Restaurant.

I take this opportunity to suggest you to ask to our Concierge for our Wine Testing, we will be more than happy to have you during this exclusive experience.

I look forward serving you again, if there is anything else that we could do for you, please let us know.

Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

I really liked this hotel but the only day I left my kids in the "Fiesta Kids Club" the lady in charge didn't follow the supposed activities plan. The plan was great, manual activities, lunch at noon, sand castles on the beach, etc. When we came to pick them up it was one excuse after the other. No lunch because you must ask for it before 11am, no manual activities because the kids only like to draw on paper, no sand castles because the lady was alergic to sea water, and she left the kids alone because she wanted to leave at 4pm when the activities plan clearly stated 5pm so she was looking for the parents instead of looking after yhe kids. It was just ridiculous, they should fire the lady in charge or close the kids club. I don't want my kids to spend their vacations in a room watching cartoons on the tv al day long.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank juanjodic
I am truly sorry to know that our Fiesta Kids service did not fulfill your expectations, please accept my most sincere apologies. I assure you that we will be monitoring this area in order to avoid similar situations in the future.

I would like to clarify that all the activities are subject to change depending on the number of children. As it is mentioned in the regulations (next to the sliding door at Fiesta Kids) the schedule for this service is from 10 to 4pm. and the kids must be there before at 11am to get the free lunch.