“Fiesta Americana Villas - BUENO!”

Ranked #21 of 181 Hotels in Cancun
GreenLeadersGold level
Imperial Beach, California, United States
“Fiesta Americana Villas - BUENO!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

The missus & I read the negative T.A. comments before arriving Cancun. Here's the good news: Those problems are no more! Excellent staff, no timeshare pushing (tho they will "invite" you to join their "Vacation Club" - but they were polite when we refused and were NOT too pushy). This place gets high grades in most categories (see below). Their "Palapas" restaurant is right on the beach AND the food - especially breakfast and the seafood - are GREAT! Good wines at sunset sitting at a beachside table with friends . . . ahh! Chef Antonio is a wizard with fish - you MUST try his "frito entero"-style (whole fish deep fried) - divine! Our room was neat & clean with good a/c. The kitchen was tiny with only a microwave & electric cook top; but the refer held all our beers and vodka . The ONLY complaint we had was the coffee: Itsy bitsy coffee paks in a midget coffee maker! Go to Starbucks ac ross the street. There's so many really good eateries in Cancun, why cook? The pool is well designed - perfect for kids and for adults who like to imbibe at the swim up "Bikini Bar". All in all, a good place to spend a week with or w/o kids.

Room Tip: Buy booze at the airport for best exchange rate & decent prices. 4th & 5th floor rooms have...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank realpep
Roberto I, Gerente at Fiesta Americana Villas Cancun, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
I am really glad to know that on the contrary to the other reviews, you spent a wonderful vacation and enjoyed the food and wine at La Palapa Restaurant.

I take this opportunity to suggest you to ask to our Concierge for our Wine Testing, we will be more than happy to have you during this exclusive experience.

I look forward serving you again, if there is anything else that we could do for you, please let us know.

Fiesta Americana Villas Cancun

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

I really liked this hotel but the only day I left my kids in the "Fiesta Kids Club" the lady in charge didn't follow the supposed activities plan. The plan was great, manual activities, lunch at noon, sand castles on the beach, etc. When we came to pick them up it was one excuse after the other. No lunch because you must ask for it before 11am, no manual activities because the kids only like to draw on paper, no sand castles because the lady was alergic to sea water, and she left the kids alone because she wanted to leave at 4pm when the activities plan clearly stated 5pm so she was looking for the parents instead of looking after yhe kids. It was just ridiculous, they should fire the lady in charge or close the kids club. I don't want my kids to spend their vacations in a room watching cartoons on the tv al day long.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank juanjodic
I am truly sorry to know that our Fiesta Kids service did not fulfill your expectations, please accept my most sincere apologies. I assure you that we will be monitoring this area in order to avoid similar situations in the future.

I would like to clarify that all the activities are subject to change depending on the number of children. As it is mentioned in the regulations (next to the sliding door at Fiesta Kids) the schedule for this service is from 10 to 4pm. and the kids must be there before at 11am to get the free lunch.

Bronx, New York, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

My biyfriend and I spend a week in this hotel, in Thanksgiving of 2012. We love everything about it. They gave us a huge room with ocean view, and because it was our first aniversary they gave us a gift the first night (a chocolate little cake and champaine). The service was great, and the pool awesome. I gave it 4 stars because the is no wifi in the rooms.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Alejandra V
I really glad to know that you spent a wonderful first anniversary at Fiesta Americana Villas Cancun.

On the other hand, I would like to comment that since May 2013 we offer free internet service in our facilities, including the rooms.

Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

First, the plus. We had a 2BDR on the 3rd floor and the rooms are spacious and well laid out. The balcony was huge and offered a good view over the pool and ocean. Also, the hotel offered vacation club members a cocktail hour as a thank you for being members and there were no high pressure sales happening.

Now the negatives.
Room - While the room is spacious, a few of the bulbs were out the moment we checked in. Seems that this should've been part of a routine check before we checked in. The floor also hadn't been mopped before our visit as our socks were black by the end of the night.The room above us had smokers and the cigarette smell came in through the vents whenever we had the air on (which was always).

The next was probably the most disappointing and that was the service. It genuinely seemed that some of the employees were trying to find way to extort money from me at every turn. The concierge was the worst in that they acted as if they never heard of any of the top 5 restaurants on trip advisor but were eager to give me "cards" that I should hand to the restaurant for some type of discount. Additionally, they offered no help when it came to getting around by bus but always suggested I take a taxi instead. The waiter at the poolside restaurant made it a point (and a wink) to tell me that my 2 year-old wasn't being charged for breakfast all while pointing at the tip line on the bill. Upon checkout, I spoke to someone at the hotel about paying for our roundtrip transportation and she said it would be 800pesos. When I arrived at the front desk to pay for it, the gentleman told me that it's actually $80USD so it would be a higher amount in pesos. When I referenced the conversation I had with the woman on the phone, he looked over my shoulder and it turns out she was standing there the whole time. I asked her if I was confused by our conversation and she agreed that she did in fact say it was 800pesos. The point here is that the hotel staff has an ulterior agenda and it doesn't seem to be doing what's best for the guest.

The poolside bar does have happy hour 2 times a day but the amount of alcohol in the drinks is negligible. You're much better getting a beer instead of a mixed drink. This was a running joke among the guests and some were saying that happy hour at the bar inside the hotel were more generous with the alcohol than the poolside bar. We didn't have a chance to confirm.

I don't think this is a reflection on Fiesta Americana as a whole since we stayed a few times at the location in Los Cabos and frankly it's our favorite of all the resorts we've visited.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank maxcang
Roberto I, Gerente at Fiesta Americana Villas Cancun, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
I am truly sorry to know about these issues during your staying, please accept my most sincere apologies, I assure you that I will be taking corrective actions with the involved departments in order to avoid any similar situations in the future.

I look forward to having the opportunity of serving you and your family as you deserve, during your next visit to the beautiful beaches of Cancun, if there is anything else that we could do for you, please let us know.

Nova Lima, MG
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

Perfect location.
Clean and comfortable room. Very good breakfast.
Great swimming pools. Good drinks at wet bar.
The hotel beach is not good. It has a short piece of sand and many rocks.
A lot of children in the pool area playing and screaming all the time. Looks like a north american backyard. So, maybe not a good option for couples.
Good value for money.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Roberto I, Gerente at Fiesta Americana Villas Cancun, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
It has been a pleasure for me to know that our services did please you. We look forward to having the opportunity of serving you, during your next visit to the beautiful beaches of Cancun, if there is anything else that we could do for you, please let us know.

Mexico City, Mexico
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

Third time staying here. Convenient location to the Cancun convention center. Friendly service. Rooms are worn and dated. Requested a room change with a better view, no problem. Bathtub needs repairs, beds are very uncomfortable. Breakfast buffet is very good, served by the ocean. Rest of the food is terrible. No real beach, just concrete steps and platforms against the water. Seems like a good family hotel. Luckily I was here on business and didn't use many of the facilities. Good price considering the location. If I were here on vacation I would be disappointed.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Travel8286
We appreciate you taking the time to share with us your remarks. Your comments allow us to concentrate our efforts in those areas in which we can still improve our service levels aiming at a more pleasant stay for you.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

I just returned from 5 days at this resort. I had a studio unit on the third floor with a partial ocean view and facing the hot tub gazebo at the property next door. Not unpleasant, but a little noisy at times, especially at night. I can tune noise out pretty well, so need to get out the earplugs. The unit was clean and the bed was very comfortable, but small annoying glitches were had. Not enough hangers in the closet, a tub plug that wouldn't work and problems with the electronic door lock were had. Every staff member was friendly and helpful, but it seemed to me the resort was needing more staff serving the pool and beach areas. The ones there were working very hard, but watching only one bartender running from the pool area (with a bar right there) to the lobby bar and back to fill drink orders didn't work so well.

The beach area has soft sand and is easy to enter the water for swimming. There are plenty of beach chairs and many palapas offering shade. The small convenience store off of the lobby has basic items, but there are stores across the street offering more. Due to the days of heavy rain, I didn't get too far beyond the resort. The food in the lobby cafe and that ordered while sitting on the beach was good. The resort is smaller than many others, but it offers a nice quiet space to relax.

Room Tip: The ones facing the the "inside" of the U shaped resort or directly on the ends of the bui...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Deanna H
I am truly sorry to know about the issues during your staying, please accept my most sincere apologies; I assure you that we will be taking corrective actions in order to avoid similar situations in the future.