“Great Price / Value”

GreenLeadersGold level
Zug, Switzerland
“Great Price / Value”
Reviewed July 23, 2012

Stayed there for 4 nights.
Had one of the best rooms with ocean view. Had a sperate living room with perfect kitchen and fridge. Very cool Bedroom with huge bed and perfect bathroom.

Hotel was in the center, just 5 - 10 minutes away from clubbing.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
6 Thank ggib

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed June 24, 2012

Fiesta Americana hotels are difficult to disappoint. This is a great choice in Cancun to get away from the terrible all inclusive resorts. This is not a super luxury resort, but a very comfortable hotel with great one bedroom condo style suites. Fully stocked kitchen, very large, big refrigerator, nice dining / living area, flat screen TVs in LR and BR, nice roomy bedroom, and great bathroom. Again, nothing fancy, but very comfortable.

Although the rooms are consistently nice, the views vary, so beware. I have stayed here three times now, same room category and rate, same room quality, but three very different views, from excellent to terrible. Ask to see different rooms if they are available.

Location is great in the hotel zone, blocks from the convention center, shops, restaurants, bars, etc. everything very close. Beach is so-so in front of the hotel. Pools are nice. Restaurant food and service is excellent, especially the breakfast buffet, excellent!

Reception staff was hot and cold, sometimes incredibly pleasant and accomodating, other times not.

Another warning: this place is a time share, so be careful of their sales tactics!

I will stay here agian, a great value.

Room Tip: Most rooms are created equal, views are NOT
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank Travel8286
Sanford, Florida
Reviewed June 20, 2012

This property was very beautiful. Our room was spacious and neat. We had the 2 bedroom plus, and every room had balconies overlooking the beach or pool. We even had a balcony for the jacuzzi tub! We traveled with 4 other adults, and there was more than enough room.The service of the staff was wonderful. Anything we needed was taken care of. The restaurant was the only let down, not exactly great service, but with all the little eateries just across the street, that was no problem. The hosts and servers at these small restaurants were so nice and bend over backwards to bring you some amazing food!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Sharon C
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed June 19, 2012

This property is aging, been here a couple of times and have had enough! The reservations staff and management are non-conforming, will rarely make an exception if you are not satisfied with your room. There is a CONSTANT pressure to attend time share presentations, they hand over the keys to your room to these vultures upon arrival before you get them so they can throw their pitch at a free breakfast to do the presentation, and calls to your room will persist, don't be fooled this is their scheme. The food is lousy, drinks are poor quality, pool is small and frequently dirty, there is constant noise from chairs on other floors. The only good quality is the beach, and that you can find anywhere in Cancun. Do yourself a favor, avoid agravation and stay with an American owned company like the Marriott.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank marc C
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed June 11, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for two nights back in October 2010 and we enjoyed the location, it was clean and the staff was friendly. We did not do the meal plan so, buying food was the same prices you would find in the states. Don't assume because it is Mexico that it is cheap. The beach was very small but, still enjoyable. The room was large and if I ever returned I would take advantage of using the kitchen to prepare meals and snacks and drinks. I think it would be better for families instead of romantic atmosphere.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Reviewed May 29, 2012

This vacation started off great when we checked in, but then the restaurant staff got rude late night, if you pay in cash they try to give your change back in peso and alot of my friends ended up with the incorrect change shorted a couple of dollars. The worst is the last day my camera was stolen, a pair of steve madden heels and an iphone headset out of my room. They only apoloigized but nothing else. I wont be recommending this hotel to anyone. I just happy we used the safe to store our cash and passports. we stayed at this hotel 5/25-5/29

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
6 Thank Marquita A
Riverside, California
Reviewed May 27, 2012

My wife and I returned to Fiesta Americana Villas Cancun after our stay in January of this year; this time brought grandson (10 yrs old) and daughter. Our stay was from May 10th-17th. We stayed in a 2 bedroom suite on 5th floor. Rooms 5421&5423 that had a ocean and pool view. The two bedrooms met our needs. Giving us enough space as to not feel congested.

The weather this time of year was more humid but nothing a dip in ocean or pool could resolve.

The staff was like seeing old friends, Vicente the bellman greeted us with open arms. Silvia our beach server (Bikini Bar) has worked at the hotel since, the opening of the hotel. Silvia is quick with a smile and lets you know when "Happy Hour " starts for the 2 for 1 specials. Truly one great employee.

The hotel's restaurant is not limited to just it's menu. We found the staff very willing to give the best customer service by meeting your needs. If your into Mexican Food. Ask for the special dinner for 2. Very tasteful and not on the menu.

Being that we brought our grandson, he truly had a great experience having two individual swimming adventures with the hotel's lifeguard Lazaro. Lazaro took our grandson snorkeling and found underwater sea life just yards from our beach front. This type of adventure is not found in the states. We were very great full for the time Lazaro took to teach and show our grandson the ocean wonders in Cancun.

A person who we re-encounter who is a bleached blonde long hair Mexican fellow named "Ricki".

Although, Ricki does not work for hotel he is a self promoting events person who works out of blue canopy just next to the hotel. He sells day trips, rentals etc. at a much lower price than hotel or Aqua World. We purchase a bus trip to ruins ; as well as took a personal snorkeling trip lead by Ricki, boat captain and our family. Very save! I highly recommend it.

Now about our lesson... Having just gone down to Cancun in January.I called hotel transportation service manager, Monica. I set time and date as well as return dates.

On arrival no problem. Paid the price of $80.00 round trip for all 4 of us to driver at airport and gave him our return date and time of flight. He then gave me time we would be picked up and handed me my return voucher.

On the day before our departure. I checked with hotel travel desk and I stated to gentleman. I could not find my voucher. He said they had a record of our pickup in the morning and not to worry.

On morning of pickup a different travel desk persons with attittudes said without the voucher. I would have to pay for return to airport.

The fact, they had the record of my pickup and van with driver had just arrived. Meant nothing.

They were useless and made no further attempt to help.

Monica the transportation manager was called but more or less washed her hands of problem.

When I stated, "What if a customers had no money to pay for return?, her answer. "Hotel would pay for it". Why not just have extra voucher to give to driver would have solved the problem.

I have to note Bellman Vicente made an attempt to clear up the problem. He stated that is problem happens from time to time. But even though hotel works with Green Line transportation hotel does notthing to help solve the problem. Instead, they would rather anger the hotel guest allowing them to just remember a bad experience. Rather than remema good relaxing experience.

I feel this problem can be resolved by having vouchers for hotel staff to give out. Since, this is not an ongoing problem it should be resolved without such a fuss.

I also contacted the hotel manager Jorge Duran regarding this issueas f this date no reply. Which, I feel is out of the ordinary.

Since, most of his support staff do an outstanding job.

Given the right tools; the staff would allow them to do better.

Finally, I did find our voucher, but did find a flaw in management customer service.

But will thie be a solution to the voucher problem. So, keep you voucher handy or use another service other than hotel service.

Room Tip: Higher floors are best. Pool and ocean views are best. Hotel maids do a wonderful job creating speci...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family