“Disappointed and Robbed”

Fiesta Americana Villas Cancun
Ranked #18 of 177 Hotels in Cancun
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed May 29, 2012

This vacation started off great when we checked in, but then the restaurant staff got rude late night, if you pay in cash they try to give your change back in peso and alot of my friends ended up with the incorrect change shorted a couple of dollars. The worst is the last day my camera was stolen, a pair of steve madden heels and an iphone headset out of my room. They only apoloigized but nothing else. I wont be recommending this hotel to anyone. I just happy we used the safe to store our cash and passports. we stayed at this hotel 5/25-5/29

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
6  Thank Marquita A

Reviewed May 27, 2012

My wife and I returned to Fiesta Americana Villas Cancun after our stay in January of this year; this time brought grandson (10 yrs old) and daughter. Our stay was from May 10th-17th. We stayed in a 2 bedroom suite on 5th floor. Rooms 5421&5423 that had a ocean and pool view. The two bedrooms met our needs. Giving us enough space as to not feel congested.

The weather this time of year was more humid but nothing a dip in ocean or pool could resolve.

The staff was like seeing old friends, Vicente the bellman greeted us with open arms. Silvia our beach server (Bikini Bar) has worked at the hotel since, the opening of the hotel. Silvia is quick with a smile and lets you know when "Happy Hour " starts for the 2 for 1 specials. Truly one great employee.

The hotel's restaurant is not limited to just it's menu. We found the staff very willing to give the best customer service by meeting your needs. If your into Mexican Food. Ask for the special dinner for 2. Very tasteful and not on the menu.

Being that we brought our grandson, he truly had a great experience having two individual swimming adventures with the hotel's lifeguard Lazaro. Lazaro took our grandson snorkeling and found underwater sea life just yards from our beach front. This type of adventure is not found in the states. We were very great full for the time Lazaro took to teach and show our grandson the ocean wonders in Cancun.

A person who we re-encounter who is a bleached blonde long hair Mexican fellow named "Ricki".

Although, Ricki does not work for hotel he is a self promoting events person who works out of blue canopy just next to the hotel. He sells day trips, rentals etc. at a much lower price than hotel or Aqua World. We purchase a bus trip to ruins ; as well as took a personal snorkeling trip lead by Ricki, boat captain and our family. Very save! I highly recommend it.

Now about our lesson... Having just gone down to Cancun in January.I called hotel transportation service manager, Monica. I set time and date as well as return dates.

On arrival no problem. Paid the price of $80.00 round trip for all 4 of us to driver at airport and gave him our return date and time of flight. He then gave me time we would be picked up and handed me my return voucher.

On the day before our departure. I checked with hotel travel desk and I stated to gentleman. I could not find my voucher. He said they had a record of our pickup in the morning and not to worry.

On morning of pickup a different travel desk persons with attittudes said without the voucher. I would have to pay for return to airport.

The fact, they had the record of my pickup and van with driver had just arrived. Meant nothing.

They were useless and made no further attempt to help.

Monica the transportation manager was called but more or less washed her hands of problem.

When I stated, "What if a customers had no money to pay for return?, her answer. "Hotel would pay for it". Why not just have extra voucher to give to driver would have solved the problem.

I have to note Bellman Vicente made an attempt to clear up the problem. He stated that is problem happens from time to time. But even though hotel works with Green Line transportation hotel does notthing to help solve the problem. Instead, they would rather anger the hotel guest allowing them to just remember a bad experience. Rather than remema good relaxing experience.

I feel this problem can be resolved by having vouchers for hotel staff to give out. Since, this is not an ongoing problem it should be resolved without such a fuss.

I also contacted the hotel manager Jorge Duran regarding this issueas f this date no reply. Which, I feel is out of the ordinary.

Since, most of his support staff do an outstanding job.

Given the right tools; the staff would allow them to do better.

Finally, I did find our voucher, but did find a flaw in management customer service.

But will thie be a solution to the voucher problem. So, keep you voucher handy or use another service other than hotel service.

Room Tip: Higher floors are best. Pool and ocean views are best. Hotel maids do a wonderful job creating speci...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank SamHuff
Reviewed May 25, 2012

A nice place to relax, small not a large resort like the RIU's next door, close to everything that Cancun has to offer. On site dining is a step above. Staff is extremely friendly and helpful. Rooms offer everything you need. Forget the taxis, use the buses and walk a little.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank 53sparky
Reviewed May 24, 2012

I went on vacation with 2 of my girlfriends and overall loved it!! The hotel was nice and decent especially for the price we paid!! The staff was wonderfull especially out favorite waitress Rafaela!!! The only thing is that it was really family oriented. If you are single and like to party a lot this is not the hotel for you. I loved my stay at cancun and will becoming back!!!

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed April 28, 2012

Nice Hotel for family vacations. Rooms are comfortable and well equipped. The pool is very nice but the beach is a little small. The Hotel is near the party zone in Cancun so you don't have to pay taxis to get there. I recommend this Hotel for family vacations. Kids spend a very good time in here

Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed April 24, 2012

Its location is unmatched. Its close to everything to do in Cancun. However, there is little or no beach. They have a sand lot where you can go down the stairs to access the water but not to Cancun standards. The staff is very helpful and friendly. They offer free washer/dryers for you to self serve your laundry. The pool is great and the prices are good because if its location. No wifi in the rooms, only in the lobby. The store in the lobby has all the necessary necessities to fulfill the munchies. Lots of families and kids. We could hear the next door kids having fun. But Not what we expected as a couple.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank fernando g
Reviewed April 24, 2012

Great place to relax during the day, and party all night downtown! Water is great, good casual dining on site. Everything is close, 5 min walk to the main bars (Coco Bongo etc). The staff was great, water activites nearby. The hotel has been renovated last year, all is pretty nice.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank miketravel22
FACUCancun, Public Relations Manager at Fiesta Americana Villas Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2012

I would like to acknowledge receipt of your comments regarding your recent stay at Fiesta Americana Villas Cancun.

We appreciate you taking the time to share with us your experience. I am really glad to know that you spent a wonderful time at your home FA Villas Cancun and I look forward to seeing you soon.