First off, my wife and I have traveled to Mexico extensively and know what to expect in Mexican resorts. We have used Tripadvisor religiously to make travel plans around the world and have rarely been anything but thrilled, until now. Live Aqua is very pretty to look at: a modern, glass resort that certainly looks 5-star on the surface. But it's all show and no go. Housekeeping is a disaster! Every day, and I mean EVERY day, they would forget to replace towels, soap, water, etc. We would be out of the room on many days until 4:30pm and find the room still untouched. At evening turn-down, many guests were furious because they were still knocking on doors to do turndown at 9:30pm. Pool service was abysmal; taking easily an hour to get something to eat or drink. They claim bar service starts at 10am at the pool. That's when they start their meeting - it's usually 11 or 11:30am before they start service. If you attempt to go to the bar on your own, you will wait 20 min. as the pool waiters take preference. As for food, we thought it was pretty good, though despite usually opening the doors to the restaurant on time, it takes them an easy hour to get food out and service going at the buffet. Good luck getting reservations at MB. It will take several days to get a reservation. When you do finally get one, you will be easily waiting 2-3 hours to complete your meal. If you are used to buffets in MX resorts and have Olive Garden tastes, you'll like it. Otherwise, while the food is tasty, you will get bored quickly and there is certainly nothing exquisite about the cuisine. There simply aren't enough options nor service people to handle all of the guests and you will likely eat off property a lot. They only seem top allow 6-10 tables per seating for resort guests at MB, the rest appear to be for walk-ins. We took the time to politely speak with Alma, a supervisor at the front desk, but she mainly made excuses and nothing really changed after speaking to her - including forgetting my wife's birthday, which I had e-mailed and planned in advance. I tried three times to speak with the customer service manager, but he was always "in a meeting." In the end, Aqua won't ruin your vacation, but there are many other places for the same money that are far superior. Live Aqua is not ready for prime time. P.S. We tipped often and well - they'll gladly take your money but service will not improve. Don't bother. The whole invoicing for every service (versus an all-inclusive bracelet) is probably the biggest mistake. It eats into the service time and infuriates the guests. You'll see bills for a $90 breakfast buffet for 2 in hopes of getting a tip for that amount. Even if you get a bowl of fruit, you get an insanely high bill to sign, which you don't pay, but is very tacky. The spa was very expensive and the massages were weak. Nothing about this place is anything beyond mediocre.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Live Aqua Cancun, a welcoming place, where being is the first part of feeling. Your senses work together. It's a prism of colors, eclectic rhythms, and seductive details. Enjoy the fusion of idyllic days and energizing nights. It is a monument to your arrival to this Cancun Spa Resort. This sophisticated beachfront resort lies along white sand beaches, across the street from La Isla Shopping Mall and walking distance from some of the best restaurants and shopping malls in the city. Exotic drinks, barefoot luxury and activities overlooking the resort's 8 infinity pools are just part of the exquisite details within our All Inclusive concept. Music worships you at every step, with changes in rhythms that match the emotions you feel and the space around you. The sound is never the same, but always relaxing, exciting and harmonic. Arriving, leaving, just belonging makes you sigh with peace. The Aqua aroma seeps into every nook and cranny up to the sky, down to the sea. Return to yourself. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, HotelsforEveryone, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Live Aqua Beach Resort Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Live Aqua Cancun All Inclusive Hotel Cancun
- Cancun Aqua Hotel
- Aqua Hotel Cancun
- Fiesta Americana Grand Aqua