Live Aqua Beach Resort Cancun
$337
$330
$817
$800
Hard Rock Hotel Cancun(Cancun)
$465
$356
$269
  • Pool
Le Blanc Spa Resort(Cancun)
$803
$427
$508
$474
9,939 results
All reviewshidden gardenhand massagemb restauranthabanero soupminute foot massageegos baraka barsushi stationazur restaurantmojito barrice artroom serviceswim up barocean fronta garden view roomspecial dinnerbeach bag
Reviewed March 25, 2010

Stayed here for 10 days in March. We have stayed at many places in the area and Aqua is by far the nicest. We did the $90/ per night upgrade and found it was well worth it.

Pros: comfortable beds (real king size), nice clean rooms with everything you could need, no problems finding pool or beach chairs, food & beverage service @ pool & beach was outstanding! SPA was top notch, location is excellent, room service was timely and excellent, concierge was very helpful, 25% off everything with room upgrade.

Cons: MB restaurant was disappointing crappy service & for the first time ever, anywhere , I had to send my food back! the breakfast offered w/ the upgrade seemed to get picked over fairy quickly and was always the same thing, JP Morgan & AIG completely took over the resort for our last weekend, some services seemed to be run thin, they closed bars & restaurants & even half the pool just for these bankers!

overall we enjoyed this resort a lot, the overall service is outstanding I wouldn't hesitate to book the hotel again! Feel free to contact me with any questions

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank buffaloMT
Reviewed March 19, 2010

We just returned from a holiday at the Live Agua. Upon first entering the hotel, we were greeted by friendly staff who took our luggage and as we walked into the lobby, the scent of eucalyptus filled the air. It was lovely. Then, it went downhill.

Long story short, we waited in the lobby for over 30 minutes before getting our room key (there was noone else waiting!). Apparently, they forgot we were there, even though we came with a 2 yr old who was running around. The lobby staff were totally clueless (one woman in particular, but I don't recall her name. However, if management does read this, she did fill in for the regular guy on the 5th floor, serving breakfast on March 16 -- she thought there was nothing wrong with totally cold coffee at 8am!). After complaining, we did receive some upgrades from the manager but it was painful.

They threw in a few freebies like a complimentary glass of wine in the room when you arrive (but just one glass between 2 people?) and Gilchrist & Soames toiletries (v small sizes, not enough for 2 people to use for one day). The upside was that the rooms are small, but very nice (great beds & pillows, athough noisy hallways), the spa is lovely with attentive staff and poolside service is great. The food is very good (ie. Kobe burger with fries for under 200 pesos). And the location is great - right across from La Isla Mall, which has plenty of shopping, fast food and a decent Thai & Indian restaurant.

Overall, great place. They just need to train their lobby staff and fire that one woman.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank MexChilanga
Reviewed March 18, 2010

I returned 2 weeks ago from the Live Aqua Hotel. This was our third visit and the hotel staff and facilities are better than ever. The service everywhere is as good as it gets. Our suite was beautiful. The beach and pool attendants want to please in every way possible. The beach is now deep and back to the beautiful Cancun sand that we all remember pre-hurricane. It’s easy to take a walk along the beach as the sand is packed and the beach is rather quiet given the depth of the beach. We ate at MB for the first time for dinner. All 7 of us in the group enjoyed their meals. The menu was interesting, and the quality of the food was excellent. Our group made use of the extensive Spa offerings and all of us had great massages. I will be back again very shortly, as this has become my home away from home! Any questions, feel free to ask.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 17, 2010

Aqua hotel is one of the best places to relax and enjoy the natural scenery of Cancun.

Stayed: October 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed March 16, 2010

I was a day guest at Aqua last month and have the following comments and impressions.....

Beautiful property, but service in the restaurant (breakfast) and at the concierge desk was not up to standards. I have extensive international travel experience and understand cultural differences and language barriers. This was neither however, just bad service.

At breakfast, the hostess did not acknowledge our party in the uncrowded restaurant. Couldn't be bothered to make eye contact with us. When we finally got her attention, she sighed and led us to our seats. She had horrible body language and didn't seem happy to be there.

Our waiter was very unfriendly. It seemed as if refilling our coffee and taking our orders was a chore.

The service in the spa was terrific - from the ladies at the desk to the attendants in the locker room. They made us feel welcome.

Worst of all however was the concierge desk. I needed to mail an envelope containing business documents to the United States. The concierge at first told me they could not handle. After further questioning, he advised that it would cost $11 for postage. I gave him $15, hoping that the extra few dollars would be appreciated and ensure that the envelope would be mailed. I was unable to obtain a receipt. Three weeks later, I have yet to receive my envelope, although a postcard mailed earlier that week from Havana, Cuba (a country with which the US does not even have diplomatic relations) was received within a week of mailing.

The grounds and facility are beautiful, but the service was substandard. I would recommend the property based on the outstanding facilities, but with a warning about the service received during my visit.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business