“muy bien”

Live Aqua Beach Resort Cancun
Ranked #4 of 177 Hotels in Cancun
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed March 6, 2010

wast there with wife and looking for a quiet time to get away; no loud kids, drunken college kids or party scenes. This is the place to be. if your looking for all inclusive place, this may not be the choice. the hotel is very clean and simply decorated. it makes ppl relax and free from typical hotel scenes. view from our room was priceless and the swimming pools are blended into the ocean near by. they do offer 2 heated pools and a jacuzzi just incase. basically the property has all the right amenenities/ hardwares. the resturant MB on the property was by far the highlight among our meals in cancun. it was relaxing, casual yet very neat, and well prepared. per my wife, got to try the MANGO MOUSSE for dessert. my lobster linguinie knocked me over. it has all the right flavor and wasnt too heavy in taste. overall the service was great. I would come back to the restaurant next time back in cancun.

the staffs was friendly and helpful except minor language issues. Consumption is a bit pricy but we knew that when we booked the hotel so we dont run into ppl looking for a cheap drunk on the property. If you and your significant other(s) are looking for a peaceful and quiet hotel to stay, Aqua is a great pick.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (9,611)

Reviewed March 6, 2010

My wife and I visited Aqua 18 months ago for the first time. We were walking by in September and no one was in Cancun. The facility was impressive and it stayed in our minds. We went to book another stay at Casa Magna but they were full with a medical convention so we tried Expedia for Aqua reservations for 8 days and we booked it.
The Hotel is absolutely terrific. Great Concierge service, fantastic pool service, the best location in the hotel zone, very good food(absolutely get the 25% discount deal), and the help can't do enough for you.
It was very relaxing and the demographic was broad. We are in our sixties.
The rooms were all we could ask for with a marvelous view of the beach pools and ocean. It is fun to just sit with a glass of wine out on your balcony and take it all in.
We have been to Cancun six times, and we have visited most of the hotels and resorts up and down the hotel zone and continue to do so with the new ones as they open. Up till now we thought that Marriott offered the best experience and value add in the area but Aqua in our opinion is the has surpassed them. Can't wait to return.

Reviewed March 3, 2010

Me and my girlfriend went on a weekend getaway for her birthday on the last week of February (We are in our mid-twenties). We chose AQUA based on the reviews we read here on TripAdvisor. The hotel was beautiful and unique. The minute you walk in, the staff will greet you and take you to a sitting area. They have water-features all over the place. They'll have a staff member take your luggage for you. Someone will come by and offer you a hand massage (don't forget to tip) and check-in is fast and easy. They really make you feel special here. Then, another staff member will talk to you about the hotel along with a hotel brochure, its amenities, about the different tours you can take (they have their own tour representative there from 8am-8pm if you want to book your tours with them), and any questions you may have. Then a "bell-boy" will take you & your luggage(s) to your hotel room (don't forget to tip). The good thing about this hotel is that every room faces the beach/pool areas. They do have rooms though, that face the beach but not the pools (on the outer-both sides of the hotel). The hallways open up towards the Nachupte Lagoon with floor-to-ceiling windows, (you will see a nice view of La Isla Mall across the street). All deluxe ocean-view rooms, I think, have ceramic-tile floors, walk-in shower, a bathtub, flat-screen TV, refrigerator, and a nice-sized balcony. Don't worry about a "safe/safety box", they have one in every room and its free. Beds are comfortable, the bathroom was awesome with a window that opens up towards your bed and balcony. Very unique. We paid around $1,100.00 for a 4-night stay through ORBITZ (deluxe oceanview room).

~ There is relaxation/zen/soothing type music that plays throughout the hotel continuously (from the moment you walk-in and even in the pool areas
~ There is a scent (like an aroma-therapy) everywhere in the hotel.
~ They do have an internet area and/or internet access [Wi-Fi] (you get to choose how you want to pay). Either in cash (we paid around $21.00 USD for 24-hours which you use up ONLY when you are actually logged-in to the internet, NOT 24-hours from the time you purchased it, which can last you about 3-5 days depending on how much you need the internet) or credit card.
~ "Siete" restaurant has one of the best breakfast I've ever had (From beef-tips, all types of bread and sauces, sushi, to your regular sausage, eggs, and omelets). It's about $25.00 per person. But the hotel had a 25% off promotion on all restaurants, drinks, and spa when we stayed. So our total was around $35.00. Plus, you get a view of the beach, just ask for it.
~ "MB" restaurant is your typical upscale restaurant. Ambient-atmosphere, high-class service and dishes. I do recommend it for those wanting a romantic dinner.
~ There is Azur Restaurant (right on the beach and pool area), EGOS bar, and AKA Bar. I can't really comment on these because we never used it. But I did pass by EGOS bar and it looked really cool (gold beads hanging from the ceiling and ying-yang color coded seats in the patio area).
~ They have 8 pools. The infinity pool is cool (but freezing), a big-curved-rectangular blue pool which I thought was the best out of all. There is a shallow part (you can walk across it which only goes up to your ankles) and a deep part (only 4 feet deep). There is pool service and unlimited towels. The pools open from 7am-8pm (if I'm not mistaken).

~ One thing I do have to mention is: I noticed that even when your door is closed in your hotel room, you can hear practically everything outside from doors slamming, people talking in the hallways, the occasional housekeeper rolling a heavy-duty cart. But it's nothing major. It happens in every hotel you end-up staying in.

Overall, this hotel exceeded my expectations. The whole hotel is practically a giant spa. There is always a staff member willing to help you. Best of all, its right across from La Isla Mall (which is currently adding more stores). Convenient for getting snacks, water, souvenirs, etc. It is also right in the middle of the Hotel Zone. I HIGHLY recommend this hotel for those people on a romantic getaway or for those who just want to relax!

4  Thank Jajo_Roxy
Reviewed March 3, 2010

My husband and I just returned from a 3 night stay at the Aqua Cancun. We were quite happy with our decision to stay there instead of the Ritz or the JW Marriott. Check-in was hassle free and relaxing (the hand massage and comfortable couches were a nice touch). I was personally escorted up to my room and given a tour of the Club Lounge. The pools were beautiful. Poolside drink service was slow at times but prompt at times. The spa was beautiful, and I had a great massage. There is an outdoor spa, which I didn't know prior to going. I didn't use the outdoor spa. THere is also an outdoor yoga area with a private pool. Again, I didn't use that. The grounds and design of the hotel are very nice. The service was great at all times. I had lunch twice at Azur. The food was good, although slightly overpriced. Dinner at MB was fantastic. Siete was closed while I was there, which was a bit disappointing. Everything is very expensive, but it's on par with what other nice hotels in the Carribean charge. So, it wasn't surprising to me at all. If you want a nice experience, you've gotta pay for it! We were on the Club Floor, and we liked having hte extra amenities. Breakfast was served in teh Club Lounge, as was tea and cookies in the late afternooon, and then cocktail hour offered a full bar and hors d'oeurves. Anyway, I mostly stuck to the hotel grounds, as I wasn't really interested in experiencing whatever else Cancun had to offer. That said, we dined at the Thai Lounge across the street in the La Isla mall, and it was very good. The Aqua made our reservation for us, and we got a fantastic "table" (actually a lounge bed thing). The hotel also steered us toward La Distilleria for Mexican food (since Siete was closed) . . . not a good recommendation. Everything else, though, was spot on. Oh, my first room on the Club Floor was right be the elevator and quite loud (and next door to a room with 2 small kids), and I asked to get a new room, and it was done. Within an hour, no questions asked. I didn't use the fitness center, but it looked quite nice compared to fitness centers in other hotels. All in all, beautiful property, very relaxing, great service, good food, and I'd go back.

Reviewed March 2, 2010

My husband and I decided to take a week long vacation to escape the New York winter! Aqua seemed like just the right fit for us, and for the most part it was everything we wanted and more. Upon arrival, you are brought to a comfortable, soothing lobby with water features, comfortable couches, and yummy iced tea. No issues with check-in-it was pretty easy and fairly efficient. Our room was a king ocean view, which honestly had a great view! The room was beautiful, and smelled even better. The ocean view rooms also have decent sized balconies, as they are at an angle. The only issue we had with our room was the water pressure in the shower. It was as though someone was taking a small ladle and dumping it on your head. As I wasn't sure if this was standard for the hotel, or just in our room, maintenance came and assessed the shower. Long story short, it wasn't able to be fixed right away, and we were given an upgrade to an oceanfront room, which was as beautiful as our first room, only with a spectacular view and better water pressure! I will mention upfront that the staff here is very attentive. If there is an issue, they will deal with it and follow up on your concerns. After staying at other similarly rated resorts, I was not expecting the level of follow up that this hotel exemplified. There is a small minibar in the room, with expensive food and drink that we didn't dare breathe on, for fear of having to pay $20 for a Snickers bar. This was our first trip to Cancun, and I think both my husband and I were expecting food and drink prices to be cheaper than what they were. If it is possible, as other reviews have mentioned, take the bus to a mall/store in downtown and get all your drinks and snacks there. As an example, a couple drinks, couple quesadillas...and you have yourself a $50 bill. It definitely adds up quickly. There is La Isla mall across the street, which has a plentiful assortment of restaurants and some good shopping. This food isn't much cheaper than the resort's food, however. We asked the concierge for their personal opinions regarding good food at a reasonable rate (for dinner). We were not disappointed with their suggestions. The pools here are breathtaking, and really make this resort stand out, I believe. No need for the early morning chair game...you could pretty much get "ideal sunbathing spots" at any time of day. We highly recommend the spa...I had a facial and my husband had a massage...both well worth it. You get to use the spa facilities for the entire day if you have a treatment, which is nice. I also want to mention the gym, which had some of the nicest treadmills I have ever seen at a resort (or my local gym for that matter). The beach here was nice, beautiful shade of turquoise water with white sand. This hotel is not all that close to the bar/club scene, so if that is what you are looking for, this may not be the place for you. If relaxation, calm, and a higher-end hotel experience is what you are looking for, this is definitely the place. The only problem I had with this resort were the prices of food and drink. Although I guess all nice things come with a price tag! Enjoy this resort, you will not regret your decision to stay here!

1  Thank NY1124
Reviewed March 2, 2010

Loved this amazing resort! From the moment you check-in (welcome hand massage included) to the moment you check out - that's the hard part, having to leave this resort and going back to the real world! Amazing food (best seafood I ever had), great Spa, wonderful rooms, very attentive staff without being intrusive. Seafood buffet was out of this world! MB Restaurant was impeccable. The infinity swimming pools are just gorgeous... they relax you by just looking at them. Can't wait to go back!

3  Thank LUXHEAD
Reviewed February 27, 2010

Just returned last night. If you check into the Aqua, you will find a beautiful and modern hotel with truly a friendly and outstanding staff. And if you don't mind paying approximately $5.00 for a can of coke, $10.00 for a drink, $3.00 for a cup of coffee, $3.50 for a small bottle of water and $12.00-$20.00 for breakfast, you will enjoy this hotel. Having said that, I recommend you have dinner one night in their MB restaurant-the food and service was worth the price. I also recommend stocking up on soft drinks and snacks from the mall across the street and take the bus into Cancun proper for extras. Lastly, unless you are intent on being close to Cancun, look for an all inclusive resort such as the Barcelo Maya on the Riviera Maya. We have been there twice-its outstanding.