Our last trip to the Aqua was in August and we're headed back again next month. This will be our 10th stay at the hotel, and we've been fans since the first opening and the reopening after Hurricane Wilma. Many don't know the hotel was gutted during Hurricane Wilma with nothing but the concrete shell standing. Interesting fact, hotels on both sides were completely leveled and bulldozed after the storm, and only now has there been a Westin built on one side of the Aqua.
Everything in the Aqua is crisp, clean and new, and as you've read it has a spa vibe and you have to enjoy that vibe in order to enjoy your stay. It smells like a spa throughout, it looks like a spa and the music around the pool has a cool, relaxing vibe. May not work for everyone, but it's what we enjoy.
Staff is attentive and as helpful as any other 4 star hotel in Cancun. Food at the pool restaurant is good and we frequent it, but we generally go out for dinner and haven't dined in the other restaurants. They are high end, and generally a bit formal for our taste.
We've stayed in every room type available and we prefer the Aqua Suite (1200 sq. ft) over all others including the Presidential Suite, but even the ocean view rooms are nice with either balconies or a terrace.
There are multiple pools with different temps, depths and purposes. We prefer the pool that has a bar attached to it for obvious reasons. Beach area is great with beds, palapas and covered beds on multiple tiers leading to the sand.
This is a high end hotel for Cancun. They don't allow troublemakers, spring breakers or unescorted kids. There are families, but it's generally a late 20's to early 50's crowd.
I'll update after our Feb. stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Live Aqua Cancun, a welcoming place, where being is the first part of feeling. Your senses work together. It's a prism of colors, eclectic rhythms, and seductive details. Enjoy the fusion of idyllic days and energizing nights. It is a monument to your arrival to this Cancun Spa Resort. This sophisticated beachfront resort lies along white sand beaches, across the street from La Isla Shopping Mall and walking distance from some of the best restaurants and shopping malls in the city. Exotic drinks, barefoot luxury and activities overlooking the resort's 8 infinity pools are just part of the exquisite details within our All Inclusive concept. Music worships you at every step, with changes in rhythms that match the emotions you feel and the space around you. The sound is never the same, but always relaxing, exciting and harmonic. Arriving, leaving, just belonging makes you sigh with peace. The Aqua aroma seeps into every nook and cranny up to the sky, down to the sea. Return to yourself. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Live Aqua Beach Resort Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Live Aqua Cancun All Inclusive Hotel Cancun
- Cancun Aqua Hotel
- Aqua Hotel Cancun
- Fiesta Americana Grand Aqua