My wife and I just returned from the Fiestamericana Grand Aqua Hotel in Cancun Mexico. We’ve been to Cancun 5 times and previously stayed at the Fiestamericana Grand Coral Beach (which we loved) but we decided to try the Aqua this time. So glad that we did. The Aqua is the coolest hotel in hot Cancun. The Aqua is a beautifully detailed modern hotel . It’s sleek, sophisticated, and beautiful.
Walking into the building is like walking into a beautiful spa. They manage to keep a spa like aroma in the air that meets you as you step in the door and follows you to your room. They do not play the typical Mexican music at the hotel. The hotel pipes beautiful contemporary spa like music within the hotel. It both excites and relaxes you at the same time.
The rooms are butifully modern and sleek with flat screen TV, dark wood trim and marble. The bed was beautiful and comfortable. The room also comes with a DVD player and IPOD doc with speakers so you can play your own movies and music. My wife and I brought our SADE concert DVD and played it one night (very romantic). The hotel provides an oil burner, oils and candles which you can light in the room to help set the mood. You can choose from a menu of scents (relax, romance, energize). They also set it up for you as part of the turn down service. When you return to your room in the evening it smells incredible.
The pools were also beautiful. 7 connected heated pools with different temperature settings and you feel them as you move from pool to pool. I though this would be strange in a tropical climate but I was wrong. When I put my foot in I did not get that cold shock that you normally feel. The temperature was set be perfectly comfortable as you step in. One of the pools was an infinity pool that seemed to spill out over into the ocean. We spent most of our time in that pool because of the beautiful view of the beach. The pools were surrounded by comfortable lounge chairs, umbrellas and cabanas (covered king sized beds). The cabanas must be reserved for the day at $100 (US). We rented one on our first day. The $100 included the cabana, a 20 minute foot massage, fruit, 2 large bottles of water with ice, tropical smoothie drinks and desert. The price seems steep but I enjoyed it and thought it was a nice experience worth the price. The rest of the week we used the lounge chairs which were also nice. My wife and I would get up early pick the best spot at the pool and then go for a walk on the beach. I think the people wondered how we always had the best spot. The hotel played very cool smooth acid jazz music by the pool day and night. Night time at the pool was magical. The pools were beautifully lit at night. The way they lit the pools made the water glow. My wife and I would go to the pool at night for a swim. Very few people were doing this so you almost had the pool all to yourself. The sound of the ocean, the cool breeze, the music and solitude were incredible. Did I mention that the pools were heated?
The food at Aqua was also incredible. The breakfast buffet was dangerous. Besides the usual breakfast goodies I had things like steak and lamb chops. We only ate there twice, anymore and I would have had to pay extra weight charge to fly back home (had to pay extra $25 for a 3rd bag – thanks Continental). We also ate at their signature restaurant “MB”. Iron Chef Michele Bernstein created the restaurant and menu for Aqua. If this restaurant was in NYC you would not be able to get a table there. The restaurant was stylish and beautiful and the food was delicious.
The SPA was also beautiful stylish. My wife and I enjoyed a couple’s massage. We tried all of the spas services, steam room, sauna, whirlpool tubs. Again very nice. I used the gym several days which was free. They had brand new modern equipment, treadmills with TV screens and IPOD connections.
The best part of this hotel was its people. All of the above would have been nothing without the wonderful people working at the hotel. I love going to Cancun mainly because of its people. They take great care of their guests . God bless Mexico and the Mexican people. To sum it all up WOW. I hope to return again one day to Cancun and stay at the Aqua .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Live Aqua Cancun, a welcoming place, where being is the first part of feeling. Your senses work together. It's a prism of colors, eclectic rhythms, and seductive details. Enjoy the fusion of idyllic days and energizing nights. It is a monument to your arrival to this Cancun Spa Resort. This sophisticated beachfront resort lies along white sand beaches, across the street from La Isla Shopping Mall and walking distance from some of the best restaurants and shopping malls in the city. Exotic drinks, barefoot luxury and activities overlooking the resort's 8 infinity pools are just part of the exquisite details within our All Inclusive concept. Music worships you at every step, with changes in rhythms that match the emotions you feel and the space around you. The sound is never the same, but always relaxing, exciting and harmonic. Arriving, leaving, just belonging makes you sigh with peace. The Aqua aroma seeps into every nook and cranny up to the sky, down to the sea. Return to yourself. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Odigeo, Despegar.com, getaroom.com, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Live Aqua Cancun All Inclusive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Live Aqua Cancun All Inclusive Hotel Cancun
- Cancun Aqua Hotel
- Aqua Hotel Cancun
- Fiesta Americana Grand Aqua