My husband and I visited the Aqua in late February. We, too, had read many of the mixed and bad reviews along with the glowing ones. We are so glad we were not deterred by some of the negative comments. The Aqua is a lovely hotel. I knew we were in for a relaxing stay when we were greeted with ice-cold, fresh lemon-scented hand towels in the lobby. Very refreshing after a long flight! Although we had to wait for our room upon check-in (we were sent to the spa were we could shower and change), we were very pleased with our accomodations. Very clean and contemporary. (I am not easy to please when it comes to hotel rooms, FYI) The beds are ultra comfy and we had a pillow menu along with the candle menu. Robes and slippers are definite essentials with the cool marble floors and sunburn!
But the best part of the hotel is the pool and beach!!! My husband and I walked to JW Marriot because of the great reviews there. Although beautiful, we much preferred the outdoor amenities at the Aqua. Those that comment on the dangerous ocean baffle me. Swimming in the ocean was our favorite part! Perfect for body surfing and the like. Lifeguard has you swim where it is safest and there are ropes that mark the perimeter of the hotel swimming area.
I hesitated to write a review, because I'd like to keep this place a secret. Breakfast is incredible, Chips and guac, with a margarita at the pool can't be beat! Don't miss dinner at Cambalache a short cab ride away. Best beef tenderloin and steak that we have ever eaten. We will be visiting the Aqua again soon! No one ever took advantage of us with regard to the shade cabanas. We were completely pampered by the staff!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Live Aqua Cancun, a welcoming place, where being is the first part of feeling. Your senses work together. It's a prism of colors, eclectic rhythms, and seductive details. Enjoy the fusion of idyllic days and energizing nights. It is a monument to your arrival to this Cancun Spa Resort. This sophisticated beachfront resort lies along white sand beaches, across the street from La Isla Shopping Mall and walking distance from some of the best restaurants and shopping malls in the city. Exotic drinks, barefoot luxury and activities overlooking the resort's 8 infinity pools are just part of the exquisite details within our All Inclusive concept. Music worships you at every step, with changes in rhythms that match the emotions you feel and the space around you. The sound is never the same, but always relaxing, exciting and harmonic. Arriving, leaving, just belonging makes you sigh with peace. The Aqua aroma seeps into every nook and cranny up to the sky, down to the sea. Return to yourself. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, HotelsClick, HotelsforEveryone, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Live Aqua Beach Resort Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Live Aqua Cancun All Inclusive Hotel Cancun
- Cancun Aqua Hotel
- Aqua Hotel Cancun
- Fiesta Americana Grand Aqua