“One Word, Awesome!”

Live Aqua Beach Resort Cancun
Ranked #4 of 176 Hotels in Cancun
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed August 29, 2014 via mobile

We came here because our travel agent recommended it for honeymooners that want to relax and eat well. My wife and I have to say that this resort fell nothing short of awesome. The room service was on point, the spa was excellent and relaxing, having both massage services and spa relaxation services. We reserved the Aqua Suite upgrade, and it was well worth it!! Being able to rent a cabana every day with a 20 minutes foot massage was excellent. Go next to the Sea corner restaurant and ask for Amanieal. His service was matched only by the service we got at MB restaurant. Oswaldo introduced us to his friend, and our new friend, Edson. Edson took very good care of us, along with Alejandro and Chef Gabriel Leon. They made dinner a memorable and capped off an already 5 star experience. If you are looking for cleanliness, great value, pleasant staff, beautiful beaches, refreshing (not ice cold) and clean pools, and a relaxing experience, Live Aqua Cancun is your destination.

• Stayed: August 2014
3  Thank Christopher H
Alfredo S, General Manager at Live Aqua Beach Resort Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review. It is a pleasure for me to know that your experience at Live Aqua Cancun exceeded your expectations; our number one priority is to make every guest experience exceptional and unique as it can be, thank you for letting us know how memorable and special your staying with us was.

It will be an honor to have you as our guest again, please do not hesitate to contact us if you require any assistance for your next stay.

There are newer reviews for Live Aqua Beach Resort Cancun

Reviewed August 29, 2014

I booked through Travelocity.Com after a lot of research. Expedia and Travelocity offer the same prices. CheapCaribbean seems to be a bit more expensive. We paid $3600 for 3 persons, 5 nights with flight included from Atlanta, Georgia (direct) for an ocean-front bedroom. You can get it cheaper if you book at least 3 months in advance. We booked only 2 weeks in advance.

WEATHER: Do not let the weather forecast for RAIN or THUNDERSTORM scare you. The weather forecast predicted 60% or more chances of rain for us in August but it did NOT rain there.

PRICE: Prices vary a lot depending WHEN you book your vacation. If certain price is too high from Expedia or Travelocity, TRY CHANGING THE DATES. Flight rates fluctuate a lot depending on dates.

THIS IS AN ALL-INCLUSIVE ONLY, ADULT ONLY property.

FOOD: Restaurante Azur Cenas was great. The last night, the chef made us SPECIAL dinner for free. His name is Francisco Cruz. The food was AMAZING. Enrique (the waiter) and Monzemat (the hostess) were also very kind, attentive and offered great service. Other than Azur, there are at least 5 other restaurants to choose from. The food is fairly good - not excellent, but I do have very high standards for food. They have Italian, Mexican, sushi, international menu, and Asian fusion. THe breakfast buffet has a lot of variety.

SERVICE: I give them 5 stars here. THe service is EXCELLENT. They clean you room TWICE (morning and night). They ask how you are doing, how your stay has been, they are quick to help. I think in terms of service, this place is EXCELLENT. The sushi chef (Javier) and everyone else working at the sushi bar amazed me with their energy, friendliness and attentiveness.

THE BEACH: Beautiful. You will have direct access to the beach, towels, the pools, the cocktails, everything you want.

Room Tip: Pay extra for the ocean front room. It is worth it.
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank Sofia J

Thank you very much for taking your time to share with all of us this review; it’s a privilege to know that Live Aqua Cancun lives up to your expectations in every aspect of the most relaxing vacation: food and beverage selection, facilities and comfort of your room, and certainly, the service, which is the greatest and probably most important element of our resort.

We are looking forward to your next visit; do not hesitate to contact us for any pre-arrival arrangement.

Reviewed August 29, 2014

When I booked this hotel. I wanted a 5-Star Experience, a place where I have no worries, no noise from kids, and a romantic time. Unfortunately, I did not receive all of that. The hotel had great ratings and so I went for it and paid premium rate for it. There were some pros and cons with this hotel. The pros- The hotel dining experience was great. The food was awesome, great restaurants, in- room dinning was prompt and professional. The hotel views were great both from the room and from the pools. Now the cons- the hotel- in room cleaning was horrible. Very often, they wouldn't clean the room, provide new towels or put fresh soaps and shampoos. Twice, my wife and I would come back from the beach to shower around 4pm we would come to the same room we left it in. There were no fresh towels, soaps or linens. This was an inconvenience, and not worthy of 5 star. When I called the front desk to tell them, they offered to send someone; thats nice, but I shouldnt be doing that at all and where would I go while I wait for the cleaning. My room had a mini bar- but was not stocked with any wine bottles like other 5 star hotels. It was just stocked with just sodas and beer. Instead, they told me I have to call to get a glass of wine. The previous 5 star hotels Ive stayed at, ALWAYS had clean fresh linens, towels and soaps. The towels by pools were a disaster as well. People would often put their towels on chairs and reserve several seats and it would take hours before they come back, thats if they do. Other hotels I've stayed at, they would assign people to go around and if a seat has towels that wasnt utilized for a while, they would collect those towels- but not this hotel. In addition, there were not any activities in this hotel in the evenings unlike other hotels. When I asked if there were, they told us to go to Coco bongo in the evenings. Another problem I experienced was that many of the maids or waiters didnt understand English. I understand I was in Mexica and the native language is Spanish, but ALL tourists know English- atleast basics. On our last day, the front desk called us to give us our welcome package- thats after 7 days! Being on our honey moon- I regret picking this hotel to stay at and wish I had chose a different 5 star hotel that would not frustrate me as this

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
6  Thank mswassif

Thank you very much for taking your time to share with all of us this review, your feedback is very important for us and it is my regret that we were not able to meet your expectations, one of our main objectives is the satisfaction of our guests with the quality on the food and the service. More than any other aspect of our business it is our service we take great pride in. We have been recognized by almost all our TripAdvisor reviewers, as one of the hotels with the best staff in Cancun; I regret that service received during your vacation did not live up to the expectations of luxurious and relaxing experience. I can assure you that every constructive criticism you’ve shared with us has been taken very seriously by our team in order to keep standards, expected by our guests on the highest level, ensuring your satisfaction.

Thank you for adding very generous remarks of the positive sides of your stay with us and mentioning the services that made your stay more comfortable. I remain at your service if there is ever anything I can do for you in the future.

Reviewed August 28, 2014 via mobile

Great hotel, great service, best dinner , Carlos the restaurant manager, chef : Joaquin and Francisco , waiters Tonyo and Luis , they all provided an excellent service and superb attitude , very professional and attention to details , Jonathan the beach waiter will go out of his way to accommodate you

Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank Ashraf S
Reviewed August 28, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at the LA from 8-19 to 8-26. This was our 5th time in Cancun/Riviera Maya. We went with another couple as well, his first time and her 2nd.

Of all the resorts we stayed at this takes the overall rating from where we have stayed at before. (Moon palace, crown paradise, riu cancun, valentin imperial maya) The resort location was excellent. We were directly across the street from a
shopping mall called La Isla. It had a good mix of shops to visit. We were about 1 mile from coco bongo etc but we never walked there as we had been there before. If you are looking for a place thats close to all this I would recommend the LA.

SERVICE:
It was excellent. The staff was very friendly and helpful all of the time. Pool side and beach side staff would check on you at least 2 times an hour to see if you needed anything. We mostly stayed at the pool with the swim up bar. (Pool club) The staff there was great. Alexis, David and Alejandro were the best and would have another drink for us when we finished one. Our rooms were cleaned, stocked and turned down every day, kudos to house keeping! Raquel and Rubi, the activities ladies were awesome, we played beach volleyball almost everyday. They were not pushy either about trying to get us to go to coco bongo or daddy o's. They only asked us a few times and would never push the issue. The pools were cleaned daily and kept at a good temperature. The grounds were maintained very well too.

FOOD:
The food was not great but good. The hidden gardens restaurant had the best appetizers but horrible main dishes. Azure was average. Siete was good and you had the choice of the buffet or traditional mexican cuisine or the combo of both. We ate there twice for dinner and loved the food. The lunch and breakfast buffet was good as well. I was a little bummed that they didnt have bacon at the buffet for breakfast. MB was the best place to dine. Excellent food and staff! In room dining was good and i could get my bacon that way. Always with in the time frame of when they said it was going to arrive. One issue was for breakfast we ordered pancakes but they didnt bring any syrup, it took them another 20 minutes to bring that back up. Pool side dining was good. You could ask any of the wait staff to place an order. Always good and arrived in a timely manner as well.

ROOMS:
We stayed on the 9th floor ocean view with a king bed. Rooms are spacious and well decorated. Beds are comfortable as well as the pillows. Downside, the bathroom is a little small and not a lot of counter space. We lost water pressure one day while i was shaving but other than that it was good and water stayed
hot. The 9th floor was very quiet and offered the best view of the beach and resort.

POOLS:
There was quite a few pools to choose from. We stayed at the swim up bar pool most of the time. In that section the beds with umbrellas are free to get, in the other ares they cost to reserve it. The resort didnt seem busy and we never had an issue getting a bed by the pool. The main pool water was alot warmer than the other pools which made it not feel refreshing when we took a dip in the water.

One issue was there was a doctors convention that took place from 8-21 to 8-24. Mostly a non issue but while at the egos bar there was a highly intoxicated doctor that was causing some issues. And some of their activities were a little loud. The aroma therapy is a little strong through out the resort but not overwhelming. I also wish there was some more nightly activities to do as well.

OVERALL PROS AND CONS:
Great location, great beach, great service, great rooms, great pools.

Average food, no nightly activities, small bathrooms.

Overall a 4.7 in my book and I would definitely come back to the LA in the future.

• Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed August 28, 2014

The hotel was beautiful, rooms were perfectly air conditioned and clean, wonderful service, great food, amazing views! I can't say enough good things about this place. The workers really make you feel special! Will never stay anywhere else in Cancun!!!!!!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Maribelisse R
Reviewed August 27, 2014

We really enjoyed our stay here!

Pros: This is definitely the best food and drinks that we have had at an all-inclusive hotel. We really did not have a bad meal and the food was really impressive. Another plus is that the service is much more personal than at most all-inclusive hotels. The staff really catered to us and we got to know several of them through our stay. It is not a "mega hotel" so it has a more personal feel. There were always plenty chairs by the pool, never a wait at restaurants (and you don't even have to make reservations at the restaurants in advance which was SO nice and different from other all inclusive hotels). The environment is also very relaxing. The lobby has aromatherapy burners everywhere so it always smells good, and they even give you a burner in your room and you can request an aromatherapy scent. So cool! The wireless internet is free and works well. We had a basic room (no upgrade) and it was nothing over the top but comfortable and what we needed. The bed was really nice (plenty of pillows which I love!), it was clean, the mini fridge is well stocked, the shower/bath had nice hot water, and the AC was always cold! We had a "garden view" which is really a "parking lot" view but at least had a tiny view of the water!

Also want to give a shout out to Ruby who manages activities, to Panchito, Javier and Vanessa at the sushi bar, to Paola and Roberto at the AKA bar, and to Alejandro and Saul at the pool bar. All of them went out of their way to make sure we had a great time! There were a few others that we can't remember their names, but we never had one rude or unpleasant staff member.

Cons: This is ALMOST an "Excellent" rating" but there were just some things a little off. A lot of the fountains were not working or not even filled, and didn't seem to have anyone working on them. It just made it feel somewhat strange with so many amazing experiences but really large fountains (like one in the center of the hotel lobby) not working at all. Although the beach and pools are great, the facility itself does not have a "wow" factor, especially from the lobby area. There is even a nice big balcony off of the lobby that is basically unused and empty. Even though the drinks were great, they don't have drink menus, which I always think is an easy way to give you ideas for new things to try. One of the major downsides of this hotel is NO nightlife. This is the only all inclusive I have been to with no nightly shows or things to do. They say that the focus is on relaxing and not entertainment. But people get bored (others we talked to felt the same way) and they should do more to vary it up even if they don't want to have major shows like most hotels. The only thing they did all week was a casino night which was fine but pretty small. There is a lounge bar that is open late but it's pretty chill and was kind of boring the nights we were here. So overall, very quiet at night and gets kind of boring. We found ourselves going to bed by 10 because there really wasn't anything else to do (they do offer to take you to nightclubs but we didn't want something that extreme...just some fun at the hotel). Also one thing that was odd was they had a big conference with a reception right at the main pool starting around 5 one evening. They brought out DJ, lights, etc. - everyone at the pool got excited thinking they were doing a party for us - but quickly the pool area was overcrowded with business folks for the conference trying to have a professional event mixed with people drinking at the pool. Eventually the staff even started kicking people OUT of the pool. It was really odd at the main pool, not a side area, and was not at all relaxing or appropriate to have an event like that in the middle of a nice evening where guests are enjoying the sunset especially for a hotel that has almost no entertainment because they say they want it to be relaxing. One other odd thing is that when we tried to get suggestions from the concierge for what to do in the area, he tried to sell us on the hotel's timeshare presentation (in a very annoying way, felt like it was his only goal and he reall didn't care about what we wanted to do) and was not at ALL helpful. We had to look online to get suggestions for what to do because the concierge was not willing to do this.

All in all, a great trip - nice for relaxing, no kids so it is great for couples/adults, quiet environment, great food, personal experience. But if you want excitement, entertainment, party - definitely not going to get that here, so just be aware of that.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
9  Thank nikki224
Alfredo S, General Manager at Live Aqua Beach Resort Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2014

I sincerely appreciate your feedback regarding your stay. All guest's reviews allows us the opportunity to improve our services and facilities and we readily welcome both positive and constructive comments. I assure you that there is nothing more important for us as comfort and satisfaction of every person who gives us an honor of being our guest, as part of the group or individual travelers.

Regarding the group in house at the moment of your stay, you as the rest of our guests, are very important no matter what is the business source and we care for you as well as for them, they had a programed event which we had to respect taking care that the music and ambient was not loud enough to disturb the rest of our guests.

Thank you for mentioning the positive sides of your vacation with us and the services that made your stay more comfortable. It will be an honor to be your hosts in the future and change your previous unfavorable impression. I remain at your service if you require any assistance in the future.

Alfredo Santamaria