“Breath taking view and Awesome Accomodations”

Live Aqua Beach Resort Cancun
Ranked #4 of 175 Hotels in Cancun
GreenLeadersGold level
Rapid City, South Dakota
“Breath taking view and Awesome Accomodations”
Reviewed June 23, 2014

We came to Live Aqua for our honeymoon, and it couldn't have been a better choice. We loved every minute we were there. From the awesome hotel staff to the bartenders everyone is very nice. We had an excellent time down at the swing bars and had the best experiences with the bartender Santiago, he is hands down the best person to meet while there. We plan on going back to this resort again as it was probably one of the nicest resorts we have seen in Cancun. MB was excellent we both had the filet mignon and it was the best steak either one of us have ever had, Hidden Garden was also very good but MB was our favorite. Highly recommend Live Aqua for anyone looking for a couples only resort. I will say there were two negatives though, we requested a king bed but they had none available for us when we arrived. So we had 2 full/ queen size beds, which was a bummer but once we got past that, everything else was very nice and relaxing. Also, the floors are all tile in the hallways because of humidity so you can hear people at all hours walking by. Bars are awesome, stocked with top shelf liquor that make for a very good and fun experience. Top notch mall is right across the street with very fancy stores but also has cheap stores for souvenirs. 24/7 included room service was a very nice plus!

Room Tip: Keep in mind we requested a king size bed but it's not guaranteed, but ocean view was excellent...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Cheyenne P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,616)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Plano, Texas
Reviewed June 22, 2014

we went there for our fist anniversary we had no idea how it would be we just booked it on Expedia and since it was all inclusive we liked it because we could stay at hotel and have not leave for food or beverage. the hotel is amazingly beautiful and peaceful. it has 3-4 different restaurant 2 bars plus a poolside bar and restaurant so you can eat and drink by the pool. our room was ocean view which was amazing. we even get a good deal for snorkeling at the hotel lobby and we enjoyed it a lot. food was great breakfast was amazing you can ask them to make omelets or whatever you want ,so many options. very nice staff polite and helpful.hotel is so close to shopping centers.do not miss this hotel we will definitely get back.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Pegah A
toronto
Reviewed June 22, 2014

My wife and I were at this resort last January (2014). I was so impressed that not only am I booking again this October (2014) but next January again (2015).

My wife absolutely loved the spa and the gym. Let me preface by saying I have no use for the gym. lol, but I was impressed by the food.

The resort has too many pluses - it's right across the street from La Isla, the beach hasn't eroded to the sea wall, the rooms are functional, minimalist but very nice, the service at all the restaurants are top notch, the entire place smells like a spa.

I wanted to book at The Royal for the October trip but then found out Hyatt took over and the short answer to that would be no. I wanted to try Secrets The Vine again but my better half vetoed that for this property.

I absolutely love Cancun and have been a frequent guest to the city since the 90s - by far, this is the best resort I've stayed at.

Room Tip: North end gets direct sun all day after 11am
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
7 Thank healer677
Alfredo S, General Manager at Live Aqua Beach Resort Cancun, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Thank you for sharing your review, we really appreciate your loyalty to our hotel. Comments like yours motivate us constantly to do our best to maintain the quality of the service we provide and to improve every day. For us is really important your feedback and is heart warming to realize that our dedication is in the right path, as our goal is not only to make our guests return but to make them feel more comfortable each time and to notice the improvements in our services.

Thank you again for your wonderful review, our entire team is looking forward to welcome you back to your home away from home, ready to make every effort to provide you with another pleasurable experience.

Warmest regards,

Westminster, Colorado
Reviewed June 21, 2014

This was our second time staying here. Everything about Live Aqua is so relaxing. The food is delicious, the rooms are comfortable, the drinks are plentiful, and the staff is more than accomodating! Luis was an awesome waiter during both visit and makes everything enjoyable! The bartenders Octavio, Genaro, and Carlos were fun and full of great service! WE WILL BE BACK! Can't wait!!!!

• Stayed June 2014
4 Thank sarahjannette
nyc
Reviewed June 21, 2014

Overall, we had a lovely time at Live Aqua. It was an easy relaxing vacation and the front desk kindly gave us a fantastic ocean front room on the top floor. We never felt pressured to do or pay extra for anything we didn't want.

Memorable pluses: service and attitude from everyone who worked there are really super - always friendly and happy to fulfill any request. Special thanks to Cesar at the bar pool for making our many drinks all week long with always a gracious smile. Particularly enjoyed the breadth of options at the international buffet. In particular, thank you for the healthy options - salads and fresh fruit. based on the layout of the rooms, I would imagine most rooms get a great view. Our beds were very comfortable and we were glad for the robes and constantly stocked mini fridge. Our departing flight was in the evening and we were able to shower in the spa before going to the airport which was great. Beaches were nice and clean.

Areas for improvement: Wished the pool waters were cooler, umbrellas more plentiful and lounge chairs more comfortable. Would have liked to see a poolside menu with some healthy offerings. The specialty restaurants (we tried most of them) were ok to good; some of the dishes we had were too salty so toward the end of our week, we only ate at the buffet restaurant for most meals as we knew we were assured of being satisfied there. The maintenance of the resort could be better executed - you can see where repairs were needed or where repairs done somewhat poorly.

Bottomline, we had a wonderful time - at the end of the day, the service and basics were done really well.

Room Tip: If you are light sleeper, get a room toward to the end of the hall. the walls are thin (I can hear m...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank lwlny
Lincoln, Nebraska
Reviewed June 20, 2014 via mobile

We had a very short stay at this resort. Only two nights and I'm very happy it wasn't longer.
We choose LA simply for its proximity to shopping in cancun and the airport. Plus I great onto a great sale so the price was right.

Check-in
We arrived via private transfer provided by our previous accommodations on Isla.
You pull in and the place looks okay. Two very nice white Bentleys sit outside the lobby. Two "greeters" come out to help with bags and welcome you to the resort. They open the doors for you, set your luggage inside and then go back outside. The second you walk through that door, the most unpleasant powerful strong incense smell slams into your sinuses. It's awful. After returning from the shock of such a strong scent, you look around. Hmmm ok now what? We were just standing there. So We walk up to a desk and ask if it's where we check? Told no it's over there and she points to desks along the wall. We stroll over there and ask to check in. She asks our name. Gives us a form to,sign stating the no smoking policy. (Even on the terrace of your room, if your a smoker that might matter) and then says she has better rooms available and would be happy to book us into one of them rooms for a extra cost. We politely decline. We booked a ocean-view terrace room. We are here for only two days and that will be fine. We tell her that and she rolls her eyes. Continues on about the upgrade, even showing us the rooms on her iPad. No thanks we say. Ok your in room 2001. Here's your keys have a great day. That's all,we got. Not told even how to get to room 2001.
We oddly walked away not sure what to think, still unable to breathe correctly from the overpowering incense, and not knowing how to get to room 2001 we asked a different worker at the first desk we stopped at. She points to a elevator down the hall. We find our room, and sit for almost 2 hours, waiting for our bags to be brought up. After a while longer I called reception and inquired about when they would be brought up. She doesn't know she transfers me to a concierge.
He says he will have them delivered promptly. Thirty minutes later we had our bags.
So check-in was bad.

Other things
we head down to the pool. It's hot. It's the middle of June. A cool pool sounds wonderful. Not at liveAqua though. Because even in June the are ALL heated. None are even remotely cool. They are very warm to hot. Pretty to look at though. The pools are set up nicely and look neat. We quickly exit the entirely to warm pools and look for something cold to drink.
There are plenty of bars but the mixed drinks are crap. Way to sweet. Cheap mixes, cheap watered down liquor. I have 4 different drinks in less then one hour and not even slightly buzzed. At home (and MOST other resorts I have stayed at) I would have been two sheets to the wind. I don't drink, or very very rarely do. Four drinks should have been at least felt. Not at all. On the second day I drank them all day long. Never so much a even a small buzz. Definitely not intoxicated. That's fine though, I don't go to get hammered.

The first meal we had was at the 7 buffet. It was about 3pm by then and everything looked congealed and unappealing. We hadn't ate since 7am that morning though so we tried a few things that looked "safe". We made cold ham and cheese sandwiches and called it good, but even then the ham had a very odd taste so we didn't eat them.
We returned to the hot tub pools and relaxed for a while longer. Had a few more sugar drinks and walked the very pretty beach.
We dressed for dinner and tried the Italian.
We were sat and not greeted for close to 10 mins. Then asked what we wanted to drink. And never informed the menu was in fact on the table on bottles of old wine or something to that effect. We were told when he brought back our very clear ice teas. Hmm, I guess we said ice water. Whatever. We ordered a pizza and spaghetti to share. The spaghetti was okay. It was bland but it was spaghetti. About a half cup sized portion was brought out. Fine. We were sharing a pizza too. Except when it came it was cold and also very bland. Had literally no flavor like Chuck E. Cheese's. Just gross.
So that was our Italian meal, uhh not yummy.
Still hungry we went to the sushi place which isn't even a sit down place. It's like a pop-up By the bar. Sit just anywhere to eat it. It was better then some gas station sushi I guess, maybe.
We didn't try anywhere else that night. Called it a day and went to bed.
We tried 7 for the breakfast buffet in the morning. So ok, yes they make eggs and omelette to order. And they were ok. Come on. It's made to order eggs, hard to screw up. However thats it. Everything else was cold. Or the milk was warm! Juice warm. Pastries hard. Buffet food again congealed and not appetizing at all to look at. Definitely didn't taste good. Blah. Yucky, gross. Exactly how the majority of that meal was described.

We ate lunch at Sea Corner. Again frozen fish and shrimp tacos. Very tasteless ceviche. No lime. No salt. Overpowering cilantro. Again, blah and yucky.
We chilled on the beach for awhile until the vendors got annoying and then back to the hottub pools and more drinks that didn't do anything.

Dinner was at MB. It was OK and that about it. Their newyork strip isn't a strip, at best it's a shoulder steak or maybe a round. But not a strip. And covered in some heavy sauce trying to mask the flavor of very cheap beef. The service that night was good. That's about all I can say overly good about our experience there. That and the pool servers were on it. They worked hard and we're very efficient. But we are good tippers. So maybe that helps.
We had a hamburger ordered form room service later. And it was decent. We ate it. About it. Nothing stood at or was at all fabulous about the food there. Very very sub-par.

Check-out
We called the night before at close to 9pm and asked for a cab to be called and ready at 6am. Ok they said no problem. Called again at five A.M to remind them. Ok no problem. Go to the lobby at 545 to checkout and ask if the taxi was called. All we got was a dumb look. And then she said she would call a taxi. It got there at 6:20. Thanks guys.
To sum it up.
The service was terrible most everywhere.
The whole resort has a very odd, sterile, white vibe. Like a psychiatric ward in a hospital or something.
I wouldn't stay here again if I were paid to. We tried it and didn't like it. I honestly can't see and don't understand how it's rated so highly.
Happy travels all.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
16 Thank jleigh81
Thank you very much for taking your time to share with all of us this review, your feedback is very important for us and it is my regret that we were not able to meet your expectations, one of our main objectives is the satisfaction of our guests with the quality on the food and the service. I apologize for the frustrating experience upon your arrival and inconveniences caused to you. Although many travelers find Live Aqua Cancun to be a great place for romantic and relaxing getaway, with excellent food options and outstanding service, I do understand that the concept of our hotel does not suit your kind of lifestyle.

Thank you for adding very generous remarks of the positive sides of your vacation with us and mentioning the services that made your stay more comfortable.

I remain at your service if there is ever anything I can do for you in the future.

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed June 20, 2014

We stayed here for 4 nights and it was the most relaxing and amazing time possible, good call on the adults only hotel. The staff here are so friendly and accommodating. My favorite staff member was Vanessa who worked at the Sushi station in the hotel. Not only did she always greet you with a smile and wonderful attitude, she even went out of her way one night to find us some off the menu desserts to take to the pool to have as an after dinner snack. She was our favorite staff member and made us a special goodbye sushi which was so yummy. Everyone here was so great and the hotel was BEAUTIFUL. It smells just like a spa when you walk in since they have aroma therapy all throughout the hotel and even the room. The Hidden Garden was our favorite restaurant but every place we tried in there like 10 restaurants were tasty. Do have to say we miss Vanessa and can't wait for our trip back. Live Aqua has thought of it all and our stay was all we could ask for!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank Oscar1331
Thank you for sharing your review of your recent stay in Live Aqua Cancun. We're happy to hear we exceeded your expectations and we were able to provide a fantastic stay for you. We strive to distinguish our service by giving importance to little details and anticipation of our guests’ needs and desires and it's wonderful to know that it made your vacation a truly unique experience. I have already passed my congratulations to Vanessa for the exceptional service provided to you.

We are looking forward to welcome you back on many future occasions, which we will be happy to make very special for you.

Warmest regards,