“Incredible!!!”

GreenLeadersGold level
Dallas, Texas
“Incredible!!!”
Reviewed May 9, 2014

My fiance and I were there for 5 days at the end of April and we had such a great time. Everything about the resort is top notch - the grounds, beach, facilities, staff, food, drinks - everything! We would highly recommend Live Aqua to anyone looking for an all-inclusive vacation in Cancun. There is definitely a reason that this resort has been rated as one of the best, if not THE BEST all-inclusive resort in Mexico.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Chase B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,615)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
New York City, New York
Reviewed May 8, 2014

My husband and I are what you would consider "travel snobs". We have been to 36 countries and stayed in such hotels as Marina Sands Bay in Singapore and Du Palais in Biarritz. I am a part owner of a travel agency. When my travel agent partner suggested an "All-Inclusive" Live Aqua for a four day get-away, I wrinkled my nose. Since the reviews were so good, we decided to give it a try. It was a very pleasant surprise and we would be happy to come back and to recommend the resort to clients. The hotel and the grounds are immaculate and the rooms are spacious. For just a bit more money, if you stay on the 5th floor or higher, you get a ton of amenities including a personal concierge. The service is impeccable. You never have to wait for more than 5 minutes for any request and everyone is genuinely happy to help. Every person takes great pride in their job and in the hotel. I want to especially mention our concierge Nancy and Fernanda. They were ultra professional, knowledgeable and truly caring. When we wanted tickets to a Bon Jovi concert in another hotel, Nancy went on her own time to get them. We practically had a front row seat. That is service!
The food is fine. I think it is ridiculous to expect the food to be extra-ordinary at an all inclusive resort, but it was fresh and pretty good; different in every one of the restaurants. Besides, the liquor is premium and plentiful!
We really relaxed and enjoyed ourselves. This was the goal of a get-away; mission accomplished.

Room Tip: Do spend a little more to get an ocean room view on the 5th floor or higher. It is worth the money.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank BOGEERA
Alfredo S, General Manager at Live Aqua Beach Resort Cancun, responded to this review, May 14, 2014
Thank you very much for sharing your wonderful review, which help all the TripAdvisor community to make the right decision when it comes to choosing the ideal resort for your vacation. It’s a pleasure to know that this experience was a very positive one, highlighted by our great service and selection of food. I am sure that your feedback will serve as an encouragement to our team, as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Thank you again for all your kind comments. We are looking forward to your next visit, do not hesitate to contact us for any pre-arrival arrangement.

Warmest regards,

Alfredo Santamaría
london
Reviewed May 8, 2014

Myself and my daughter stayed for 10 days in April and we just loved Live Aqua. We booked our holiday with The Holiday Place PLC (great) and our transfers were with Connex Caribe (Excellent - both ways). Tacho (our rep) was friendly and helpful throughout the holiday. On arrival we were given iced tea and lovely cold wipes to freshen up with. Check in was fast and very efficient. We had been upgraded to an Ocean view room with a terrace - which was a great bonus for us. We were taken to our room by Vince from the Lobby who was excellent. One of our beds was decorated with the coloured rice welcoming us. Vince got us extra hangers within minutes and then went and got our luggage for us. He even gave us a tour of the hotel the next day which we really enjoyed. Our room was spotless on arrival and spotless all the time we were there thanks to Victor - the man who cleaned our room and looked after us.

We had several treatments in the Spa - Aquamarine exfoliation/Tropical exfoliation/Mayan Secret/Shirodhara/Sensations fusion massage/Caviar deluxe facial/Sensative skin facial. My favourite treatment was the Caviar facial and my daughters favourite treatment was the Sensations fusion massage. If you can, ask for Victoria - she was fantastic. My daughter thought Paulina was great. Get there an hour before your treatment if possible - it's well worth it. The ritual before you have your treatment is great. The Spa staff were very friendly and helpful and not too snooty like some Spas we have in the UK.

All the food and drink we had was really great and we only had one or two problems with food/drink in the 10 days we were there and it was sorted within minutes. MB's was fab and Omar was our favourite waiter. Vareena did perfect pizzas, salads and pastas and was in a beautiful setting with perfect service. Siette was brilliant for breakfast (only had breakfast 3 times during our 10 day stay as we were never that hungry in the morning) and we really, really loved Sea Corner for lunch. Perfect food, drinks, sea views and service. We enjoyed watching the Volleyball on the beach. Michelle always looked after us really well. She was a lovely friendly lady. We ate in the Hidden Garden a few times and it was perfect and really pretty but very dark so maybe take a small torch to read the menu if you are sitting in the courtyard area. Azure was ok but a little frantic for us. We had room service a few times because after our Spa treatments we didn't feel like getting dressed up to go out for an evening meal. Room service was always top class and faultless and very efficient. Well worth having if you are too tired to venture out. The staff at Live Aqua are what make this hotel so great. People who looked after us and cared for us really well were Octavio (Cabanas), Karen (towel hut), Marysol and Alexhandria (pool waitresses), Animal (pool waiter), Violetta (Cabanas) and finally the very hard working lady who cared for us most was Lorena. She was amazing and checked on us daily to see if we ever needed anything and if we were happy with everything. All these amazing ladies and gentleman could not do enough for us and that's what made our holiday such an amazing experience. The facilities are all great and the Zen feeling in the hotel was brilliant, the Cabanas were so restful and relaxing, the food and drink top class but its really the staff who go that extra mile to make you feel special and cared for.

We had no problems getting sunbeds around the beautiful pools during our stay and most of the time it was really relaxing just sunbathing, drinking and reading or listening to the great music they played but sometimes in the afternoon it got a bit more lively which was fine and people were drinking in the pools which was also fine but we did actually see people smoking in the pool which we thought should not really be allowed. That was probably the only real negative we experienced during our ten day stay.

We loved it so much we are thinking of coming back the same time nest year. I think that says it all really.

Thank you to all the staff at Live Aqua for a wonderful relaxing holiday in the Mexican Sun.

Room Tip: Higher floor for better views.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank LondonHappyhols
New York
Reviewed May 7, 2014

After reading so many positive reviews we were really disappointed. If this is the best hotel for some guests, they didn't have enough experience with good hotels. What we liked- Very friendly staff, very good service, beautiful ocean view nice relaxing background music, nice sand on the beach, nice comfortable beds with pillow menu. We didn't like- Limited food selection, no shaded garden to relax outside. Main restaurant was sometimes closed for lunch, other restaurants didn't offer comparable menu. Garden view rooms have no view at all, have to upgrade because bushes are planted too close to windows and block all view. Most of the rooms have ocean view but are much more expensive $45 extra per night for a small room. There are aroma stations throughout the hotel, people who have issues tolerating some smells had problems, we turned it off in our room but smell was in all common areas. On the street side outside the hotel was sewage smell and too much exhaust from cars.
Waves are too big in the ocean in this area, going back to Riviera Maya next time.

Room Tip: Above 2nd floor all rooms have nice view.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
5 Thank bkaras
Thank you very much for taking your time to share with all of us this review. I regret you weren't pleased with your stay, and that the resort didn't live up to your expectations. I assure you that the circumstances you described are not typical with the high standards that we strive to provide, one of our main objectives is the satisfaction of our guests with the quality on the food and the service. Although many travelers find Live Aqua Cancun to be a great place for romantic and relaxing getaway, with excellent food options and outstanding service, I do understand that the concept of our hotel does not suit your kind of lifestyle.

I remain at your service if there is ever anything I can do for you in the future.

Alfredo Santamaría
Wisconsin
Reviewed May 7, 2014

Having been to Secrets Montego Bay in Jamaica (Spring Break 2012), and the Valentin Imperial Maya (Spring Break 2013), I have used this site religiously for reviews and tips, although I never felt the urge to write a review upon coming home. I wanted to let the Trip Advisor audience, as well as the staff at Live Aqua, know how much we enjoyed our stay this past March. I do all of the research and booking of the trips my husband and I take. I started my research in September and booked on Thanksgiving weekend. I was looking for an adult only, all-inclusive in Cancun. For the first time I booked a package through Expedia; I had no issues, plus I found a $250 coupon online. We used this savings on a couples’ massage that we booked on arrival. I booked a private transfer through Canada Transfers and even though our flight came in over an hour late, they were waiting for us outside the doors. For the room at the hotel, I had requested a King size bed on the 4th or 5th floor, with an ocean view. All of the requests were met upon arrival at our room. No timeshare presentation for us!

We had great food and drinks at all restaurants and bars. We particularly liked the pizzas at Varenna, as well as the Sea Corner for ceviche and shrimp for lunch. The sushi bar was outstanding we snacked there every night before dinner. Shout out to Vanessa from the sushi bar, who offered to bring the plate up to our room since my husband had a broken wrist. She even sent him home with some chocolate treats before we left! The service was above and beyond throughout our stay. Oscar, you have a wonderful crew doing a great job out in the pool area and restaurants; hats off to you!!

Chairs were easier to get by the beach, but we enjoyed the pool area more. It was nice to wander over to the infinity pool or swim up bar or down to swing bar throughout the day for a change of pace. I never sleep well on vacation, so I was usually out by the pool reading for a couple of hours before breakfast. Each day we took a long walk up and down the beach, and spend some time wandering through the mall area across the street. We felt very safe the whole time we were in Mexico.

The weather was great the whole time we were there; no rain at all, mid-80s. The wind picked up by the end of our third day there, so the wind tunnel effect in our room was a little noisy, but a towel placed under the front door helped. We had some issues getting connected to the wi-fi, and unfortunately I discovered on our phone bill that I should have gotten the international data plan rather than relying on the wi-fi through the hotel. Oh well, live and learn!

My husband and I love to meet new people and explore new areas, but this is the first time that we both agreed that we would go back to the same resort. Looking forward to our next visit!

Room Tip: 5th floor had a great ocean view. If it is windy and you like to keep the sliding doors open, place...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kwbluvsun
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 7, 2014

Stayed in the resort in April with my spouse. We traveled to Cancun all inclusive six times, have to say this resort has a great location across the street of La-Isla, which I found as Best shopping mall in Cancun. Check in was easy, fast, and painless, we stayed on 3d floor and updated to ocean view. Room was clean, really comfortable bed, always stocked mini fridge, no complaints. Really nice well maintained grounds, beautiful clean beach! Spa was really expensive, so we learned form many reviews to try spa on the plaza across the street from Riu Palace Las Americas, and so glad we did! Small but very Nice place, great for couples massage, and much cheaper than in any resort we stayed!! Only thing have to make reservations, taking taxi can be expensive, so recommend to use a bus, renting a car or a scooter. Pools were amazing, the best part of the resort! There were many times that we were only occupants on one of the pools!!! Only negative thing is food quality, very disappointed, we survived through lunch and most dinners on rolls with butter, and we are not picky eaters!!! Definitely visit for wonderful beach and awesome pools!!! Looking forward to return to Cancun, but different resort, in just a few weeks!!!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed May 7, 2014

My husband and I traveled to Cancun and stayed at Live Aqua for 5 days in April 2014 to escape the cold Midwest weather. This was our second trip to Cancun, but our first visit to Live Aqua, and we are very happy with our decision to book our trip with this lovely resort. When we first arrived at the resort, the check-in process was very efficient and we were greeted with cold towels and delicious iced tea. While the front desk was getting our room keys and bags ready to take to our room, we received a relaxing hand massage from Jessica who was very friendly. We booked an ocean front room, and the view was absolutely spectacular. However, one complaint that we did have was that we heard maintenance workers outside of our hotel room in the hallway the first morning of our stay. Unfortunately, they were very loud and disturbed our peaceful sleep at around 7AM. My husband and I were disappointed as we had wanted to truly rest and relax in a quiet environment for the next few days, and thought this was going to be a major concern for the rest of our stay. After my husband brought this to the attention of the front desk, they were very apologetic and told us that they would rectify this issue as soon as possible. We then decided to enjoy the rest of the day by having breakfast and spending the day on the beach. When we returned to our room that early evening, we were informed that they had a room change available for us in a location on the same floor (the 5th floor). We were happy to see that they upgraded us to a much larger corner suite with a furnished balcony overlooking the beautiful beach, and had granted us free access to the VIP area where they have drinks and appetizers available to members throughout their whole stay! We were very impressed at the quality of this service, and the speed at which this was accomplished. The rest of our stay was much more quiet and we were definitely able to rest as was our original intention.

Live Aqua is located in the best location. It is right across the street (less than a 5 minute walk) from the luxury mall that has all the high-end shopping any girl could appreciate, and about a 15 minute taxi ride from the airport. The beach at this resort is absolutely to die for! It is huge, and located on a large flat stretch of land. We were very fortunate to have incredible weather throughout our entire stay (no rain!), and we enjoyed swimming in the warm water every day. The pool area at Live Aqua is also amazing. There are so many different options to choose from, and all of the pools are a different temperature, so you could choose which pool to be in depending on your mood. There is also one hot tub available, but we only used it once as it was very crowded the other days.

Next, the food at Live Aqua was very good, and exceeded our expectations in terms of what we thought we would be getting at an all-inclusive. There are several options to choose from, and we were impressed by the variety of options available! On our second day, we asked to meet Chef Eric, who is the Executive Head Chef of the resort, and heads his own restaurant at the resort named MB. Chef Eric was extremely friendly! He let my husband and I know that he would like to prepare a special meal for us at his restaurant for just the two of us, to which we gladly accepted. The next night when we dined there, Chef Eric greeted us very warmly and served our dishes to us. He made us the most incredible entree of bacon-wrapped filet mignon with goat cheese, asparagus, potatoes, portobello mushroom, and a HUGE lobster tail. This was probably the best lobster tail I have ever had. The filet was also cooked to a perfect medium per our request, and the whole entree was incredibly delicious and the portion was very generous! MB also had a great wine list, and served delicious champagne. Also, Chef Eric prepared a special apple pastry dessert for us which was the perfect ending to our meal. He told me that he would e-mail me several recipes that I could prepare at home, and when I returned home from my trip, I was delighted to see a number of e-mails from him which contained all of the recipes! He are very grateful for Chef Eric and his attentiveness to want to serve his guests delicious meals. It made an already wonderful experience that much better! He even greeted us one morning as we went to breakfast at Siete to give us a flash drive of recipes that he thought we might enjoy! Wow!

We also enjoyed the food at the other restaurants, including a casual snack we would have everyday at the sushi station (the rolls tasted great!), and also at the Hidden Garden (Thai/Asian cuisine). Hidden Garden has a beautiful and romantic ambience, and we enjoyed the dishes we had thoroughly, as well as the service we received from our waiter, Roy, that evening.

Overall, we truly enjoyed our stay, and were impressed by the level of service we received in resolving the issue with our room, but most of all, we are thankful to Chef Eric for making us feel like true VIPs at Live Aqua. He is a very hard-working man who prepares delicious and create entrees, and is very passionate about wanting to make his guests feel happy and relaxed during vacation. We can't wait to plan our next trip to Live Aqua as we will be visiting again for sure, and look forward to seeing Chef Eric and the lovely staff again! Bravo!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple