“Wonderful experience” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersGold level
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Wonderful experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2014

Spent 4 nights at this wonderful resort. The beach, rooms, food and staff were simply outstanding. We booked a room with Club Level access and we're glad we did. The personalized attention we received from Nancy V and the rest of the staff in the Club Lounge was worth the extra few dollars. (Thank you!!) Also enjoyed the the sunsets from the Club Lounge balcony and the included beach cabana. I will be back!!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank Triplover1250
Alfredo S, General Manager at Live Aqua Beach Resort Cancun, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Thank you for sharing your review of Live Aqua Cancun. We're happy to hear we exceeded your expectations and we were able to provide a fantastic stay for you. I am sure that your feedback will serve as an encouragement to our team as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Thank you for your recommendations, we are looking forward to welcome you back soon.

Warmest regards,
Alfredo Santamaría

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,543)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Springfield, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2014

We've travelled to many all inclusive resorts and i have never written a review but absolutely without a doubt had to write about our experience at Live Aqua. My husband I were celebrating our 27th wedding anniversary. I chose this resort, based on the reviews I had read over and over. My travel agent had not booked anyone there and was anxious to hear about our experience. The week before we were to arrive I had sent an email indicating that I wanted to plan a special dinner for my husband the night of our anniversary. Within a few hours, I received a response from Lisbeth Cruz indicating that their food manager and executive chef would be in touch to plan something for us. When we arrived at the hotel, I had asked if we could be upgraded to an oceanfront room instead of oceanview and they did so without hesitation, I had read many reviews that people had done that so I thought I had nothing to lose...and it worked. Before we even had our room key, Chef Eric De Maeyer came and introduced himself and discussed our special night...and the menu details. We arrived on Saturday and had planned our dinner for Thursday night. When we got to our room, we were unpacking and heard a knock on the door and it was Chocolate Covered Strawberries from Chef Eric. Unbelievable way to start a vacation. Each day we had either messages written on our bed with colored rice, or mini desserts left in our room. The staff were always smiling and were doing everything possible to make sure the guests were enjoying their stay. We met Marco by the infinity pool and he surprised us with a coconut that had been cut and our drink had been put inside....what a special treat. When we had breakfast we had Luis for our waiter several times and he was great. Another great staff member we had the pleasure of meeting and worked very hard at everything he did was Alejandro at the MB restaurant. All of the hostesses were as pleasant as could be. Crazy after only a few days, they knew our names each time we dined at their restaurant. On the night of our dinner, we arrived and Chef Eric came right out and started with our AMAZING anniversary dinner. Started with fresh fruit, garden salad, chicken, homemade potato chips, filet mignon, shrimp, lobster tail, brownie sundae. Enough food to feed an army...everything was absolutely delicious....what a great night.....then when we returned to our room, it was like walking into a fantasy suite. There was a bubble bath waiting for us, with candles and rose petals, a message on the bed with rose petals and candles on either side of the bed, champagne, chocolate covered strawberries.....I could go on and on... Chef Eric stopped down to see us at breakfast the next morning. He is an absolutely amazing gentleman. Very passionate about making others feel special. He gave us a once in a lifetime experience, that we will NEVER forget. I would HIGHLY recommend this resort for anyone looking for a top notch resort where it's obvious the staff are willing to do whatever they have to, to make your vacation the best it can be.

4 Thank Hearts22
Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2014

My husband and I stayed at Live Aqua for 7 nights and we loved every minute of our stay. The staff is extraordinary and is the reason why we will return to Live Aqua. The hotel and pool area are beautiful and very well maintained. Most of the rooms have a great ocean view. The beach is awesome in its breadth and with its clean, white sand. The color of the ocean is truly azure blue.

We are not interested in nightly entertainment on site, so this fit our needs well. It's very easy and safe to grab a $1 bus ride to nightclubs if you are interested in doing so.
You have to check out the hot coffee drinks in the evening by the bar next to MB! Guadalupe makes it look like an artistic endeavor! They're flaming!!

Breakfasts are amazing and our dinner entrees were always of good quality, though not always the portions we are used to here in the midwest! LOL! We didn't eat at the steak and lobster restaurant, though it has very good reviews.
We enjoyed both Azur and the MB restaurants. Creamy Habanero soup served in a little bread bowl was superb appetizer.

Both my husband and I took advantage of the Spa and thought our massages were top notch!
My only complaint, which has been common at so many resorts, is the fact of having to save chairs under an umbrella at very early morning hours in order to get one. If you waited until 7:00 a.m., you were out of luck! In Mexico, you NEED an umbrella at some point during the day, so the resort should look into purchasing more umbrellas or cabanas.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank abananaWisconsin
Indianapolis
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2014

In my option having traveled to Cancun for nearly 15-years is Live Aqua offers a grand experience on property. I arrived at roughly 10:30 a.m. and was in my room in about an hour or so; typically, other resorts may make a guest wait until 3:00 p.m. Booking an Aqua Club upgrade was worthwhile to me as my check-in took place in the exclusive lounge area where hors d'oeuvre style goods were on display with iced beer, excellent views of ocean/lagoon, and fine decor. The Aqua Club rooms position on floor 5; however, vacancy was full so I moved to floor 8 having seemingly a better view. Beautiful fountains adorn the property adding a tranquility inside and out as the hotel air is clean with aromatherapy oils. The aromatherapy extends to guest room with a personal electric burner and an order list to customize preference. Spa treatments are within a normal range: 109 USD or less - 194 USD. One may choose a day pass to spa facility admissions for 20 USD providing access to steam, heat, foot bath, hot/cool soaking, and a relaxation room. Staff will allow you to tour the facility upon request. Each restaurant had a different theme - all meals were gourmet level - the drink selections were top shelf with many 12-year versions freely poured. Getting from white powder sand to my room was not a drawn out journey, meaning property layout was well thought having quick access to all amenities. The gift shop also had all-inclusive baked goods, cookies, sandwiches, coffee's, and smoothies. Obviously, I gave this property 5-stars because my time there was so great; on-the-other-hand, a few irks could push the resort to 4 or 4.5. For example, a massive fountain display leading from hotel to pool side was partially functional (2 or 3 out of 5 fountains operational). To me, such focal point requires a contingency plan to prevent long-term failures. Additionally, on steak/lobster pay restaurant exists on premises - a large-blue-plastic tarp stretched over a third of the roof, which made it's way into pictures from the room balcony. Moderate paint carelessly spattered on windows leading into the Aqua Club lounge were an oxymoron to fine appointments inside. A final point about Live Aqua is a prime spot location: upper end shopping was a 5 minute walk any direction and travel to downtown or the party scene was quick. Congratulations to Live Aqua for pulling 5-stars out.

Room Tip: Upgrading to the Aqua Club is worthwhile for ocean front. One may easily see others on their balcon...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Brownafro
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for 5 days. We had never done an all-inclusive resort before and this was a great first experience. We specifically chose it because it was adults-only, as we were looking for a peaceful stay and hoping to avoid little kids running around.

This hotel did not disappoint! The hotel and surrounding grounds are exceptionally peaceful, and the aromatherapy is a nice touch. We never had to wait for a pool chair and there were always plenty available both poolside and on the beach.

The service is also excellent! Every employee was happy and attentive, and we never had to wait for our drinks or food.

The hotel is on a beautiful stretch of beach, that is perfectly sandy and not rocky at all. Bar service on the beach is wonderful as well.

The breakfast buffet at Siete is one of the best we've ever seen, and there is decent variety in the restaurant menus for lunch and dinner.

Usually when my husband and I travel, we're always out and about. But we didn't leave this resort for 5 straight days!

ONLY negative was that there were a few pesky mosquitoes in our ground floor room.

Other than that, we will definitely return :)

2 Thank Normon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2014

Stop searching online and reading reviews - just make your life easy and book Live Aqua Cancun!

My boyfriend and I were initially attracted by Live Aqua's unique cascading infinity pool set up when browsing online - there seemed to be almost thousands of hotel options to choose from in Cancun alone (let alone Mexico, let alone the Caribbean as well). From the second we arrived at Live Aqua last Thursday, we knew we had made the right choice.

Prior to our arrival and based on reviews, we decided to book a suite because of the extra amenities they come with - a guaranteed cabana every day, 20 minute foot massage in the cabana every day, access to the Aqua Lounge (place to relax, have drinks and snacks), and easy check in and check out in the Aqua Lounge. I highly recommend upgrading if not for the cabana alone. While there are plenty of lounge chairs available at the pool and on the beach, the cabana just takes your vacation to the next level. They are comfortable, luxurious and make you feel like you can stay outside lounging from dawn till dusk.

I also have to compliment the customer service of Live Aqua - everyone we encountered - from waiters, to the men who helped us at the pool, to the ladies who cleaned our room - were extremely polite and friendly. They really made our stay pleasant. Nancy, the concierge, was wonderful - we emailed prior to our arrival to arrange the upgrade - she answered all of our questions immediately and with a lot of detail.

All in all, I can't recommend Live Aqua enough and can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: Our Viento Suite on the 5th floor was very quiet and had a great ocean view - I think all rooms exce...
4 Thank ElizAnnNYC
Roswell, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2014

My wife and I travel a lot, and almost exclusively to Adults Only/All Inclusives. I have used Trip Advisor reviews for many trips in the past to help choose where to go and this time they didn't let me down. There are many good reviews of this hotel and it ranks very high for Cancun for a good reason.

Service here is beyond anywhere we have experienced in the past. They go so far out of their way to help or accommodate that you feel relaxed and taken care of the entire time.

The resort is a great size, compact, yet never felt cramped. Even though the hotel was full, you didn't feel on top of other people all the time because of the great design and flow. Many restaurant and bar choices allowed people to spread out and have their vacation the way they wanted to. It wasn't a chore to walk around and get from A to B like some other resorts that are so spread out that it takes 15 minutes to get from room to restaurant.

The food is impressive. The chefs go out of their way to be creative and innovative with meals. I have a wide range of food allergies (Gluten / Tomatoes / Peppers...) and it makes me apprehensive to travel anywhere. I let them know at the desk at check-in and it was broadcast to all chef's at all restaurants.

First, I want to extend personal thank you's to everyone that went out of their way.

Maru, the Day Manager of Siete, asked each day what we'd like for lunch and made sure any restaurant we wanted to eat in, and whatever we wanted to eat, was ready and waiting for us whenever we wanted to arrive. She went out of her way to ensure everyone understood what I could eat and could not eat.

Javier, Head Chef of Siete, was amazing and created 4 course meals for my wife and I nightly that we thoroughly enjoyed. He was so helpful and kind during our stay that we even have his personal email address so we can keep in touch with him.

Vanessa in the Sushi Station helped us nightly by removing the things I couldn't eat from any sushi we ordered. It was a great nightly treat to have sushi and drinks at the Aka Bar before heading off to dinner. She was always so happy to see us and was so helpful.

Elias, the lead Bartender at the Aka Bar, was fun to talk to every night and he and his staff were very attentive. Estrella was awesome too. She was fun to talk to each night and was always so kind.

Eric, the Head Chef for the hotel, took the time to meet me and make sure all his chef's were assisting me with my food needs. I know Eric was busy, all day, everyday. He was everywhere and him taking the time to ensure I was happy meant a lot to me.

Facts that I hope help others:

WIFI - most hotels say, we have free wifi, and yes while free, it sucks. Here, they have WIFI repeaters up all over the property and have great coverage of the entire property and fast speed. Thanks for being technically savvy!

No Reservations - I found it hard to find anything prior to our trip about whether or not the restaurants required reservations. They do not. This is a great benefit to all guests. Many resorts want you to make reservations at their restaurants and you still end up waiting to be seated. Not here. We ate nightly around normal dinner times and even though the hotel was full, we could walk in any restaurant on property and be seated immediately. Thanks for letting me not care what time it was the entire trip!

Food - Most places serve bland, cooked for the masses, buffet food. The food here is a cut above "resort" food. The selection, innovation and creativity of chefs is really above and beyond. I found myself telling my wife how good something sounded and if I could eat it, I would. But, having all the food allergies that I do, I was so well taken care of, that I never felt left out. If you don't see what you want, ask, and they very likely can make it for you. My wife, however, ate often of the buffet and raved about the food quality as well.

Gym - My wife and I have workout routines that we keep daily. We have our own gym at home and it was important to find a destination that had a gym. It was more like a club. Life Fitness weight equipment, ellipticals, treadmills, tons of free weights, separated pilates area, on and on. It was a great gym and doesn't get enough mention in reviews. Thanks for providing guests with top of the line equipment. And, it was never jammed packed so we hardly ever had to wait to use the equipment.

Pool - many places we've been, if you don't get up at the crack of dawn and put towels and stuff down by the pool, you didn't get a good seat. Not true here. We would head down after our morning workout and always got excellent seats in the center of the infinity pool overlooking the ocean.

Beach - Beautiful, well taken care of beach. Clear water and expansive beach make it beautiful to walk on and play in the waves. Attentive lifeguards keep a close eye on everyone in the water.

Location - great location right in the center of the hotel zone with one mall across the street and another about a block away. We had 1 rainy afternoon that we easily went to both malls and enjoyed wandering through the stores.

Thanks again to all the staff at Live Aqua for making our week with you wonderful.

Room Tip: We chose a garden view room, 1462, on the south side and had a beautiful ocean view, unobstructed be...
3 Thank CElliott13