Live Aqua Beach Resort Cancun
$337
$330
$800
Hard Rock Hotel Cancun(Cancun)
$465
$365
$503
$626
$506
Hyatt.com
$269
  • Pool
Le Blanc Spa Resort(Cancun)
$803
Moon Palace Cancun(Cancun)
$604
$538
9,939 results
All reviewshidden gardenhand massagemb restauranthabanero soupminute foot massageegos baraka barsushi stationazur restaurantmojito barrice artroom serviceswim up barocean fronta garden view roomspecial dinnerbeach bag
Reviewed April 8, 2014

My wife and I stayed at Live Aqua in Cancun from March 30th to April 5th, 2014. It was literally the best vacation of our lives. I have stayed at a variety of resorts all over the world and have not found one that compared. We ate at most of the restaurants at this all inclusive resort and the food was amazing everywhere. More importantly thought the service was as good as it gets and they exhibit great pride in it. We did not do as much outside the resort as we should have because everything was so perfect there.

Special thanks to all of the hotel staff, but most especially Chef Eric De Maeyer and Alejandro for making this an amazing experience from the time we arrived until we departed. At MB Restaurant which is an amazing open kitchen feel for an upscale dinner. Our servers Omar, Alejandro Anguas and Vangelis Flores took great care of us and Chef Eric made us the best food I could imagine. One tip, if he greets you during your stay and invites you to dinner to make something special for you, take him up on it! Our food was not from the menu, but was a very special meal on two occasions. He also recognized that my wife was gluten free and made sure all the other Chef’s knew. They went out of their way every day to provide true variety and even used gluten free flours and other foods.

Our favorite restaurant location for ambiance for a romantic couple’s dinner was Hidden Garden which is an Asian Fusion restaurant. Each visit we had great service led by the Manager Karla Gaxiola and supported by Chef Renee and later Chef Carlos and our server Luis (okay we loved it so much we ate there three times). I would also recommend breakfast at Siete which has nearly anything you could want and our servers David and Oscar both made every morning memorable. Azur was also a good restaurant and geared primarily to seafood. There are a few other hidden gems like the little fish stand that did fresh ceviche, fish tacos, and other things in a beach setting and the Italian restaurant which offered to make my wife gluten free pizza anytime we came in. One final surprise was that when we returned home Chef Eric had sent us pictures of us together and many of the recipes for the food there.

I would recommend Aqua Live also for couples and groups. We made friends from all over and had such a great time together that some of us are planning to return as a group. The different pools are great for just relaxing and getting to know each other or just having some time to yourself if you prefer. At the pool we were greeted every day by Aminael who took fantastic care of us and all our friends. His service was another great reason to return. He was always prompt and happy and like others at this outstanding resort he seemed genuinely happy to see his customers each day.

I have read other reviews on this Trip Advisor, most are outstanding and helped us choose Aqua Live. The rooms were outstanding. We had an Ocean View in the center and it was a beautiful site to wake up to each day. The overall resort was wonderful and there were many great unexpected features. We got coffee and cappuccino each day from the little bakery and enjoyed the little bar area one evening with friends. We were able to get good locations at the pool each day although some of the reviews I read mentioned minor issues with umbrellas; we did not encounter any issues.

The best thing I can think of to say is that we will return next year and many years to come. Once you find a spot that is as perfect as this, don’t take chances on others. We spoke to many others who had stayed at other Cancun resorts and none compared with this one. Looking forward to going back very soon!

Room Tip: Ocean view rooms are fantastic, but I might choose a suite on our next visit just to try it.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Platofan
Alfredo S, General Manager at Live Aqua Beach Resort Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review. It is a pleasure for me to know that your experience at Live Aqua Cancun exceeded your expectations; our number one priority is to make every guest experience exceptional and unique as it can be, thank you for letting us know how memorable and special was your staying with us. I'm very grateful for your comments about the service provided by our staff; let me assure you that this kind of recognition has a very special meaning to us as a team.

It will be an honor to have you as our guest again, do not hesitate to contact us if you require any assistance on your next stay.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed April 7, 2014

Beautiful beach and convenient to mall across the street as stated in other reviews, but suggest you stay elsewhere. We had to put up with loud music blasted outdoors on this property on Wednesday, April 2 and again on Thursday, April 3. The first night was live music with "entertainment" complete with terrible singers and the second night was a DJ. This loud music blasted away keeping us from getting a good night sleep. I prayed for rain to force the resort to take these parties inside, but that did not happen. Guess Live Aqua cares only about those that pay for these outdoor parties and not about paying guests who would like to relax in a peaceful setting. This is not the club area of Cancun hotels, but Live Aqua seems to think loud late at night is fun. Avoid this resort if you want to relax. There are plenty of other hotel options up the beach.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
14  Thank nolajaw
Alfredo S, General Manager at Live Aqua Beach Resort Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2014

First of all I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your comments on your recent stay with us.

I do regret that we did not meet your expectations during the time you spent at Live Aqua Cancun; please accept my apologies for inconveniences you mentioned in your valuable feedback. I assure you that there is nothing more important for us as comfort and satisfaction of every person who gives us an honor of being our guest, as part of the group or individual travelers.

Regarding the group in house at the moment of your stay, you as the rest of our guests, are very important no matter what is the business source and we care for you as well as for them, they had a programed event which we had to respect taking care that the music was not loud enough to disturb the rest of our guests. I assure you that all your suggestions were taken into consideration and thank you once again for taking time to give us your opinion.

Should you consider Live Aqua Cancun for your vacations in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me for any pre-arrival arrangements.

Reviewed April 7, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for my birthday and I can't complain about anything the hotel had to offer! The customer service was over the top and the rooms were 5 star quality! I love the smell over the whole hotel and the relaxing music they play all day! This hotel is so wonderful we are planning to book again soon! The restaurants are so good and the food matches the hotel quality! This has to be the best hotel I have been too in a long time! I love it!!! Pools are outstanding and the view is breath taking! Book and see for yourself!

• Stayed: March 2014
5  Thank Quita1121
Reviewed April 6, 2014

If you like getting up at 5:30AM to get chairs and umbrella by the pool, then this is the vacation for you. If not, choose another resort. Upon checking in (20 minutes), the king room we booked was not available, but we could pay an extra fee for an upgrade. We agreed, but low and behold, the king bed wasn't available but 2 queens were.
The food was disappointing! I became I'll after eating (one bite) of an undercooked hamburger that was cooked poolside. Bar service sucked whether you used waitstaff or self serve.
Live Aqua was a beautiful setting and very quite. Not much happening at night, but that was ok with us, because we had to wake up by 5:30 to get a chaire by the pool anyway.
We will not be going back to Live Aqua.

Room Tip: Be prepared to fight to get the room you booked.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
15  Thank Cind R

Thank you very much for taking your time to share with all of us this review. I regret you weren't pleased with your stay, and that the resort didn't live up to your expectations. More than any other aspect of our business it is our service we take great pride in, we have been recognized by almost all our TripAdvisor followers, as one of the hotels with the best staff in Cancun. I regret that service received during your vacation did not live up to the expectations of luxurious and relaxing experience. I would exhort any guest who is having a bad experience to seek help while on the premises so that a suitable solution can be found.

Regarding the food poisoning, I can assure you that the circumstances you described are not typical with the high standards that we strive to provide, one of our main objectives is the satisfaction of our guests with the quality on the food and the drinks. We are committed to serving food and beverages that adheres to the highest standards of food hygiene and safety. The hotel runs a "food safety management program" that is subject to constant internal and external audits. Every constructive criticism you’ve shared with us has been taken very seriously by our team in order to keep standards, expected by our guests on the highest level, ensuring your satisfaction.

I remain at your service if there is ever anything I can do for you in the future.

Reviewed April 6, 2014

We stayed at Live Aqua from March 22-29 and had a fantastic time. As everyone will say the hotel and rooms are spotless. The hotel was full so staff had to work really hard to tidy up the amount of glasses and plates that were used. The staff are cheerful and friendly. We especially enjoyed Oscar the poolside manager, Wilbertha at the MB bar, Verinoca and Alehjandra beach waitstaff. The gentlemen that move chairs, clean up glasses, and help you find an umbrella surely do not get the credit they deserve.
Chef Eric is a gem. To find someone that takes that much pride in the establishment they work for is rare. We were treated to dinner by Chef Eric at MB. He came out to the table to greet us and then checked in before racing off to the next restaurant.
We went to the spa and found the experience delightful. Make sure you take the time to arrive early to get the perks that come with scheduling a spa service.
The beach is beautiful and the pools are wonderful. The "reserving" of chairs at crazy early hours is an issue. There are plenty of chairs but the umbrellas are what everyone wanted. There are very few permanent palm shelters. Like many fair skin people we could only handle the sun for so long. We would have liked more shade available.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends