“Best Resort”

Live Aqua Beach Resort Cancun
Ranked #4 of 176 Hotels in Cancun
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed April 5, 2014

My wife and I stayed at the resort from 3/30 to 4/4. It was too short of a stay. The Cancun airport was super quick, like 5 minutes in immigrations. We used USA transfer who were outstanding and really cheap for transporting us to the hotel.

Live Aqua is the best resort we ever been to. It is worth every penny. There were like 9 different pools. Each pool only had a few other people in it at any one time, and a lot of times we were in pools alone at all hours. The resort has a huge lobby. Everything is super clean, marble tiles everywhere, so everything feels luxurious. Rooms are immaculate, and the bed and pillows are the most comfortable I've ever slept on.

The food was standout at every aspect. Everything was homemade, even the tortillas. I think only hot dogs and sausages were not homemade. There is a restaurant for everyone's taste. Every plate served has thought behind it, great presentations, great balance of flavors, and the food is the best food we had at any resort. Azur was great, they have a little bit of everything but I am a big fan of their salad bar and fish. MB is great for that elegant city feel. Each dish there could have been easily 25+ at any decent nyc restaurant. Siete was amazing for breakfast. The cafe had delicious freshly ground coffees and pastries. Sushi station was decent considering it was a sushi bar in Mexico. Hidden Garden had delicious asian food.

The service in every single aspect of the word was amazing. Everyone was so helpful, so happy, so cheerful to help you even in the smallest amount. They did this amazing bed decoration for my wife's birthday, and surprised us in the room with the most delicious chocolate cake I've ever had.

The beach is amazing, one of the best in the carribeans, just miles and miles of sand and turquoise waters. Chairs are super easy to come by and the bar is great there.

Their staff is extremely well trained. I've encountered other places that has similar staff but not to the extent of which this resort has. Literally everyone we came encounter with was super helpful and nice.

The only negative thing about this resort was one morning where they were hosting a bunch of visiting timeshare group which caused a backup in seating the normal hotel guests. I think they should probably host less next time. The timeshare guests tore up the buffet food.

This resort seems to cater to 35+ couples, we're in our 20s but we had plenty fun. There were pool parties, beach parties, egos bar is great for cocktails, and theres a bus that takes you to the clubs after 10.

Their Spa is also amazing. The facilities there are worth the money alone.

Shout out to all the hard workers there, please tip them!!! A dollar here and there is greatly appreciated.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Curry L
Write a ReviewReviews (9,457)

Reviewed April 5, 2014

Have just returned from the most fantastic holiday of our lives! Live Aqua Cancun is an absolutely beautiful hotel, it provides the best service we've ever experienced, has the most fantastic food and drinks selection and the facilities are just out of this world! I cannot praise this hotel enough.

The rooms - we had a garden view, it was set on the side of the building but we still had a phenomenal sea view. The oil burner is a lovely little touch, the mini bar is great and we really appreciated the nightly turn down service. We had room service lunch too - sooo quick and excellent standard of food was delivered.

The service - one word, magnificent! The staff seem genuinely happy to be there and to help. We experienced fantastic service throughout our whole stay. They all really take pride in their work and in the place they work in. We did tip but I honestly believe that even if you don't, you'd still receive the same level of service. We saw quite a few people not tipping and they weren't treated any differently.

The food - for an all inclusive, we were blown away! In our opinion, it's definitely restaurant standard food that is served and we found no faults with any of our snacks and meals. We ate in all the restaurants but our favourites were the breakfasts in Siete and evening meals at MB, they cannot be beaten. Oooh and our afternoon coffee and cake at the coffee shop was a delight!

The drinks - wow, what a selection! Moët and Chandon, Grey Goose, Sky, Tanquerey, Dissaronno......the cocktails - mango, watermelon and mango tango daiquiris, mud slides, mojitos, caipiroska, citrus rum cooler....I could go on for hours!!!! All you have to do is ask and it will be delivered (we didn't feel any of the drinks were watered down). The drink highlights of the holiday was the daiquiris and mud slides around the pool during the day, you must try the, you won't be disappointed.

The pools and beach - they are simply stunning! There are plenty of loungers although my only slight niggle is that the towel game is a serious one in this hotel - we were at the pool or beach for 7am each morning and during our 7 day stay, we were unable to secure a lounger with an umbrella! Even a 6.30am attempt was unsuccessful but hey ho, it's a truly stunning place to be so we weren't going to let it spoil our time. The pools all have different temperatures so should be something to suit everyone and the beach is sooooo pretty, I wish I could bottle some and bring it home with me. We were at the hotel for the last week of March so whilst the hotel was at full capacity, it never felt like it.

If you're planning a holiday to Cancun, you must book this hotel - you will not be disappointed. We cannot wait to return!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
6  Thank NicolandMichael
Alfredo S, General Manager at Live Aqua Beach Resort Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2014

I would like to express my gratitude for the time you have taken to share this detailed review and the valuable comments you’ve provided in it. There is nothing as rewarding as hearing our guest saying Wow! in return to our effort. I have no doubt that your review will be of a great help for many travelers while making their decision to visit Live Aqua Cancun. Thank you for the warm words regarding our staff, food and general relaxing atmosphere, which we try to provide to our guests.

Regarding the "towel game" at the pool area, I assure you that we are doing our best to discourage guests to reserve the chairs without use them for a long time. We started the past week with some rules and we will not allow our guests reserve the chairs if they are not going to use it, if we found things unattended for more than 30 minutes we will send it to our lost & found department. We hope that this measure help us to minimize this situation, but much depends on the respect that people have for others.

We hope for the future privilege to welcome you back to Live Aqua Cancun.

Reviewed April 5, 2014

My wife and I stayed at Live Aqua in March of 2014 and were so impressed by the level of quality at this resort. I should preface this by saying that we are "foodies" and have traveled quite a bit and stayed at some amazing resorts. Initially I was a little skeptical in regards to an all-inclusive especially since I have a gluten sensitivity and most of the ones I know of are just average. This place is certainly the exception to the rule. We had some of the best meals ever at this resort. Not only that, but everyone there knew about my food restriction and were very concerned to make sure they prepared me something special and that I was satisfied. This is just the type of resort that Live Aqua is. It is all about the personal touch. Every place we went we were greeted by name. They really treat everyone like royalty. I can't say enough about how genuine, warm, and helpful everyone was. From Jonathan and Oscar who manage the restaurants and pool area, David a waiter at Azur, Chef Manuel at Inlaa'Kech, Luis at Hidden Garden,(had one of the most amazing meals here) and Jonathan, David, Karen, Jose, and Christian at the pool. From the moment we arrived and were greeted by Eduardo we knew we made the right choice. He was extremely helpful throughout our stay and was always checking in to see that we were enjoying ourselves. The highlight of our visit was being invited to dinner with Executive Chef Eric De Maeyer. Not only did he make us one of the greatest meals we have ever had but always stopped to say hello at breakfast or throughout the day (he is so dedicated and is there all hours) to make sure I had a gluten free option. He is really a gentleman and made sure that we were well taken care of everywhere we went. This is the kind of treatment that you receive at Live Aqua. One lasting impression that we had was how well this resort is managed. Communication between staff and departments was superb, this is a unique quality that we noticed and praise the management and staff. We cannot wait to return!! Fondly "Los Ericksons"

Room Tip: I would recommend getting a room away from the elevators. It can be a bit noisy at night when people...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
6  Thank JAY E

We are completely honored to read that your first visit to Live Aqua Cancun was enjoyable and exceeded your expectations. We truly appreciate all the positive remarks about our resort and especially about the service, it’s very important to know that we were able to meet your expectations. I will pass on your comments to my staff as they continue improving our personalized service.

We are looking forward to having you as our guests again and make every effort to exceed your expectations.

Reviewed April 5, 2014

Our stay was March 12 to the 19th. We arrived from the airport via USA Transport (btw great). Upon our arrive our luggage was brought into the lobby and we were directed to the check in desk. Immediately the aroma therapy brought a sigh of relaxation. Once we checked in ( which was easy ) Deydhre was our receptionist and she is perfect in representing the image of Live Aqua! We then brought to the couch where my husband and I had a great hand massage. Once we were do checking in the bellman brought us to our room along with our luggage.
Our room was clean and well appointed. Every room has a view. Some are better than others but, all have a view. Only draw back to room was the noise in the hall (even cleaning and returning guests late at night can wake you up). First, the floors are marble and any noise is noticed. So high heels, luggage make noise and the doors are not tight to the floor. We put a towel down next to the door to block the light and muffle the noise. Now that was it for complaints!!!!!!!
Not only is this resort spotless, it's friendly and easy to navigate. Everywhere you look staff is cleaning, painting, trimming, washing... All happily and with great care.
The aroma therapy is not overwhelming and is available in your room. We found it so calming and puts one in a vacation mode. You can turn it on and off in your room.
We figured all inclusive food would be marginal. Much to our surprise, it was AWESOME! Now for some shout outs. First, Chef Eric is everywhere always making sure everything is perfect! He is such a hands on chef who makes sure you feel special and wants everyone to enjoy his meal. He succeeds with this. He is happy, kind, and so available. A true part of what makes Live Aqua a 5 star resort!
We had the opportunity to be asked to dine in MB by Chef Eric not once but, twice! What an honor, and what meals! (all I can say was filet and lobster done to perfection then a seafood pasta to satisfy every taste bud within my mouth!) We ate at MBs 3 times. Our Chef meals where wonderful and Chef Eric's attention was so very special. We felt so honored to have such a fabulous meal not once but, twice. We went on our own to MB's and the meal although not made specifically for us was fantastic! I will say the habanero soup is a must (only wish the bowl was bigger)! Men don't forget long pants and shoes
( although I saw sandals). We liked the outside seating best.
We then were Chef Carlos's guests at Hidden Garden. The meals were fabulous and the ambience was just what we needed to decompress from the corporate world. Wow, Cesar was an amazing server. He romanced the meal, catered to our needs and showed genuine love for his profession and a true joy in what he does . A rare find! We loved the atmosphere at Hidden Garden so much we ate there 3 times. Each time we were thrilled with the food and the service. Karla, the manager runs a smooth restaurant and was genuinely happy to see us and did everything to ensure our dining experience was flawless. Pamela, the hostess also made sure we were happy and being well attended . Only concern (me,not my husband) mosquitoes nibbled my ankles but, Karla ran off and got my repellent wipes. Fantastic !
We ate lunch at Varenna. Great thin crust pizza. Loved, loved the pear Gorgonzola pizza!!!! Even had Andes, bring it to us while at the pool. One night we had dinner here. We had pasta. It was wonderful. Plating was nice and the flavor was perfect al dente ! The serve when pouring water dropped one drip ... Truly one drip on me. Immediately, he opened a bottle of champagne and poured it for us with his apologizes. We were very impressed. Thank you Carlos! Chef Lourdes made a great dinner!
We ate every morning at Siete. It was convenient, as everything else spotless, and offered many choices. Btw, Chef Eric's bread pudding I can be found there and is amazing.
We also tried the Sushi, ok, Azur, not to our taste, Sea Corner was ok. Pool side service was great.
Pool bar, Santiago was wonderful! He knew it was our anniversary and he made me a pineapple as a container for my ( made eyes, nose, ears, hair and filled with piña colada) drink It certainly was unexpected yet so appreciated! Santiago has a great way of treating guests!
Andres, was our server at the pool. he was awesome! Even when we weren't in his area he would ask if we were ok. Always with a smile!
Getting a chair. Well, if you didn't have a cabana with your room you need to claim your space. That is normal when you can't reserve. We never had a problem we always got an umbrella near one of the round pools. Perfect! We would go out at 7ish find a spot go eat breakfast and return to our pool spot. Easy. We would walk to the beautiful Aqua ocean and put our toes in. My husband went in a bit more although the seas were rough and the warnings were out with a very small area to "swim".
Our kids had called the resort to let them know it was our anniversary and wanted to do something special for us. They had the resort decorate our room. We returned from a fabulous Chef Eric dinner to our room lite with candles with rose petals everywhere, red rice was used to write happy anniversary on the floor, a heart on the bed out of rice with rose petals, champagne, chocolates, decorated dish with words of love, a bubble bath, candle lit and filled with rose petals…. All photos were sent to our daughter to share in the beautiful acknowledgement.
So was it great? Yes, did they have night life? No. Did we want it? No. Was the food typical inclusive? No so much better!!!!!! Drinks? Yes, vodka was top shelf, tequila same. Fancy tropical drinks were everywhere and were made to order. Tips, certainly, not mandatory but, very much appreciated. We tipped in US dollars and wanted to tip often because the service was so fantastic!
The staff are the hidden weapons as they are all happy, kind and always saying "Hola". They make the resort special!
So if you are looking to decompress, relax, be pampered, eat and drink well, enjoy the most beautiful beach and fabulous pools with happy staff may I suggest Live Aqua from a couple who travels a lot.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank bstar3714
Reviewed April 5, 2014

We stayed at Live Aqua in February 2014. It was one of my most favorite hotels..ever!
The room is great! Beautiful bathrooms and comfy beds! We stayed in an ocean view room and the view was perfect! The aroma therapy was an awesome perk in the room!
The food was TERRIFFIC!! My husband has Celiac Disease. I had heard they where accommodating to his food allergy before our stay . So I sent an email in hopes of maybe getting a response. They emailed back right away and said they would let the Chef know. I wasn't expecting much but boy were we in for a treat!! The Head Chef Eric contacted us in our room and set up a meeting with us and all the Chefs in the hotel! It made us feel really special and also put our minds at ease that they take his allergy seriously. They brought out GF breads for him and even sent up GF desserts for us with a nice bottle of champagne.
MB-was our favorite. Food was so delicious. The tuna app is to die for! We also went to the Hidden Garden which didn't have much as far as GF on the menu. The Chef came to our table and told us he would prepare dinner that was GF. Everything wasn't on the menu and it was awesome! Everyone there was so eager to make us happy and they sure did!
You really cant go wrong anywhere you choose to eat. We would bounce around for lunch eating little plates everywhere we went. The best part was when we went to the taco bar on the beach. Unfortunately nothing was GF for my husband but instead of bothering us on our lunch date Chef Eric created a wonderful GF shrimp pasta dish..my husband loved it! We only had a small wait for a table at MB one night. We grabbed some sushi in the lobby while we where waiting. The sushi was pretty good!
The pool area has a bunch of space. You never feel crowded. All the pools are different temperatures which was kind of neat! We rented a cabana one day. The best part was the free foot massage that comes along with it! The beach area is great also. The wait staff is very great about never leaving you with an empty cup!
Overall the vacation was so relaxing! The staff was very attentive. The food was delicious! Chef Eric really made our stay that much more special with special desserts in our room, GF bread everywhere we went. We never felt like we had to worry about what we where going to eat and anyone with a gluten allergy knows it can kind of be a hassle especially when traveling out of the country! Cant wait to go back!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ana0722
Reviewed April 4, 2014 via mobile

We (Wife and myself) just got back home last night and was excited to return the review section to leave our opinion.

Service:
This by far blew us away. We felt our every need was taken care of. We even asked for a bandaid at 11pm because my wife had a blister and they arrived promptly with 3. The servers and bartenders where always eager to help us and supply drinks/food. You gotta enjoy the midnight in room service. Excellent chicken fajitas and quesadillas. They even went the extra mile and surprised us with a bottle of champagne and chocolate strawberries in the evening. Total class act.

Food:
My wife and I are not food snobs but we do enjoy great food and ambiance. Hidden Garden was beautiful and Siente had the best breakfast buffet. There are so many choices that we never got bored. There is no need to eat off the grounds because there is so much variety. We enjoy tipping although it's not asked of. I would advice to bring $100 in ones. It's so much easier.

Beach:
The beach was flawless and the grounds were extremely clean. If you have read about the towel/cabana issues of the past...well the problem has been solved. Now if you leave a towel/garment on a cabana for over 30 mins unattended than the items are removed to the club house and the cabana is freed up. We did opt for the Viente Suite upgrade and it provided a cabana as part of the package rather than having to pay the $80 rental. Interesting enough I did get a few bug bites at night but I never saw any.

Final comments:
This place is very loungy and down tempo. It was exactly what we were looking for. We never had crowd noise problems. My wife and I loved the aromatherapy especially the eucalyptus. I am a Don Julio tequila man and they served them to me as often as requested. My wife was even given a coconut from the trees to enjoy her Piña colada. Your wish is their command. Remember to Drink responsibly. Everyone was classy and that help make some romantic moments.
We would definitely go back. All inclusive is the only way to go. Thank you Live Aqua for the memories.

The only reason we didn't give them a 5 star was because we felt that the room decor could of used some help and having the option to watch "On Demand/New released Movies" in English, would of made our trip "flawless". We love to spend our nights laughing, eating, and cuddling.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MrDonJulio
Reviewed April 3, 2014

We stayed at the Live Aqua in February 2014. By far the best all inclusive we have ever stayed at. The food was amazing! My husband is a picky eater and he was full every meal! The resort was very clean, the staff was fun and friendly, and the service was great. The beach was amazing and the pools were warm and clean. Did I mention the food was to die for?! The bars had great selection-coke and Morgan and Crown 7 were served. I would go back in a heartbeat! Best deal that your money can buy. The mall is right across the street. I promise you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Stephanie K

Thank you very much for sharing your review with every reader of TripAdvisor. It was a pleasure host your recent vacation in Cancun and we are delighted to know that you had such a great and memorable time staying with us and enjoyed everything, from the food, the pools and especially the service. I am very pleased to learn from this review that staff of Live Aqua Cancun made the difference providing excellent service.

We will be looking forward to your next visit, do not hesitate to contact us for any assistance in the future.