“No Regrets!”

GreenLeadersGold level
Cadillac, MI
“No Regrets!”
Reviewed April 3, 2014

Live Aqua is one of the best all-inclusive hotels I have ever visited. I am just back from a girls getaway (March 28-April 2) and still can't stop smiling. Some of the nicest folks I have ever interacted with and the property looks just a beautiful in person as it does in photos.

Rooms - We upgraded to a Tiera Suite - king bed, separate lounge space, two bathrooms and two balconies. Let me say - so worth it! This gave us access to the Aqua Club (concierge suite with drinks and small plates). The suites come with a free cabana each day ($80 value) and was only $100 per night (we would have paid for a cabana each day anyway) and as a perk - 20 minute foot massage EVERY DAY by the pool! You can schedule your appointment each morning. Others in our party had a regular "garden view" room that was more than adequate and had an ocean view.

Food - we tried every restaurant except the up charge lobster restaurant. We went to Hidden Garden twice because the atmosphere and food were both delightful. MB was okay - I will admit I was pretty tipsy at dinner there but the habenero soup was delicious! Azur was not my favorite but the food was really good. The arugula pizza at the Italian place was great...as was their sangria. Each restaurant has a signature cocktail and everyone gets greeted with it upon arrival...nice touch. The mini-buffets by the pool are super good - and who doesn't like a hot dog while drinking in the afternoon?!! The Sea Corner on the beach has excellent fish tacos and ceviches. The sushi place by MB was okay for a snack. SIete was our place for breakfast and once for lunch. The buffet variety is amazing - something for everyone and after a long cold Michigan winter, the fresh fruit, smoothies, and fresh juices were refreshing! And the mimosas helped get our day started off right.

Pools/Beach - all the pools were beautiful and well maintained. The temperature varied by day - but if one was too cool, we just went to another! We did not have difficulty securing chairs by the pool or on the beach - yes, folks do get up early and "reserve" them with hats, magazine, etc. but we still managed to find great locations with lots of sun and shade without much trouble. The beach is gorgeous - it was really windy while we were there so not much swimming but lots of wading and beach walking.

Service - the service is impeccable. Check in for us was done on the 5th floor in the Aqua lounge. Eduardo met us in the lobby and escorted us to the 5th floor. He also provided a mini orientation of the property which was great. Nancy in the Aqua lounge checked us in, made sure we were relaxed and gave us a great hand massage to boot! We interacted with Nancy throughout our trip and she was pleasant, kind and very helpful each time (even when a bird flew into our suite from the balcony). She is a wonderful ambassador for the hotel. Oscar at Siete is a superstar server! We requested his section after the first day. Jonathan at the pool is also a very charming server. All the employees we encountered were service oriented and helpful.

We didn't make it to the spa - we will save that for next time - and there will be a next time for sure. Book your trip now - you will not regret it!

Room Tip: All the hallways echo - it is a trait of the tile used in all the rooms. If you are a light sleepe...
3 Thank dawncoon
Alfredo S, General Manager at Live Aqua Beach Resort Cancun, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay at Live Aqua Cancun. I am very pleased to read your review of our team, facilities and restaurants. I'm glad you found our Tierra Suite to be spacious and adequate for all your needs and it is wonderful that our staff was able to assist you with all your needs.

We are striving to be the #1 hotel in Cancun and comments like yours have always been of great assistance in fulfilling this mission. We try to make every stay, as close to perfection as possible and we will continue working hard in this direction.

Thank you again for your review and recommendations. We are looking forward to welcome you back.

Alfredo Santamaría

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,615)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Oceanside, California
Reviewed April 2, 2014

I had the pleasure of staying at Live Aqua this year March 13th-Sunday 16th 2014 and Oh my gosh do I wish I was still there:) My experience at Live Aqua is nothing short of Excellent. We stayed in a Aqua Suite on the 5th floor. And when we return I'd request the same room #5003. It's a beautiful suite and the location being on the same floor as the Aqua lounge is perfect. We had some issues with the tub leaking and the DVD not working but Alexandro in Reception made sure everything was taken care of quickly and gave us passes to use the Spa facilities. We visited the 5th floor lounge everyday several times a day:) We became very good friends with Nancy, our Concierge and Berna the server on the 5th floor during the day at night there is a young girl I feel horrible I can't remember her name she is really cute, petite and friendly. Along with enjoying the 5th floor lounge staying in an Aqua Suite allows you to get a daily massage in your cabana which you select where you want it daily. We chose to stay in a cabana on the beach......The beaches are just to incredible to not take advantage of every second and soak up the warm sun. Living in California we have nice pools, but beaches and white soft sand nope, that's one of the things that is calling me back to Live Aqua:)

The staff really puts a lot of care into preparing the food and making sure you have an enjoyable experience. Everything is so clean and the ingredients are freshly laid out every morning. We enjoyed our breakfast at Siete every morning, Carlos the manager at Siete really does an Amazing job, very cool guy. We tried The BigFoot at breakfast very big, two people could share this for sure, really tastey. We'd also prepare our quesadillas with chicken and pork cochinita, have fresh fruit and juices. Maybe a bagel w/lox along with a Tastey Mimosa or Stoli's Bloody Mary. Your on vacation go ahead have a Tequila shot or two of Herradura Reposado to open up your eyes and start the day of relaxation on the white sand beach. We dined at the Thai food place twice, this place is my favorite. The 2nd night we decided we'd rather eat in our suite and the manager had no problem packing up our dinner and sending it to our room:) Also a very cool woman, so sorry I can't remember her name. The We are both Foodies and I can't say enough about how delicious the food is here. The Thai food Hidden Garden restaurant is so beautiful too, the backdrop is these gorgeous tree's and candle light.....It's really just beautiful.

The Service here is Awesome. As the staff at Live Aqua says after any request "It is my pleasure" and they really treat you as they're #1 priority is to satisfy your every need. You ( a Live Aqua Guest) can make no request they will not fulfill.

Nancy was our concierge and every time we saw her she called us by name and made us feel welcome. Always with a sincere smile on her face. Live Aqua really made me into a true believer that All Inclusive is the Ultimate way to travel. We tipped because the outstanding service by the staff calls for it. We couldn't see it appropriate for us not to tip. I loved every minute of our stay and am looking forward to going back soon, very soon.

Room Tip: Aqua Suite #5003, Love it!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Lisa I
Alfredo S, General Manager at Live Aqua Beach Resort Cancun, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
Thank you for sharing such a wonderful review, it is rewarding and motivating at the same time to know that you have enjoyed every moment of your vacation with us. I’m glad to know that our efforts have reached it’s goal and you have enjoyed our restaurants, the comfort of your Aqua Suite and the general relaxing atmosphere, which we try to provide to our guests. Staff members are happy to know that their efforts have been appreciated, thank you for highlighting the excellent service that you received during your stay.

Thank you again for your kind comments, we are looking forward to welcome you back soon.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed April 2, 2014

This is one of the best all inclusive experiences that we have had. To give some perspective, we have stayed at RIU, Palace Resorts, Sandals, Couples and various small all inclusives in the Carribean.

The hotel is in excellent condition and very clean and well kept. Every staff member was very pleasant and nice to deal with.

We had a Tierra Suite which came with a cabana and 20 min foot massage daily. The room itself is actually two connecting hotel rooms with one being a bedroom and the other being a living room. Since it was two connecting rooms there were two bathrooms.

The cabanas were great and my wife enjoyed the foot massages.

If you have had good spa experiences, I would recommend that you pass on the spa at Live Aqua. The therapist did not seem very well trained. The facility itself was very nice.

In terms of our dining experiences, it was hit and miss. Some was very good and some not so good. This could be said for all their restaurants. You could get some items that were great and others that were not so good. The pizza place was extremely good with their brick oven and highly recommended.

The gym was in great condition and my wife enjoyed the yoga classes.

The beach was large and the water blue as you would expect. The surf at the beach was at times rough but they always had several life guards on duty watching over you.

The hotel seems to cater to the 30+ group and was very low key with not a lot of activities.

Overall we had a very pleasant trip and we plan on returning.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank badgerlaw2000
I would like to express my gratitude for the time you have taken to share this review and the valuable comments you’ve provided in it. I have no doubt that your review will be of a great help for many travelers while making their decision to visit Live Aqua Cancun. Thank you for the warm words regarding our staff, pools, food and general relaxing atmosphere, which we try to provide to our guests.

We are looking forward to welcome you back on many future occasions, which we will be happy to make very special for you.

Cumming, Georgia
Reviewed April 1, 2014 via mobile

This is the best all inclusive resort I have ever visited. Excellent food, service, and accommodations. The staff pampers you constantly without even requesting it. The pool and beach are beautiful. The resort actually has a few additional restaurants that are not even included on their website(an Italian place at the pool and a sushi bar).

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank thrice
Allow me to express my sincere gratefulness for sharing with us this generous comments about many of the services we have to offer to our guests. It's a true pleasure to know that your overall experience with us was enjoyable and met your expectations.

We all are looking forward to welcome you back to Live Aqua Cancun.

Minnesota
Reviewed March 31, 2014

The Live Aqua is a place that makes you feel welcome and wanted. We were there from the March 22-29th, they were at 100% occupancy, yet we felt like we were the most important guests there, no matter where we went. I never ran into a grumpy or down worker the whole week I was there, everyone I interacted with had a smile, a pleasant voice and a positive attitude! A few of the top notch outside servers were Luis ( who nicked named our group), Veronica, Alejandra, and their boss Oscar!! David and Wilbreth were the best bar tenders and of course the famous Chef Eric made our stay extra special. We met Chef Eric the first day and like others have mentioned he asked our group to be his guest at the MB...Wonderful! Chef Eric went out of his way to talk with us every time we passed him. He invited us back for a second night of special menu at MB and it was just as scrumptious as the first! At the Aqua Live if you get tired of the same food then it is your own fault for not going to all their different restaurants and trying new things. It is not the typical all inclusive where they have the same basic menu in all the locations...each of these restaurants have a unique feel and taste. I am looking forward to going back again!

The one down side was the lack of umbrellas... The game that was played to get chairs with umbrellas was just silly. Much of this was the selfishness of some patrons who would "reserve" their chairs with towels and magazines(in the middle of the night apparently) at both the pool and beach so they could go between as they wished...leaving one group of 4 unused at all times.

Our room and entire floor was so very quiet most of the stay, on our second to last day a large group of loud people showed up, and could be heard all down the hall. I'm glad they were not there all week!

I had a great spa experience, I would ask for Naivy again!

Overall this was the best all inclusive I have stayed at yet and I'm looking forward to a return visit.

Room Tip: If you are going at a high occupancy time like spring break, I would recommend getting the suite upg...
3 Thank mnshaw
Thank you so much for your wonderful review and for taking the time to share your experience with us. It’s truly rewarding to know that your stay with us was wonderful and that you were pleased with our restaurants, activities and location. Comments like yours, with details on what made your stay so memorable and names of every team member who made every effort to ensure that you wouldn’t want to leave our hotel, are always welcome with great enthusiasm by every staff member, as it is our inspiration for success and new achievements.

Regarding the "towel game" at the pool area, I assure you that we are doing our best to discourage guests to reserve the chairs without use them for a long time. We started this week with some rules and we will not allowed to reserve the chairs, if we found things unattended for more than 30 minutes we will send it to our lost & found department. We hope that this measures help us to minimize this situation, but much depends on the respect that people have for others.

It will be an honor to have you as our guests again, please feel free to contact us any time for pre-arrival arrangements.

Palatine, Illinois
Reviewed March 31, 2014

Live Aqua is on the best beach I have stayed at in Mexico. The staff takes immaculate care of it, and the white sand and crystal blue waters are even more beautiful than the pictures! My husband and I stayed for 5 nights and I'd first like to thank, Selene, at the front desk. She really took care of us and gave us a gorgeous view to celebrate our anniversary. Thank you again to her and for her being so accommodating, we really appreciated it! The service in the hotel is incredible. Our favorite beach server, David, was always there to refill our beverages or get us anything we needed. I've stayed at a few different Mexican all inclusives and the service really stood out. I wish there were maybe a couple of other restaurants to eat dinner at and the whole wake up at 6am to put a book on a chair isn't my favorite, but it is spring break, so I'm guessing that's only during the especially busy weeks. The shower head was also a weird sort of drip, not a spa like shower. Overall a great trip, beautiful beach, and really enjoyed it!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Carrie K
Please allow me to express my sincere gratefulness for sharing with us this generous comments about our staff and our services. All of us at Live Aqua Cancun are truly grateful for the honor you gave us to be a host of such a special time as your Wedding Anniversary, it's a true pleasure to know that your overall experience with us was enjoyable and met your expectations. I am happy to learn from this review that you were pleased with your stay and especially that our staff made a difference providing an excellent service.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

todos08
Reviewed March 31, 2014

Recently spent 7 days at Live and it lived up to all the great reviews! The staff was extremely friendly and made the stay relaxing. Always seeming to know exactly what you wanted before you even ask. Dave at poolside was wonderful! Waiters, bartenders, hostess, maids....Everyone was never without smiles and willingness to do anything. Reviewers are right about entertainment....there really isn't much to do at night. The beach bar was by far are favorite spot and suppose to be open untill 10 but there were nights it closed at 6 .....some nights 8 .....so that was disappointing. Definitely geared more toward relaxation. Food was good, unfortunately drinks and snacks poolside left us too full for dinners most nights. But do go into the cafe in the gift shop the desserts at night were fabulous! We had 8 of us in our group and everyone agreed the only downside was nightlife. Met some great people and would definitely hope back!

Room Tip: Room was fabulous 1266 I believe...no elevators to get there that was a plus as others did say they...
3 Thank todos08
Alfredo S, General Manager at Live Aqua Beach Resort Cancun, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Thank you for speaking so highly of our service and the quality of experience we offer to our guests, we are completely honored to receive such a positive feedback and read that your first visit to Live Aqua Cancun was enjoyable and met your expectations. I was most happy to read of your kind comments regarding the service you received from our staff, which is the greatest and probably most important element of our resort.

Thank you so much for your kind words and recommendations for future travelers, we are looking forward to the opportunity to welcome you back soon. Do not hesitate to contact us for any pre-arrival arrangement.