Live Aqua Beach Resort Cancun
$249
$190
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Le Blanc Spa Resort(Cancun)
$886
$150
$101
Agoda.com
9,868 results
All reviewshidden gardenhand massagemb restauranthabanero soupminute foot massageegos baraka barsushi stationazur restaurantmojito barrice artroom serviceswim up barocean fronta garden view roomspecial dinnerbeach bag
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 20, 2014

We just returned from our second visit to Live Aqua. Overall we were treated to outstanding service from the caring staff along with beautiful and superbly maintained facilities. The only reason that I didn't give this a 5 star rating was due to our experiences at the front desk. Upon our arrival on March 11th we were given room 4037 which happens to have 2 queen beds. I informed the desk clerk that I specifically requested a Garden View room with one king bed when I made the reservation this past November. I also mentioned that we encountered a similar problem upon our arrival in March of 2013. At that moment I'm thinking that next year perhaps we'll try a different resort. After a few minutes she was able to have a front desk manager speak with me. He offered us an upgrade to an Ocean View room, available in two days, with one king bed at no additional cost. As much as we dislike having to pack up our belongings we felt this would be a great opportunity to try a room with a better view which could influence our future choices. Two days later the staff moved our luggage into room 3038. It turned out to be another Garden View room but it did have our requested king bed. Actually the view from that room type is still awesome and the price is even better. A final comment about the staff at the front desk - upon check out the young lady did not bother to ask us anything about our stay or our experience at the resort. She merely handed us a form to give to the person who would direct us to our shuttle driver who would take us back to the airport. Aside from our experiences at the front desk everyone else that we encountered were absolutely phenomenal! But the real gem amongst the employees that we dealt with was Christian, our waiter, at Azur! He provided such incredible service that we dined at Azur 6 out of our 7 nights. After our first dinner he put the menus away and treated us to a special dinner created by chef Francisco the next 5 nights. Christian personally prepared a unique desert for our table each night. The staff at Azur, including the manager Jahaziel and their hostess Monzerrat, function as a professionally trained team who truly take pride in providing over-the- top service and perfectly prepared food to their guests. Ask for them by name and you will be in for a treat.
The decision to return again next year was an easy one to make and we look forward to experiencing the hospitality that the employees of Live Aqua are sure to provide.

2  Thank Keith B
Reviewed March 20, 2014

I stayed here in November (8-12) 2013 for my birthday after booking through TripAdvisor. Arrived at the hotel and was greeted with tea - for me, I could have preferred alcohol :P but guess it goes will the relaxation vibe of the resort.

Everyone was very friendly - at first, the front desk told us they only had 2 double beds - and on Expedia I had not put in a preference. Luckily for us they miraculously found a King bed, although the room was a bit of a walk from the elevator.

We stayed in a garden room, but still had a view of the ocean. We weren't in the room that much, so for us no need to spend the extra $$ to upgrade.

The food at the resort was good - although the service was a bit slow. The restaurant outside by the ocean was always busy, and it seemed like our table always took a backseat to larger groups. Not very impressed.

I did enjoy how you did not have to make reservations for dinner though, definitely a plus when a lot of all-inclusives force you to wait in a line to get a table hours beforehand. Here you have more time to enjoy the beach!

One day we went to the beach bar with the swings, however, service was slow as they are usually making drinks for everyone on the beach. I was able to get Ketel One, which was a huge plus for me.

My favorite part of the trip was sitting at the bar next to the gym/sushi. It was always quiet right before dinner and you were able to sit, talk, and get drinks - perfect!

Be careful, you can get lost in the elavtors if you are not careful and think your room went missing :)

I would recommend this hotel, as long as you are okay with the few issues described above. Next trip will be trying a new resort to compare.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank stm1189
Reviewed March 19, 2014

My husband and I stayed at Live Aqua for 7 nights at the end of February. We have stayed at many adults only all-inclusive including Sandals Whitehouse, Secrets The Vine and Excellence Playa Mujeres.

ROOM: After reading many reviews, I had contacted concierge about upgrading to a suite prior to our arrival. I am so glad I did! The upgrade was money well spent, in my opinion. The problem with being in a suite and checking in at the Club Level is that no orientation is provided. When you get out of your taxi, you are whisked away to the 5th floor from the lobby without having a minute or two to take in your surroundings. The staff at the club were very nice and we were checked into our room rather quickly. Our room on the 4th floor was very nice with a great view. On a couple of occasions, we had to call and ask for bath towels. Our room had been serviced but only 1 bath towel was left or none, again very strange. The first time we went down to the 1st level, where the pool and all the restaurants are located, we couldn’t figure out which elevator we needed to take to get us back to our room. It is similar to a hotel in Vegas, where a certain bank of elevators takes you to certain rooms. However, there are no markings above the elevators and once inside you see the room numbers on the floors although your room number may not be listed, the elevator will still take you there. It is very strange and at times beyond frustrating. All I can say is if your room is on the 4th floor, always use the bank of elevators located near the café. We enjoyed going to the club every morning, sitting on the balcony with the USA Today and a cup of coffee before hitting the gym. We also enjoyed heading up there in the late afternoon for a glass of wine and watch the sunset. But the best part of upgrading to a suite was definitely the ability to reserve a cabana each day! My biggest pet peeve at any all-inclusive we have ever been is the “towel game”. I hate that my husband gets up at the crack of dawn simply to find us chairs, makes me crazy. The fact that he didn’t have to do that for this trip made it even more enjoyable! Not to mention the 20 minute foot massage every day! Talk about spoiled!!

FOOD: We thought the breakfast buffet was OK. We both liked the variety for breakfast that The Vine offered much better. Lunches at Live Aqua were good. We really enjoyed having lunch at AZUR. You must try the crab salad, delish! We ate dinner at all the restaurants and thought AZUR was the best. We actually ate there twice. After our first time, we saw a couple of things on the menu that we wanted to go back and try. However, the second time we ate there, the menu was changed. A bit disappointed but still found something new to try and enjoyed our dinner. We were not impressed with MB. Our steak was just ok and we have had really good steak at other all-inclusive properties we have been to. The Italian place is better for lunch than dinner. Also really enjoyed the Asian restaurant. The Mexican restaurant was good. If you go, be sure to get the Mexican coffee after dinner. Very good. We also enjoyed the sushi bar. Although, they were very busy, the wait can be done at the bar, which is nice. The rolls they make are really good. Be sure not to miss the pastries and the desserts at the café.

POOL & BEACH: Really love the beach at this hotel. You can walk for miles. The water is a beautiful shade of aqua and the sand is so fine. You can also walk out into the water 50 yards or so before it begins to cover your waist. The pools are nice. The first few days we were there, the pool with the swim up bar was really warm. Service around the pool was also very good.

GYM: We found the gym to be rather small and it was the busiest gym we have ever seen at an all-inclusive. Some of the treadmills were not working and there was always a wait for all the cardio machines. There are some free weights but with everything compacted and busy, not much room to really do your own workout. You may get a better work out by walking on the beach.

OVERALL: We had a wonderful vacation and find it really hard to complain when the staff is very attentive and nice. With that said, we will not return to Live Aqua. We just didn’t find it to be at the same level (mainly the food) as Secrets The Vine or Excellence Playa Mujeres.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
6  Thank luv2travel074
Reviewed March 19, 2014

We stayed at the Live Aqua in a group of 7 and we loved the quietness of the hotel due to it being adults only. The MB restaurant and the secret garden restaurants were incredible and well worth the wait each night to get a table. I didn't rate the buffets very much but i guess that's what you get when you go to a buffet.

The staff were all very friendly and helpful, we had trouble understanding a few as we don't speak any Spanish but we got by with some hand gestures and nodding!

The pool area was beautiful and I only wish we had of had better weather to enjoy it a little more! the gym facilities were good and the size of the gym was also quite good. A few of the treadmills didn't work and could use a bit of a attention but there were quite a few of them so we just tried a few until we got one that worked.

The one thing i think this hotel could improve on is breakfast. The buffet breakfast wasn't very nice and the other option at the MB restaurant wasn't bad but i think the hotel could benefit from an al a carte option for a nicer breakfast rather than just a buffet that didn't have the most appetising options for breakfast.

The hotel is expensive but if you eat at MB restaurant and the secret garden i think it is well worth it, just avoid the buffet if you can!

Room Tip: We didn't spend a great deal of time in our room so a city view was more than sufficent.
2  Thank Kate013
Reviewed March 19, 2014

20 years in Mexico and I have found my new home.Spectacular service from Chef Eric and Chef Alexandro.Drinks were perfect and the suite is the way to go.Nancy in Aqua club is a jewel and made sure everything was perfect.Nail salon is grate too!Pizza by the pool and great coffee drinks in the cafe with sweets to die for.If you need anything please just kindly ask and you will receive.Many thanks to the general manager who took time out to speak to us.Oscar was very helpful too! WE Loved our stay and previously always stayed the most at The Royal now Hyatt Z. Live Aqua has won us over by a landslide ! Just Go and you will be as amazed as Litten Larry and I were.

5  Thank jamminjudy