My husband and I stayed at Live Aqua for 7 nights at the end of February. We have stayed at many adults only all-inclusive including Sandals Whitehouse, Secrets The Vine and Excellence Playa Mujeres.
ROOM: After reading many reviews, I had contacted concierge about upgrading to a suite prior to our arrival. I am so glad I did! The upgrade was money well spent, in my opinion. The problem with being in a suite and checking in at the Club Level is that no orientation is provided. When you get out of your taxi, you are whisked away to the 5th floor from the lobby without having a minute or two to take in your surroundings. The staff at the club were very nice and we were checked into our room rather quickly. Our room on the 4th floor was very nice with a great view. On a couple of occasions, we had to call and ask for bath towels. Our room had been serviced but only 1 bath towel was left or none, again very strange. The first time we went down to the 1st level, where the pool and all the restaurants are located, we couldn’t figure out which elevator we needed to take to get us back to our room. It is similar to a hotel in Vegas, where a certain bank of elevators takes you to certain rooms. However, there are no markings above the elevators and once inside you see the room numbers on the floors although your room number may not be listed, the elevator will still take you there. It is very strange and at times beyond frustrating. All I can say is if your room is on the 4th floor, always use the bank of elevators located near the café. We enjoyed going to the club every morning, sitting on the balcony with the USA Today and a cup of coffee before hitting the gym. We also enjoyed heading up there in the late afternoon for a glass of wine and watch the sunset. But the best part of upgrading to a suite was definitely the ability to reserve a cabana each day! My biggest pet peeve at any all-inclusive we have ever been is the “towel game”. I hate that my husband gets up at the crack of dawn simply to find us chairs, makes me crazy. The fact that he didn’t have to do that for this trip made it even more enjoyable! Not to mention the 20 minute foot massage every day! Talk about spoiled!!
FOOD: We thought the breakfast buffet was OK. We both liked the variety for breakfast that The Vine offered much better. Lunches at Live Aqua were good. We really enjoyed having lunch at AZUR. You must try the crab salad, delish! We ate dinner at all the restaurants and thought AZUR was the best. We actually ate there twice. After our first time, we saw a couple of things on the menu that we wanted to go back and try. However, the second time we ate there, the menu was changed. A bit disappointed but still found something new to try and enjoyed our dinner. We were not impressed with MB. Our steak was just ok and we have had really good steak at other all-inclusive properties we have been to. The Italian place is better for lunch than dinner. Also really enjoyed the Asian restaurant. The Mexican restaurant was good. If you go, be sure to get the Mexican coffee after dinner. Very good. We also enjoyed the sushi bar. Although, they were very busy, the wait can be done at the bar, which is nice. The rolls they make are really good. Be sure not to miss the pastries and the desserts at the café.
POOL & BEACH: Really love the beach at this hotel. You can walk for miles. The water is a beautiful shade of aqua and the sand is so fine. You can also walk out into the water 50 yards or so before it begins to cover your waist. The pools are nice. The first few days we were there, the pool with the swim up bar was really warm. Service around the pool was also very good.
GYM: We found the gym to be rather small and it was the busiest gym we have ever seen at an all-inclusive. Some of the treadmills were not working and there was always a wait for all the cardio machines. There are some free weights but with everything compacted and busy, not much room to really do your own workout. You may get a better work out by walking on the beach.
OVERALL: We had a wonderful vacation and find it really hard to complain when the staff is very attentive and nice. With that said, we will not return to Live Aqua. We just didn’t find it to be at the same level (mainly the food) as Secrets The Vine or Excellence Playa Mujeres.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Live Aqua Cancun, a welcoming place, where being is the first part of feeling. Your senses work together. It's a prism of colors, eclectic rhythms, and seductive details. Enjoy the fusion of idyllic days and energizing nights. It is a monument to your arrival to this Cancun Spa Resort. This sophisticated beachfront resort lies along white sand beaches, across the street from La Isla Shopping Mall and walking distance from some of the best restaurants and shopping malls in the city. Exotic drinks, barefoot luxury and activities overlooking the resort's 8 infinity pools are just part of the exquisite details within our All Inclusive concept. Music worships you at every step, with changes in rhythms that match the emotions you feel and the space around you. The sound is never the same, but always relaxing, exciting and harmonic. Arriving, leaving, just belonging makes you sigh with peace. The Aqua aroma seeps into every nook and cranny up to the sky, down to the sea. Return to yourself. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Live Aqua Beach Resort Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Live Aqua Cancun All Inclusive Hotel Cancun
- Cancun Aqua Hotel
- Aqua Hotel Cancun
- Fiesta Americana Grand Aqua