“Will be back.”

GreenLeadersGold level
Appleton, Wisconsin
“Will be back.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014

Just got back from our 2nd trip to Live Aqua,as with the first trip it was outstanding. The property is very clean and the staff very friendly.We really liked the sushi bar near MB restaurant. I had the pleasure of meeting Chef Eric and Chef Fernando, I can't say enough about these men and their staffs, they had us as dinner guests at the MB and it was amazing. Omar the server we had at MB worked hard to make sure we enjoyed our dinner. We also greatly enjoyed our 2 dinners at the Hidden Garden, our server Luis was unbelievable. The pools are very nice and the service we had from Mayra and Roosevelt was very good. I wish that there was more evening entertainment but the lack of it would not prevent us from returning. It seems as if you ask for something special they go out of their way to make it happen.

1 Thank Mike V
Alfredo S, General Manager at Live Aqua Beach Resort Cancun, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
I would like to express my gratitude for the time you have taken to share this review and the valuable comments you’ve provided in it. I have no doubts that your review will be of a great help for many travelers while making their decision to visit Live Aqua Cancun. Thank you for the warm words regarding our team, service, food and general relaxing atmosphere, which we try to provide to our guests.

We appreciate your loyalty to our hotel, we are looking forward to welcome you back on many future occasions, which we will be happy to make very special for you.

Alfredo Santamaría

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,561)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014

First, I did a lot of research on this site to decide where to stay. This site was VERY helpful and mostly accurate, and I booked based on what I read about this resort. I have been to several all inclusives and have been somewhat disappointed in the past. Live Aqua restored my faith that you can have a great experience with great value at an all inclusive!
I had read to request a floor above 4 for the best view, but none were available. We got the second floor (room 2018) and I was sad at first...then we were taken to our room and I was amazed. The view was perfect! (We were in the center part of the hotel not on side) We spent every night on the balcony. When booking we opted for oceanview and it was WELL worth the upgrade.
I tried to find info on this site about the spa, but didn't find much ahead of time. I went ahead and booked an 80min massage which was about $150 (a 50 min runs just over $100) I am a bit of a spa snob so I have high standards, and this was the best massage experience ever! Included in the price are some nice perks- sauna, steam room, hydrotherapy pools. Plan on spending at least 2 hours there. The staff is so professional and sincere--they truly want you to enjoy and relax. I met some other ladies who split a package up and did a massage one day and a body scrub the next so they could enjoy the spa experience/perks twice--smart idea. My only spa complaint is that I could here workers/men's voices on the other side of the wall during my massage. I think there was construction or some major activity going on beside the spa. Everything else was over the top so I really cant complain.

I agree with other reviewers that it is best to get up early to get chairs, they fill quickly especially on weekends. Bring some magazines to lay out at your chair to reserve it if you want a great seat. Keep in mind that some workers are tipped by guest to reserve chairs early. I saw workers putting out towels on the reserved cabanas and also regular lounge chairs as early as 5:30am. The beach always had chairs, the pool areas are more of the issue. Some chairs are packed in tight at the pool so be prepared to sit elbow to elbow with others if it is crowded. The swim up bar and in front of Azur bar is where the "fun" crowd tends to be. I preferred a quieter experience in between both. It pays to be an early bird and get your chairs by 6:30-7 and eat at Siete with no wait and small crowds before 8.
We ate at all restaurants except the lobster place which is extra $. I think it was about $60 per person to go there. MB was ok, but I agree with other reviewers--it isn't the BEST place on the resort. We also noticed the long wait times, and tons of empty tables once you got in there.
I especially liked the Hidden Garden--which you can easily miss if you aren't paying attention. It is the coolest atmosphere! The décor, food and service was impressive. Roy helped us select our meals and we were thrilled with our food. Wine was also great.
You could also easily miss the restaurant below the swim up bar (Sea Creatures-- I think it was called) great for a quick lunch seafood tacos, ceviche, etc. Sushi bar also had excellent service and yummy sushi. (we took ours "to go" and enjoyed it on our balcony)

Someone wrote that its best not to read these reviews because it sets up your expectations. I disagree!! I went to Live Aqua with high expectations based on reviews and it totally lived up to the online reputation. The workers were so sincere and kind, the resort was clean, the food was good, the beach was picture perfect. I am so glad I chose this resort! I have never returned to the same resort twice, but that will change. This resort knows how to treat you well so you return later. Added touches like Valentines Day balloons and aromatherapy in your room make guests feel happy and taken care of while on vacation.

My advice- read up on the reviews, realize that some people are NEVER happy and will complain regardless, check out the map so you know where everything is, reserve your chair early and sit back and enjoy all that Live Aqua has to offer!

6 Thank Jill F
Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review. It is a pleasure for me to know that your experience at Live Aqua Cancun exceeded your expectations; our number one priority is to make every guest experience exceptional and unique as it can be, thank you for letting us know how memorable and special was your stay with us. We are striving to be the #1 hotel in Cancun and comments like yours have always been of great assistance in fulfilling this mission.

Thank you for your recommendations, we are looking forward to having you as our guests again and make every effort to exceed your expectations.

Boulder, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014

Superb service, gorgeous indoor and outdoor settings. Fantastic food and ample choices. The staff are the best ever! Lorena is amazing and provides very individualized guest services. Eric, the Executive Chef, if very friendly and has set a very high standard for his chefs and staff and it shows. David, who works around the beach bars, is extremely attentive and focused on providing great service.

Room Tip: The end rooms have large balconies but could be hot during the summer months.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Ardith F
ok
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014

Spent 4 nights at this wonderful resort. We were told by the limo driver that this hotel was hit by a hurricane and was remodeled 5 or 6 years ago.

The first thing that hit us was this resort is not as big as some of the other we have stayed at. This was a welcome sight. The hotel is very clean and has everything anyone would need. There is a fantastic fitness center, a spa, and numerous restaurants.

Our room was on the 5th floor which is on the Aqua Club level. There is a lounge area for only those staying on that level. The lounge was nice addition to get of the sun. Our room was quite small but very nice. My biggest complaint is that we had to call multiple times for things not working in our room. Had to call twice to get the TV to turn off. The toilet buttons fell off the wall. We also had to call to get our room cleaned, which did not happen, but we were leaving the next day.

The thing that sets this place apart is the food and the pools. The food was unbelievably good. There are multiple restaurants there but none are real large, so the wait times can be a little longer than usual. My wife is a vegan and the chef met us at checkin to make sure she knew what items were available at the different restaurants. One of our favorite places was Hidden Garden.

The pools are also one of the nicest we have seen. There are multiple pools. We seem to go to the pool with the swim up bar as it seemed to be the warmest. My suggestion is to get a cabana. They all have curtains than you can pull to create shade from the sun.

We will definitely go back to Live Aqua. It was in a great location with a mall just across the street and very close to the airport.

Room Tip: The Aqua Club Level was worth the extra $25/night
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
4 Thank tlfinokc
Thank you for sharing your review, which helped us to identify the areas of opportunity encountered during your stay, I do regret that we did not meet all your expectations during the time you spent with us and assure you that this is not typical of service here at Live Aqua Cancun. Let me assure you that all the points you discussed in your review are taken into consideration and will be used to bring our services to the level where we can meet and even exceed every expectation of our highly appreciated guests.

Thank you for mentioning the positive sides of your vacation with us and the services that made your stay more comfortable. It will be an honor to have you as our guests again, do not hesitate to contact us if you require any assistance in the future.

Kalamazoo, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

We went to Live Aqua Cancun with a group of 6. We had two birthdays and Valentines Day in the same week. Everyone gave such great service and made the whole week so much fun. The rooms were great but we definitely recommend upgrading to the ocean view. The pools were amazing and the view in the morning was beautiful. When sitting by the pool, find where Mayra is the waitress and don't move the whole week! She was fantastic. Azur was the best restaurant for lunch or dinner. Ask for Wilfrido and you will not be disappointed! He made us special arrangements with chef Francisco for a birthday dinner and he did not let us down! Can't say enough about the service in the entire resort from breakfast to late night. Our rooms had little surprises all week and we're very well taken care of. We will definitely be going back soon!

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Jason C
Thank you for sharing your review of Live Aqua Cancun. We're happy to hear we exceeded your expectations and we were able to provide a fantastic stay for you. I am sure that your feedback will serve as an encouragement to our team as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Thank you again for your kind comments, we are looking forward to welcome you back soon.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

Book your airport transfer with USA transfer, very smooth, easy & professional and only $65 round trip for a private car for 4 people!

Was concerned from previous posts that the aromatherapy would be overpowering... It's not at all! Beautifully subtle, welcoming & relaxing. The burner in your room can simply be turned off if you don't like it.

Check in was fast and easy, we were are a group of 4 friends and we upgraded to 2 Tierra suites for an additional $120/night/room. This is definitely the way to go if you are with friends and want some privacy... More on the room in a minute.

We arrived around 1pm and were delighted to find our rooms were ready. Enjoyed hand massages and cold iced tea in the modern lobby and no word about timeshare was mentioned until the next day at the pool. We politely declined and they moved on... No hassle here at all.

The Tierra suites: Exceeded my expectation! This room is really two regular rooms adjoining with one room made into the living room. Couch here is L shaped and completely flat so with some bedding, it made for a perfectly comfortable bed. In fact 2 people could easily & comfortably sleep in this room as each piece of the "L" is separate & moveable.

Both rooms in the Tierra suite had their own full bathrooms with tub, separate shower and a very nice supply of quality toiletries. Nice closets with wooden shelving provided ample room to unpack and beach bag & flip-flops were provided. Both rooms also had their own ocean front balconies overlooking the amazing colors of the Caribbean and the beautiful hotel pools & grounds. Off to a great start!

The pools: AMAZING!! True there are pools with different temperatures however the differences are subtle and all are comfortable. Water was perfect with no time needed to adjust, simply heaven.

With the room suite came a guaranteed cabana each day, alone making the room upgrade worthwhile. You simply book your cabana of choice with Octavio at the pool stand the day prior and there is no worrying about having to find your spot the next day. As mentioned in other reviews, the cabana comes with 20 minute foot massages each day as well. Lovely.

We found pool service to be good, we tipped everyday, sometimes a few times a day, and they kept the food & drinks coming, sometimes without us even ordering! If you ask, they will deliver you food from the restaurants to your cabana as well.

Beach: Gorgeous, soft white sand abounds and there are plenty of cabanas and chairs here to enjoy. Probably one of the best beaches I've ever been to and was pleasantly surprised that there were very few vendors who did not bother you at all, contrary to what another reviewer said.

Restaurants: We ate every morning at Siete's beautiful breakfast buffet and were always happy. Assortment is great, food hot and fresh.

Lunch favorite was Sea Corner, a small area with tables & chairs right in the sand with a most amazing view of the water and beach. Fish tacos here are delicious, chips and guacamole are served while you wait.

Our favorite dinner place was Hidden Garden, ate there twice and found everything delicious both times. This restaurant has a great ambiance, beautiful surroundings and excellent service provided by Luis. Do know that all dining experiences at Live Aqua are long, nothing comes particularly fast so go before you are famished.

MB was decent, found it unbearably warm in there however and service was super slow. After an almost 2 hr dinner, waited 25 min for dessert which never came so we just left.

Azure was good, order Mexican coffee for a neat fire presentation.

Spa: Go!! Had two 80 min massages during our stay and loooooved it. Facilities and service here are impeccable with a 1 hr session before your service consisting of sauna, steam bath, cool cucumber towels, jacuzzi & cold pool. Request Elssie for the best massage of your life.

Overall: The property competes with some of the nicest 5 star resorts I've been to in the world. Facilities are modern, bright, airy, clean and inviting. People are extremely friendly and want to make sure you are happy. Weakest link here would be the food and slow food service but I'd come back in a heartbeat.

• Stayed February 2014
5 Thank Sandiegomo
Thank you very much for taking time and sharing your experience with us. At Live Aqua Cancun we strive to make every stay, as close to perfection as possible and we will continue working hard in order to achieve this goal. Comments like yours have always been of great assistance in fulfilling this mission. We really appreciate your constructive criticism and suggestions shared with us, it’s importance is priceless in an effort to provide comfort and relaxing moments to our guests.

Thank you again for your valuable review, please feel free to contact us for any assistance in the future.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2014

Just got back from Live Acqua..OceanfrontAquaClub 5th floor..Incredible Ocean Front views..Beautiful resort... Have stayed in many Resorts in Cancun and Playa.. This is tops.Valentines dinner on the Beach great for Full Moon

NOT A NIGHTLIFE RESORT. RELAXATION ONLY..upscale

Food is Exceptional and 5 Star..Pool Cabanas Slick as if you were in Miami...
GET Cabana 16 by the Hot Tub.. Great people watching