My wife and I, along with another couple (close friends of ours), just got back from staying at Live Aqua in Cancun. We were celebrating our respective wedding anniversaries. Overall, we had a blast!
The pool is amazing! It is so picturesque looking out at the Caribbean Sea while sipping on a cocktail in the infinity pool. It's quite relaxing! I want to say thanks to Andres for all of his hard work. He made our days by the pool unforgettable. He took such good care of us.
Myra was another hard worker that went out of her way to take care of us, bringing us drinks and multiple plates of guacamole.
Thank you Andreas and Myra!
My wife and I are vegetarians. After contacting the resort a few weeks prior to our trip, I received an email from Eric, the head chef at the resort. That caught me by surprise and I was very pleased that he took time out of his busy schedule to address our dietary concerns. In fact, when we arrived, Eric and the head chefs at each of the restaurants on site came to welcome us. That was amazing! They told us to ask for them when we arrived at any of the restaurants and they would take care of us. I was pleased to hear that. However, I must say, that is easier said than done. These chefs are very busy and the last thing I want to do is interrupt them while they are hard at work. So we never sought any of the head chefs out. Instead, we would mention to the waiters that we were vegetarians. They pretty much came up with a canned response that they could whip up some pasta and veggies. We were fine with that. However, in more than one case, when it was supposed to be vegetarian, it was not. A suggestion to the resort, have the head chefs of each restaurant make the waiting staff aware that there are people with dietary concerns on site and encourage the waiting staff to take care of them. I'm not just talking about vegetarians, but people with allergies (shell fish, gluten, etc.) as well. Maybe have one or two options or have them ask the head chef for suggestions. We're not too picky, but that's just a suggestion.
I will say this though, the morning buffet is pretty darn tasty and has a lot to offer. I want to especially say thanks to Maria at the Taco bar as she makes an awesome veggie taco!
Last but not least, the chefs that went way beyond the call of duty were Esteban and Venessa the Sushi restaurant. I mentioned that I was a vegetarian and they without hesitation said they would prepare a "special" meal for me. And they did! It was spectacular! So we went back a few more times and each time they went out of their way to take care of us. Thank you so much!
I'd like to also give a special thanks to the room staff that greeted us each night with special anniversary designs, champagne and/or chocolates. It helped make our anniversary trip very memorable! Thanks again!
The two biggest cons in my mind:
1). noise in the hallway travels right through the paper-thin walls
2). shower pressure goes in and out and is quite annoying, but with a little patience and persistence, it works out
All in all, we had a lot of fun! We like to hop around a lot, but if we came back to Cancun, we would definitely consider returning to Live Aqua.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Live Aqua Cancun, a welcoming place, where being is the first part of feeling. Your senses work together. It's a prism of colors, eclectic rhythms, and seductive details. Enjoy the fusion of idyllic days and energizing nights. It is a monument to your arrival to this Cancun Spa Resort. This sophisticated beachfront resort lies along white sand beaches, across the street from La Isla Shopping Mall and walking distance from some of the best restaurants and shopping malls in the city. Exotic drinks, barefoot luxury and activities overlooking the resort's 8 infinity pools are just part of the exquisite details within our All Inclusive concept. Music worships you at every step, with changes in rhythms that match the emotions you feel and the space around you. The sound is never the same, but always relaxing, exciting and harmonic. Arriving, leaving, just belonging makes you sigh with peace. The Aqua aroma seeps into every nook and cranny up to the sky, down to the sea. Return to yourself. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cancelon, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Live Aqua Beach Resort Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Live Aqua Cancun All Inclusive Hotel Cancun
- Cancun Aqua Hotel
- Aqua Hotel Cancun
- Fiesta Americana Grand Aqua