“Welcome to Sunshine Paradise”

Live Aqua Beach Resort Cancun
Ranked #4 of 175 Hotels in Cancun
GreenLeadersGold level
Markham, Canada
“Welcome to Sunshine Paradise”
Reviewed November 26, 2013

I visited this resort just last week from Nov 18-25th. I love to travel and every time I would plan my vacation with a lot of research on shopping, and food. I have been to a few big cities and hotels and never would write reviews for them because I didn't think they were all that great. I am a picky person because I work in the retail and customer relations.

This was my first time in Cancun Mexico and I was very skeptical about it. I heard a lot of dangerous stories and news but I still like some adventure. I didn't think I would stay in the resort that much because I stayed in the resort for the most of my trip.

First I will start off with the location of the resort, it's in the middle of everything. I didn't have to travel far or even rent a car to the malls. Big plus for the ladies who love shopping and men who don't wanna leave the pool bars. The two malls were just in front of the hotel.

Second, the service there was extraordinary! Now, I know a lot of you would think because it's a 5 star hotel, you would expect the service or the staffs are trying hard to earn the tips and being pushy. I did read a lot of the people were talking about the staffs at different resorts being pushy or hearing sob stories from staffs to earn an extra buck. But I did not experience any of those and the service of the team of staffs from housekeeping to bartenders to waiters at the different types of restaurants were amazing and they treat you as a friend. I don't speak or understand spanish and the staffs are all bilingual. The reason why I would say they are not working for your tips because I'm not a big tipper and they are genuine about providing great customer service. Anything I asked for comes back with a response, "Absolutely, no problem". Now how comfortable and amazing does that feel?

Third, I would like to applause to the head chef Eric. He really made my stay very memorable. As a chef, I know how busy you can be with prepping staffs to prepping meals. Upon my arrival, he greeted at the front doors with his staffs. He specially prepared meals for my bf and I. I didn't expect this from a chef and his staffs. He made me feel like we were important and not just a guest staying the week. It felt like it was his house and he was preparing different meals for us to try. I'm picky with my food and I loved every meal that was prepared by him and his amazing team of staffs. Even the 24 hr in room service served the best meals. It wasn't left over food from restaurants. The delivery service was quick and responsive. All the waiters and chefs knew how to describe the meals and what to recommend. I asked for a lot of "surprise me" meals and believe me they were Fantastic! !

Fourth, I was looking for a very relaxing retreat and I've got it! They had a very relaxing atmosphere in the rooms and in the whole resort. The aroma in the resort were like spa. From the lobby to the room, the aroma of the scented oils made me very relaxed and even the drinks were more enjoyable. The rooms were cleaned twice everyday.

Overall, the amazing team of staffs there made me want to stay at the resort more than anything! I didn't even bother going out for dinner because every meal was better than the next. Listen, we didn't ask for over the top service, but it was provided with pleasure!! I'm already planning to go back next year!! MUST GO MEET CHEF ERIC!!

Ivy C.

Room Tip: make sure you try the spa at the beginning of the trip as you get to use the steam room during the w...
4 Thank Ivy C
ManagerAQCU, General Manager at Live Aqua Beach Resort Cancun, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
We are completely honored to read that your first visit to Live Aqua Cancun was enjoyable and exceeded your expectations. We truly appreciate all the positive remarks about our resort and especially about the service, it’s very important to know that we were able to meet your expectations.

I will pass on your comments to my staff as they continue improving our personalized service.
We are looking forward to having you as our guests again and make every effort to exceed your expectations.

Alfredo Santamaría

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,615)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Whitby, Canada
Reviewed November 26, 2013

This was my first trip to Cancun with my girlfriend and we stayed at Live Aqua between Nov 18-25. The room we booked was an Ocean View room.

So where do I even begin, upon arrival to the hotel you are greeted with the staff handing out cold towels and ice tea while you are checking into your room. Shortly after as I was heading up to my room, I was fortunate enough to actually meet the Executive Chef of the Resort (Chef Eric De Maeyer). We spoke briefly for a few minutes and invited us back down after we settled into our room to give us a tour of the resort. This was a huge surprise, with the chefs busy schedule he took time out of his regular routine of overlooking the many restaurants to walk us around the entire resort and introduce us to every head chef of the 7 restaurants on the resort. After this tour the chef invited us to a dinner he was specially going to cook for the two of us later in the week and did he deliver. The meals that the chef made for us at the restaurant MB was not on the menu that is offered from the resort but something that he puts a lot of time and heart into making for his guests, my girlfriend and I were astounded by how amazing this meal was and how the chef personally gave us a run down of what he made for us after the meal was brought over. Even more surprising was what happened after the meal, Chef Eric personally invited us for dinner again the following night and created another dish for us the following evening. By then we had gotten to know some of the follow staff on the resort and one of the managers on duty (Jonthan) invited us to our final dinner at Azus with Chef Francisio. Every dinner we have had created more and more memories with us at this resort, from the courtesy of the Chefs to the friendliness of each staff member that works at the Resort.

The room service at the resort was superb as well, from the little things such as leaving treats for us on our bed to giving us extra sets of the scented oils for us to use in the room. Finally the bartenders at the resort was also excellent. I had gotten to know Santiago from the pool bar quite well and that man honestly kept my hands full of beverages throughout the entire time I was there.

Also in the Egos bar, David and his staff kept us all entertained the entire night. From making us take shots to making drinks with fire, he made us laugh and have a good time the nights that we were there.

I must say this is a resort that I am already planning on going back next year, the week that we were there went by too quickly and my girlfriend and I are planning on going for a week and a half to two weeks next year already. I hope this review gives you guys something to look forward to if you are planning on going to this resort.

Eric

3 Thank Eric C
Allow me to take this opportunity to express my gratitude for your review, it's our pleasure to know that Live Aqua Cancun met with your expectations with the quality of the food and our outstanding service. Thank you for mentioning those members of our team who made a difference and took a great part in creating an unforgettable vacation for you.

We are looking forward of having the honor of being your hosts again.

Miami, Florida
Reviewed November 26, 2013

Besides the door slamming’s by housekeeping at all hours, we truly had no complaints. Great resort; love the pool areas and the cabana options. A few aggressive workers on our first day there trying to push the timeshare meetings - a little too much for our first time there. But again, the resort is excellent and very clean which we loved. The hidden garden was our favorite place to dine and AKA bar to hang. Also the pizza and pasta place loved it there!! Great pizza! The resort can use better selections on the Azur menu. Overall a great place for adults to get away!! We will be back.

Room Tip: High floors or the suites on 5th floor.
3 Thank CraignIvette
Thank you very much for sharing your review, it's a true pleasure to know that your overall experience with us was enjoyable and met your expectations. Every feedback we receive is very valuable for us as it is our most reliable source to locate areas we have to work at, in order to meet our guests expectations. Our guest's comfort during entire stay is our greatest priority, let me assure you that all the points you mentioned in your review are taken into consideration and will be used to bring our services to the level where we can meet and even exceed every expectation of our highly appreciated guests.

Thank you again and on behalf of all Live Aqua staff, we hope for the opportunity to serve you again and to do our best to make your next vacation an exceptional and memorable experience. Do not hesitate to contact us for any assistance in the future.

HILTON
Reviewed November 26, 2013

As in the title, this is an outstanding adults only all inclusive resort. From the management staff down to the pool cleaner the service, and attitude of every one is exceptional. This was our second stay, and there most likely will be a third. A few notable comments would be that the liquor selection has improved considerably since the last visit, they now have a wider selection of types and brands of very good or top shelf choices, and friendly bar tenders. The Head Chef in charge of all the restaurants ( Eric De Maeyer) is an exceptional manager, as well as an extremely engaging person, which makes him an invaluable asset to this operation. The bi-lingual Concierge service is outstanding in every respect, with many very good people, including our favorite from both trips Alejandro. One noticeable negative difference this trip was that the bathroom towels and bed linens were starting to show some wear, but I'm sure those are cycled regularly, and we may have caught the end of the cycle. Overall we highly recommend the Live Aqua staff, location, and facility as a reasonably priced five star vacation.

Dick & Sue

Hilton, NY

Room Tip: All rooms have a great view, but a little higher is better.
3 Thank Richard Y
Thank you for your review of your recent stay and your loyalty to our hotel. Comments like yours motivate us constantly to do our best to maintain the quality of the service we provide and to improve every day. For us is really important your feedback and is heart warming to realize that our dedication is in the right path, as our goal is not only to make our guests return but to make them feel more comfortable each time and to notice the improvements in our services.

Thank you again for all your kind comments, we are looking forward to your next visit; please do not hesitate to contact us for any pre-arrival arrangement.

Sioux Falls, South Dakota, United States
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Went here with my mom last February. Couldn't ask for a better stay. You for sure get your moneys worth. Plenty of pools get there in the morning to get a chair by the pool though. Room service is just as good as the rest of the food! Will return back in the future. Plus is you don't have to worry about any kids or any crazy party clubs in the hotel.

Room Tip: Any room here has a good view just get up high enough so you can see over the trees on the side.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Kala17
Reviewed November 25, 2013

I have traveled many a place in the world and have never been treated to the personal perfection they have achieved at Live Aqua. I must say that it was the staff and amazing surroundings that was the difference. First let me say that I am Celiac (no gluten).
Each Morning began at the Siete restaurant with lovely Isabel greeting us by name and taking us to our favorite table. Jesus and Jorge made the morning lively and warm keeping us brimming with coffee and sparkling water. The last day we were even brought a special enchilada dish they thought we may enjoy.
The second night of our stay, Ismiel, the manager of Azul invited Mom and I back the next night for something not on the menu. The chef Francesco along with Ismiel and Yibron gave us an incredible evening of course after course of gluten free French cuisine of salad with a special lemon dressing, soup de savoy, and beef in a wine reduction with duck breast ending with a gorgeous bananas flambé. Above and beyond- This only continues throughout our stay….
We would sit in the shade on the beach and read after a marvelous morning walk. Marysol brings us grapefruit juice in sparkling water all morning then Elias makes us our first cocktail of the day in the swings at the bar. Elias carved us a beautiful drink out of a pineapple and never ceased to delight us with fun surprises.
Alba, the lovely lady to clean our room would leave us fun surprises each day that were delightful. The room was spotless, as was the entire resort. The grounds are impeccable… and the pools are kept pristine. Lastly I will say our evening at MB was amazing. Angel helped me pick my new favorite Argentine Malbec , and lead us through an evening of gustation that was too die for!
There is one purpose at this resort…. Relaxation and pampering. They exceeded our expectations. Thank you all of you at Live Aqua that created a special oasis for our beautiful trip.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south end of have sunrise views if you are an early morning person!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank Guccenna
ManagerAQCU, General Manager at Live Aqua Beach Resort Cancun, responded to this review, November 28, 2013
Thank you very much for such a generous and detailed review. I am delighted to read your comments and learn that you have been impressed with our restaurants, the comfort of your room and especially with our service. I’m very proud of our friendly and efficient staff, so it is fantastic to hear they were able to assist you in making your stay as enjoyable as possible.

Thank you for your recommendations, we will be looking forward to your next visit to Live Aqua Cancun, do not hesitate to contact us for any assistance in the future.

Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed November 25, 2013

I surprised my husband with this trip for his birthday, Live Aqua was recommended by Delta Vacations. I told them I wanted it to be "over the top" service oriented. I wanted my husband to feel truly spoiled, all inclusive everything. When we arrived, we did upgrade to the suite ( good choice, especially since the first two days were raining). The staff was wonderful, the environment, the spa...absolutely perfect. This is an all inclusive resort, gratuity included, but I suggest, take care of your servers and they will so take care of you.

The only negative and I mean only, was the north elevators. Waiting for elevators was frustrating.

6 Thank lisa b