Live Aqua Beach Resort Cancun
$689
$408
HotelsForEveryone
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $476/night.

10,013 results
All reviewshidden gardenhand massagemb restauranthabanero soupminute foot massageegos baraka barsushi stationazur restaurantrice artmojito barroom serviceswim up barocean fronta garden view roomspecial dinnerbeach bag
Reviewed October 7, 2013

My husband and I loved everything about this resort... Everything was beautifully kept, the beaches the pools, the entire resort. Every person we encountered was so relaxed and friendly, they seemed to have no thought other than to make our stay fabulous!

Antonio made sure our lunches at Azul were just what we asked for. He was excellent at bringing us new drinks to try when we couldn't decide what we wanted!

We cannot imaging going any place else next time!

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Shelia W
Reviewed October 6, 2013

I went with my 2 colleagues and they gave me the liberty of choosing the hotel for our trip. I have been religiously checking youtube for videos, websites and reviews on tripadvisor. And it did not disappoint. My friends were impressed décor, service and the food . I absolutely gained respect from them.
Arriving at the hotel, as people have mentioned in trip advisor u are greeted warmly by friendly smiles, and the amazing "aroma".
Rooms are well kept, they cleaned our rooms 2x a day. brand new towels, fridge restacked. You can ask for 4 different scents in the room. AQUA , RELAX etc

I have called maintenance for the AC 2x, Apparently the doors(balcony, main door) are partially open the AC will stop. The guy who came over does not speak English and did not explain. On the second night I watched him waived at the sensor and just figured what was going on. I remember seeing somebody from trip advisor mentioning this but it just took common sense to figure that out. lol
Be ready for food coma, I have never eaten this much good food. Food was everywhere, I was surprised even the hot dog stand tastes good. Must try ones, Siete breakfast chicken taco ,SUSHI bar (tempura vegetables topped with mongo sprouts) I forgot what its called. I just say Can I have the one that has sprouts on top. AZUR resto by the beach I just realized we ate lunch most of the time. I've ordered "fish chutney" 3 times in a row , chocolate bomb (dessert) and peach tea . There's also a coffee shop which I go for my cappuccino.. love love.
Highlight of this hotel, and was I would normally look for in a resort. INFINITY POOL, the pools are tempered , they match the majestic cancun ocean. Be sure to bring sunblock coz sunblock over there is $25 not just in the hotel but even in downtown cancun.
Staff are amazing, Vicente from Siete kept on going above and beyond, kept giving us drinks "poop in the grass "he said, bob Marley drink. We talked about boxing coz I am from the Philippines and Mexicans are also serious about boxing. I have had a nice conversation :) I still don't get it when I said I don't drink alcohol but still kept on serving alcohol. lol
I did 2 activities one with the turtles , and sushi class. I also attended MASS in the lobby and unfortunately it was done in Spanish :(
The only hiccup was the airport transfer I have thought it was part of the package apparently we were conned at the airport, I was just checking on the itinerary and the guy who apparently holding "WEST JET" signage, asked for a voucher and I didn't have that ready(I did not have a printout), he told me normally west jet doesn't have airport transfer?. I was trying to connect to the internet, few mins said "lets go" they took our bags and got us a taxi. we couldn't think for a moment but before we know it we have to give a tip on one guy $10 then $70 airport to the hotel. Then another tip to the driver.(this is not the hotels fault)
Overall, I would definitely recommend this hotel, proximity to the airport, turquoise blue ocean, pool, food service AMAZING.. i just wished i brought my husband with me:(

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
5  Thank Grace M
ManagerAQCU, General Manager at Live Aqua Beach Resort Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

Thank you very much for your review and for mentioning so many positive elements you have experienced in Live Aqua Cancun. I am pleased to know you enjoyed our personalized service, delicious food and our wonderful infinity pool.

Thank you so much for your kind words and recommendations for future travelers, we are looking forward to the opportunity to welcome you back. Do not hesitate to contact us for any pre-arrival arrangements.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed October 6, 2013

Arrival - Upon arrival, we were pulled in different directions while attempting to check in. We were seated for a timeshare solicitation, where if we gave an additional 1 to 1.5 hours, we could have discounted massages and a romantic dinner on the beach. We did not opt for those services. There was another staff member wanting to offer us hand and arm massages, so they could solicit spa services. Usually while staying at an all-inclusive resort, we are greeted with champagne. At Live Aqua, we were encouraged to try their sweet tea. I understand the need to earn money, but after waking at 2:30 a.m. and traveling for several hours, the solicitations were overwhelming and could have been offered at a different time.

Staff – The staff was great and friendly. Whenever we had a question, there was always someone available to assist us. However, prior to arrival, Live Aqua gave assurance that our room would be full ocean view at no extra charge because we were on our honeymoon. Upon arrival, our room view was mostly trees, with a little bit of the Caribbean view in the distance. Despite prior arrangements, we were required to pay an additional $30-$40/night for a full ocean view room. Staff did deliver chocolate covered strawberries and champagne to our room, and even decorated the room with a large heart, candles, and fresh rose petals. The special honeymoon touches we really appreciated. As mentioned, the staff was great, and with tipping, service was even better. We spent most of our days at the pool. Many kudos to Luis who brought lunch directly to us and always remembered we liked chocolate martinis with Malibu, without even asking.

Amenities, Quality, and Convenience – The resort is beautifully situated between the Caribbean Sea and Yucatan Peninsula. Shopping malls are within a convenient seven minute walk either direction. The resort is about a 20 minute commute to and from the airport. The resort is pretty, but we felt it lacked a little of the wow factor and certain quality touches. The little things I noticed, but for others it might not matter, was the missing and broken tile in the pools and unfinished details throughout the resort. For me, the large pools and beautiful views made up for the lack in quality. The resort was kept clean. Likewise, our room was spacious and clean. The in-room refrigerator was stocked daily. There was a lack of hot water when showering and the stopper in the tub did not work properly. The gym equipment seemed really nice. We found the aromatherapy throughout the resort overpowering and unpleasant. The cocktails offered were endless, but only one draft beer was offered. The resort does not currently provide an in-room dining menu, but one may call the front desk for a list of options. There were adequate restaurants to choose from. Some of the menu items we really liked and some we really did not. Even so, there was plenty to choose from and we did not go hungry. One downside, both my husband and I did get sick. We are not certain if it was from the food, water or maybe some sort of virus, like what can be found on cruise ships, but we both experienced and are still experiencing stomach problems and discomfort, a month after our stay. We are actually taking medicine for parasite exposure. Both my husband and I have stayed in Mexico multiple times and have never become sick while staying at a resort. Another downside was, near the end of our stay the resort accommodated a conference. For couples trying to relax, this took away from the experience. The restaurants, bars, and pools became very crowded, and the conference attendants were quite loud and talkative.

Pools – The pools were especially nice in that they were larger and not overly crowded (prior to the conference). The infinity pool overlooking the Caribbean Sea was gorgeous and relaxing. The other nice touch was the pools did vary in temperature. Depending on the time of day, there was always a pool with a comfortable temperature. The hot tub was also always found to be of a comfortable temperature. The resort does have a swim-up bar set away from the other pools, which is a nice feature. Another nice feature is chair massages were offered at the pool for a cost of tips only. Staff even brought appetizers and drinks of the day to the pool. There are restaurants easily accessed from the pool and there is a seafood and taco type restaurant (Sea Corner) somewhat hidden and by the swim-up bar. The views from the Azur and Sea Corner restaurants are beautiful.

Activities - The resort offered yoga, Kinesis classes, beach volleyball, tennis, bocce, ping pong, cooking classes, wine and cheese tasting, tequila tasting, a pool table, board games, and horseshoes. They had a pool party with juggling and a DJ one night, and a live music and dance show another night. The resort also offered evening group transportation to Daddy O’s, Beach Club, Coco Bongo, Mandala Club, The City Club, Sr. Frogs, and Sweet Club. We went to Coco Bongo one night for a fee of $60/person, plus a $20 cab ride back. There were several security checks at Coco Bongo and we did feel safe. Although we had reserved seating, Coco Bongo was very crowded and the drinks covered in our fee were watered down. The shows at Coco Bongo were nice to see, but they were not extraordinary.

Overall – We had a nice and relaxing time in paradise with a few unpleasant experiences thrown in. Although the resort was nice and the staff was great, we are not certain why it is rated as high as it is. We have stayed at much nicer resorts for $1,000 less, offering the same or a better quality of service and a more luxurious feel.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
8  Thank EastCoastBride
ManagerAQCU, General Manager at Live Aqua Beach Resort Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2013

Thank you very much for taking your time to share with all of us this review, your feedback is very important for us and it is my regret that we were not able to meet your expectations during the time you spent with us. Our guest's comfort during entire stay is our greatest priority, therefore I apologize for the guest service agent who, while trying to provide you information regarding the Vacation Club membership, unfortunately kept you from relaxing.

I was very much concerned by your review and disappointments you faced during your stay with us. At Live Aqua Cancun we have a food and beverage safety management system and our staff are trained on food safety practices. It is our goal to maintain the highest standards for all our guests and we always make sure that the food and the drinks is served according to the highest standards of hygiene. I assure you that the circumstances you described are not typical.

Do not hesitate to contact me with any further comments regarding your experience with us.

Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

Just returned from 7 days,6 nights at Live Aqua. While we had a good time,there is definetly room for improvement. This was our 4th trip to Cancun and we have stayed at The Royal,Sun palace,and Secrets The Vine previously.

The good: beach was great! Soft sand,clear blue water, clean. Room had a great view,ocean front,comfy bed,mini fridge was stocked /room cleaned daily. Breakfast was excellent at the buffet,we enjoyed the Mexican station(huevous machaca and banana leaf wrapped tamales). Lunch was good at either Sea corner (cerviche and fish tacos) or Azul ( flank steak fajitas). Very quiet at night, no crazy people in halls or noise. Very casual resort, men in shorts at every evening meal.

The ehhhh: check in- we were greeted and luggage taken promptly at front door. Walked in and Patricia escorted us to the check in desk. Gave the lady our info. A man walked up and offered us iced tea. Dh said " no thank u. Can we have two beers please?". Man responded "u can get that yourself at the bar."........ok? Girl behind desk handed us keys and we were left to find our room on our own. No hand massage, upgrade or time share offer (not complaining there).
Service- inconsistent:( sometimes it was great(Oscar at breakfast, meli on the beach) or plain awful (lobby bar). We tipped $300 over the course of our stay....
Dinner- seriously needs a overhaul in every restaurant. Meats are awful. Don't get what the fuss was about mb-tried it twice. Pasta was gross,steak yuck...

My tummy: I did get sick....I took probiotics and natural antibiotic as a precaution everyday....after eating,was immediately "sick" within 20 mins. Think it came from the bars....not alcohol related.....glasses are "washed" in tub of solution and not rinsed,just left on mat to dry....saw bartender wipe nose on hand and not wash,just wiped on pants....

We did have a good time (other than getting sick). Met some nice people and relaxed. I don't think we would return though.

• Stayed: October 2013
7  Thank mscrafty
ManagerAQCU, General Manager at Live Aqua Beach Resort Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2013

Thank you very much for taking your time to share with all of us this review. I regret you weren't pleased with your stay, and that the resort didn't live up to your expectations. More than any other aspect of our business it is our service we take great pride in, we have been recognized by almost all our TripAdvisor followers, as one of the hotels with the best staff in Cancun. I regret that service received during your vacation did not live up to the expectations of luxurious and relaxing experience. I would exhort any guest who is having a bad experience to seek help while on the premises so that a suitable solution can be found.

Regarding the food poisoning, I can assure you that the circumstances you described are not typical with the high standards that we strive to provide, one of our main objectives is the satisfaction of our guests with the quality on the food and the drinks. We are committed to serving food and beverages that adheres to the highest standards of food hygiene and safety. The hotel runs a "food safety management program" that is subject to constant internal and external audits. Every constructive criticism you’ve shared with us has been taken very seriously by our team in order to keep standards, expected by our guests on the highest level, ensuring your satisfaction.

I will truly appreciate if you could contact me with any further comments, which we will certainly use in order to make changes for better and ensure that every guest has the most satisfactory experience.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

Been at the wonderful Live Aqua for six days now and love it.Last night as we were walking towards MB for dinner we saw a sign in the gardens that we hadn't seen before saying Hidden Garden, we followed the path and came to the most wonderful restaurant in between the trees.It officially opens on Tuesday but last night was a trial run,and it was fabulous,no menu last night but brought a lovely selection of Thai food,staff as always here totally brilliant,lovely ambience. We're here for another 6 days and will definitely return to this gem.Got to go champagne just brought to us on Sun beds This is the life!!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple