“The best all inclusive hotel I’ve ever been to”

Live Aqua Beach Resort Cancun
Ranked #4 of 182 Hotels in Cancun
GreenLeadersGold level
Bakersfield, California, United States
“The best all inclusive hotel I’ve ever been to”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013

I have been in many all-inclusive hotels where employees are empowered to fulfill all your needs. Live Aqua is the first one I ever been where everybody is DRIVEN to make your stay a wonderful experience. Just try it when you are there and ask anyone for your special wish and I guarantee you, whether it is a special dish or request, they will make it come true.

In my case the waiters loaned me money, they made custom prepared dishes and even had a barman to run out and find the specific ingredients we wanted for our drinks even when they were not specifically served in the hotel. Wilfrido in the Azur restaurant is the most driven of them all, without him we would have missed most of the experience.

The restaurants, specially MB, compare and I will even say exceed the quality of fine dinning in sophisticated cities like San Francisco or San Diego. Eric de Maeyer the chef of MB cooked specially for us one night and is a night I will never forget.

Starting from the relaxing environment and combined with the finely crafted drinks and incredibly well prepared dishes Live Aqua lives up to the most exigent expectations. Visiting Live Aqua in Cancun is one of those things you have to do or even repeat before you die.

Room Tip: Almost every room has an excellent view of the ocean. However the view from the ocean view rooms is...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank inakizi
ManagerAQCU, General Manager at Live Aqua Beach Resort Cancun, responded to this review, October 5, 2013
I would like to express my gratitude for the time you have taken to share your feedback and the valuable comments you've provided in it. I have no doubt that your review will be of a great help for many travelers while making their decision to visit Live Aqua Cancun. Thank you for the warm words regarding our team, service, food and general relaxing atmosphere, which we try to provide to our guests.

We are looking forward to welcome you back on many future occasions, which we will be happy to make very special for you.

Alfredo Santamaría

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,561)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Mexico City, Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

Its impressive how nice the staff is! We stayed during las patriotic holidays and despite the rain; it was amazing. We payed a little bit more to stay at the concierge floor, in the Aqua Club and the view is amazing, plus the "just relax" sign in the sand.
The food also was delicious.

And the price is completely reasonable. Maybe the size of the rooms is not so big but is really nice and modern.

Another great thing? The shoping centers around walking-distance!

• Stayed September 2013
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013

Went to Live Aqua in August for our Honeymoon and booked through Joanne of Beach Bum Vacation. This is just a beautiful property with absolutely incredible food. The resort feels very new and upscale, and the pools are gorgeous and an amazing way to spend you day. I personally loved the aromatherapy they pump through the resort (I think it was some sort of eucalyptus scent) and even used the mini oil burners in the room so I could get more of it :) It's much more of a hotel type resort than a sprawling jungle type resort, but I personally prefer it. I'd also say it's much better for couples than for groups of friends or singles.

If I have to criticize anything (just to give people a fully honest opinion) the biggest issues were: 1) the pool chairs were almost always booked. I think some of it is the towel game, but when I looked around there were just a lot of guests by the pool-- I think they need more chairs or something to accommodate; 2) the service was a little spotty. Sometimes amazing (and generally very warm at all times) but at the restaurants and with room service a lot of times we were left waiting awhile. Not the end of the world but definitely easy to improve upon!

Make sure to get your hand massage when you check in-heaven! And eat the habanero soup, order the steak tacos, and make sure to find the swim up bar and the beach bar while you're there.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Amanda P
Thank you for sharing such a wonderful review, it is rewarding and motivating at the same time to know that you have enjoyed every moment of your vacation with us. At Live Aqua Cancun we do try to give the best care to every guest and our most special attention is for those who share their unique moments such as honeymoon with us. I’m glad to know that our efforts have reached it’s goal and you have enjoyed our service, restaurants, beach and pools.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back in a not to distant future.

Denver
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013

We had such a good time at Live Aqua! We were looking for an easy, relaxing vacation with good food, drinks by the pool, and a nice beach.... found it here.

Close to the airport, beautiful resort, awesome turquoise ocean with pelicans diving in, great food, accommodating staff, relaxing spa, well equipped gym (to work off all the food and drink!) and pools with comfortable temps.

A few things to note:
The restaurant, MB - We have been in very nice NYC restaurants who's food couldn't quite compare. The service was great too! We were there a few times during our stay, and loved trying all the different dishes. The appetizers were just the right size to try something different and still have room for a wonderful main. And, each time, the wait staff was great about suggesting different dishes to try, or describe what they were. On our last night, the waiter was nice enough to mention how much we enjoyed it to the chef. They made us a special meal

The restaurant, Siete - Recommend trying the Mexican dinner menu. Our waiter, Genaro, and Ricardo were very attentive. I had an awesome red snapper dish at their recommendation (thanks guys!).

The pool - it might seem silly, but, we've never been somewhere the pools are quite so comfortable! They are all different temps which is nice. We even went for a late night swim in the bigger pool where the water is like bath water. The service by the pool was really good too... the wait staff seems to always been smiling and more than happy to bring a drink, little lunch of ceviche or guac or whatever.

Sea Turtles – We were lucky to be there at a time of year they are releasing sea turtles. What a great experience! :)

Overall a very relaxing vacation I'm ready to go back to already!

Room Tip: Like others have noted, just stay further away from the elevator.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Shelley T
Thank you very much for sharing your review with every reader of TripAdvisor. It was a pleasure host your recent vacation in Cancun and we are delighted to know that you had such a great and memorable time staying with us and enjoyed everything, from the convenient location of our resort, the food, the pools and especially the service.

We will be looking forward to your next visit to Live Aqua Cancun, please do not hesitate to contact us for any assistance in the future.

McAllen, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013

I went to Live Aqua in September with my sisters and my parents.. What a wonderful experience. The staff were so friendly and excellent. They were always ready to do anything to make our stay comfortable. We were surprised at the attention we got. We have been to many resorts, but have never got such attention.
Food: excellent!!!!!
Service : excellent!!!!!
rooms: to die for
Beauty: OMG!
Spa; Best massage i have ever had!
there is no reason i would not go back.
If you are looking to be pampered this is the place
BRAVO LIVE AQUA!

Room Tip: Aqua suites are the best.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Pooja247
Thank you very much for your review about our hotel. I would also like to thank you for recognizing our team for their effort to provide exceptional service to our guests. Your comments are very valuable to us and it keeps us focused. I will certainly share your feedback with our staff, as they are our most important asset.

Thank you again for your valuable review and recommendations, please feel free to contact us for any assistance in the future.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

I would say I travel quite a bit, but with a hectic lifestyle I have never taken time to write any review. However I have also never felt so compelled to as I have here, you will NOT be disappointed by the SERVICE/location/food here. If you are looking for a huge Vegas party directly in your resort, this was not it the week we went late Sept.

Best staff I have ever experienced, and one of the nicest resorts I have stayed at, modern and beautiful.

Staff = Amazing, over accommodating, polite, and not tip hungry/pressure although well deserving.
Food = I am not a big eater but my group was very impressed with their main restaurants, and one couple with us whom I must say always complain about our food on these trips, were very satisfied here finally!
Atmosphere = Clean, modern, romantic, and beautiful. I must say it did seem a bit too dark at times during the night, but we are often Vegas goers and live in NYC.. Also to note it was very easy to get around the resort, i have stayed places that feel like a trip just to get something from your room.

It was my birthday and I felt like a celebrity by the time I left, people came to my room to check if I needed anything randomly, dropped of cake slices on their own, and they surprised me one night with decorating the room! It said Happy Birthday on the bed in colored rice, balloons and streamers around, and bubble bath with balloons set, just one of the many ways the staff was on top of their game. Although it was my birthday, other couples got nice lil surprises as well at random.

Pools were very nice, and we found seating easily. Although they close the pool at an early time, they allowed our group to enjoy the smaller pool closest to the hotel entrance as late as we wanted as staff walked about. (water was warm all night). The beach was perfect.

We had a group of 12 people, and the restaurants seemed very strict about the max per table which was unfortunate, however 2/3 main dinners we got them to make an exception and seat us together, just something to note if you expect to have a special group dinner.

We went thurs-mon, Sept 26th. Weather was perfect everyday, and we were a rowdy bunch, however this did not seem to be the 'party' hotel. We made sure to rage at nights in the city which takes just a few minutes to get to. (The City was very epic on Fridays and Palazzo sat was also great). Also Hotel Me is right next to us for an upscale lounge, however it was dead when we stopped by sat.

Rio Secretos was an awesome experience, highly recommended. (exploring the caves) We cancelled our Xcaret private tour because many people told us it was not worth an entire day and we were very overbooked with activities.

Lower floors are easy access, however your view can likely be blocked by trees. If you are a group be sure to consider getting the same elevator section of the hotel, they do not connect.

Thanks again Live Aqua!!

Room Tip: Lower floors are easy access, however your view can likely be blocked by trees. If you are a group b...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Bmarr21
Thank you very much for sharing your review and for mentioning so many positive elements about our hotel. I’m very glad to know that your stay with us resulted in such a pleasurable and memorable vacation. Staff members are happy to know that their efforts have been appreciated, thank you for highlighting the excellent service that you received during your stay.

Thank you for your recommendations, we are looking forward to welcoming you back.

Rio Rico, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

The Hotel is very beautiful and clean, the staff is outstanding always with a big smile, rooms very comfortable and super nice with great views of the beach. The food and service were all very good. Will visit again.

Room Tip: higher rooms have the best views
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends