I attended a conference here and stayed on for a few days of R&R after. The rate I had was almost half that posted on the website and cheaper than Expedia. So I won't comment much on value for money as I wasn't paying anything close to the rack rate.
The room was nice, fairly spacious and very clean. The furnishings were in very good condition. All the rooms and public hallways have tiled floors. This results in any little noise being magnified and echoing throughout the place. Not that it was an overly noisy place, as the party crowd seems to frequent other hotels, but anyone in the hallways at night created significant noise levels.
Another reviewer commented on the noise from slamming doors. I only noticed this if the balcony doors were left open, in which case the wind would cause the halway doors to slam very loudly. After the first time I was more aware and didn't let it happen because of me again.
Drinks and meals were very good, and only a little more expensive than outside the hotel. The whole hotel strip is pretty expensive for everything, so be prepared to spend more than in a "real" Mexican town. The big mall across the street is only maginally cheaper for dining.
The pools and spa-like atmosphere were excellent. Service was great (I'm just not used to everyone fawning over me, I found it a little disconcerting - I prefer to have people be friendly because they mean it, not because they're paid to). I really loved the pools!!!
The weekend nights were quite noisy as my room looked out over the bar. Other rooms would be quieter.
The hotels on either side are under construction (one sitting vacant after being destroyed by the hurricane), but there was very little construction noise. In fact I ddin't notice it at all until I saw them from the beach. My room faced the ocean and all you can see from the balcony are the gardens, pools and oceans.
I did do some diving off both Cancun and Cozumel. The deep dives at Cozumel were great, but the shallow reefs off Cancun have been severely damaged by the hurricane. I'd skip any shallow dives or snorkeling unless it's in sheltered areas off Cozumel.
The only other outing I did was to hire a car and driver to take me to Coba, Tulum and finally the airport on my last day. It was a little pricey, but very convenient. I got to Coba very early in the morning (leaving the hotel at 6am) and had the site almost completely to myself. Definietly rent the bicycle to get around. It saves lots of time and energy, and the breeze generated keeps you cool! I enjoyed Coba way more than Tulum, as at Coba you can walk through most of the ruins and climb the second highest pyramid in the Yucatan.
Overall, I enjoyed my stay at the Aqua, had some nice meals, and relaxed at the pools.
If I didn't have to pay the full rate, I'd go back again to enjoy the pampering!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Live Aqua Cancun, a welcoming place, where being is the first part of feeling. Your senses work together. It's a prism of colors, eclectic rhythms, and seductive details. Enjoy the fusion of idyllic days and energizing nights. It is a monument to your arrival to this Cancun Spa Resort. This sophisticated beachfront resort lies along white sand beaches, across the street from La Isla Shopping Mall and walking distance from some of the best restaurants and shopping malls in the city. Exotic drinks, barefoot luxury and activities overlooking the resort's 8 infinity pools are just part of the exquisite details within our All Inclusive concept. Music worships you at every step, with changes in rhythms that match the emotions you feel and the space around you. The sound is never the same, but always relaxing, exciting and harmonic. Arriving, leaving, just belonging makes you sigh with peace. The Aqua aroma seeps into every nook and cranny up to the sky, down to the sea. Return to yourself. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Travelocity, HotelsforEveryone, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelsClick and HotelQuickly so you can book your Live Aqua Beach Resort Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Live Aqua Cancun All Inclusive Hotel Cancun
- Cancun Aqua Hotel
- Aqua Hotel Cancun
- Fiesta Americana Grand Aqua