“Lovely!!”

Ranked #3 of 176 Hotels in Cancun
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Beautiful views ...awesome staff
Cool trendy rooms, soft beds, incense oils left in room..
Well taken care of property ...GREAT food!! Pretty pools, nice and clean
Shopping across the street and NO KIDS!

Room Tip: Got upgraded room to Ocean view...worth it!
3  Thank FunTravelers0518
There are newer reviews for Live Aqua Beach Resort Cancun

Reviewed August 26, 2013

Upon arrival I was greeted at the door by the bell hop who made me feel very comfortable and took care of not only removing my baggage from the car but also ensuring that it made it up to my room with no hassles. As soon as I entered the hotel, I was captivated by the pleasant smell of eucalyptus oil burning throughout the hotel. This gave off not only a pleasant odor, but it was also very relaxing. I arrived very early in the morning so my room was not quite ready but check in was still fast and pleasant because as I waited I was treated to a complimentary hand massage while I waited. I was also offered iced tea to cool me down.

The lady who checked me in also gave me maps, brochures and a calendar of events to keep me up to speed on what the resort had to offer. She also informed me of the variety of restaurants I could choose from that were included in my package.

Upon entering my room I was blown away with the wonderful aroma that was emanating from the bedroom area. The room was clean and very well-appointed. I had a stand up shower, dual sinks, along with a tub with and adjustable shower head if I so chose to use it. The bathroom had a window with blinds that allowed me to make it private or allow me to view the room and the ocean just passed the terrace. The bed was a king, with new linen, fresh sheets and pillows. I had a flat screen TV, stocked bar with colas, beers, snacks and water (they replenished this daily). The terrace was the highlight of the room however, as it overlooked the crystal blue ocean and beach. I also had a view of the pools. I think I spent more time on the terrace, which was private, than I did in any other place in my room.

My favorite restaurant for breakfast was Siete, my favorite dinner restaurant was Azur, the poolside restaurant and hot dog and hamburger stand was a nice touch also. I also loved the fact that the beach is right there and a short walk from my room.

The staff was fantastic! Very helpful and willing to go that extra mile to get whatever you needed. This was the definition of first class. If you see anything else in any other review I would have to say that these people are extremely picky or absolutely spoiled because I can tell you that I was treated with the utmost respect and courtesy.

The food was great, drinks were good (I like my Long Islands strong...Oscar knew how to make them), the weather was magnificent. I would definitely recommend anyone to stay at this resort and make sure you get a terrace suite.

Room Tip: Get a terrace suite, you won't regret it!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank Rich G
ManagerAQCU, General Manager at Live Aqua Beach Resort Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

Thank you very much for sharing your review and for mentioning so many positive elements about our hotel. I’m very glad to know that your stay with us resulted in such a pleasurable and memorable vacation. Staff members are happy to know that their efforts have been appreciated, thank you for highlighting the great service that you received during your stay.

I appreciate your recommendations, we are looking forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

The best service ever. This is a place is for relaxing and forgetting everything about city life.
The food is amazing. I think the number of staffs is not less than the number of guests and they are always smiling and ready to help. The Sushi was to die for!

3  Thank Atoussa
Reviewed August 25, 2013

I never write reviews but felt I just had to after a recent stay (Aug. 21-25) at Live Aqua.
Food: we ate at all the main restaurants and found the following to be the best for: Siete - breakfast, Azur-lunch and MB- dinner. I highly recommend the habanero soup and tuna sashimi at MB. The steak was a little underwhelming. My only complaint was that for a resort this size the reataurants were not big enough. We went Wednesday-Sunday (off season) and found ourselves waiting in a two hour line for dinner (everywhere). For me, this is Absolutely unacceptable considering the amount of money you pay to stay here. You should not have to worry about whether or not you will get to eat dinner (restaurants close at 11pm). *they do NOT take reservations but apparently if you're name is on the list before closing time you will get to eat. Either stay open later or expand in size to accomadate for larger/weekend crowds. I hate to imagine how it's like during high season. Considering this is nearly a 5 star resort (trip advisor) the Food was average at best. The liquor was not premium or top shelf, but then again I don't think they were trying to advertise that it was. Having stayed at The Beloved Hotel I felt a little cheated in terms of food/alcohol.
Pool: *Wake up early if you want a good spot! The infinity pool was amazing with stunning views of the Caribbean. I laid in the same spot everyday and the view never got old. The Pool staff were friendly and polite and always came around to see if you needed anything withouth smothering you. They don't expect a tip from you but we always tipped. They work really hard in such hot conditions but always smiled and were eager to please their guests.
Beach: beautiful! The beach never got crowded and someone was always out there cleaning it.
Rooms: the rooms were very clean with comfy, plushy beds.The AC was super cool!
Hotel: I loved the ambiance. It felt like walking around a HUGE spa. Aromatherapy scented oils are plugged everywhere. At times/certain areas it can be a bit much if you're sensitive to certain smells (it didn't bother me). The hotel vibe is very quiet, calm and relaxing. If you are looking for a spring break type of party scene you won't find it here.
Overall, I enjoyed my stay at LiveAqua. The staff, pool and beach were great but I didn't give it a 5 because I feel like it is just missing "something." Although an excellent choice to stay, I think it has potential for improvement.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Liliscadily

Thank you very much for sharing your review, we do try to take every opportunity to satisfy our guests needs and desires in order to make every vacation memorable and free of stress. I’m very proud of our friendly and efficient staff , so it is fantastic to hear they were able to assist you in making your stay as enjoyable as possible. We really appreciate your constructive criticism and suggestions shared with us, it’s importance is priceless in an effort to provide comfort and relaxing moments to our guests.

Thank you again for your valuable review and recommendations, please feel free to contact us for any assistance in the future.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

Had a wonderful time at this resort. The staff is helpful and very service oriented. The food quality /variety/schedule is excellent. I want to specially congratulate the spa staff and facilities. I think it has been one of my most pleasant experiences in any spa. Really enjoyed the Live Aqua atmosphere, the no-hassle attitude of the staff and finally an all inclusive resort that delivers far and beyond of what is expected.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank loboestepario10
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Beautiful resort! Love that all balconies face the ocean with beautiful view!! Beach was clean with a lifeguard. Pools were awesome and plenty of space for all guests! Staff were friendly and went out of their way to make sure you had everything (especially Luis). All the restaurants were very tasty and nice selection. Great location of hotel to shopping and nightlife. Spa was amazing!!! Get a massage! Nice up to date gym as well. Only complaint was the hallways were SO noisy! Mostly from the workers with their carts going up and down the halls all the time. But definitely would go back again and again to this resort.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Rooms: clean, comfortable, spacious, smell good, great products, mini bar/fridge was kept well stocked, great linens, great ocean views, free wi-fi in the rooms, great room service.

Beach: beautiful beach area, beach chairs are not too crowded, no rocks, beach is kept clean, lots of sea turtles nesting on this beach during the season, comfortable beach chairs and umbrellas, servers provide good service at the beach area in addition to the pool area. Beach is peaceful and there are areas with music and areas without, lifeguard on duty at the beach. Some days the beach has some rough waves which made swimming a bit of a challenge but other days is was calm. Overall I rate the beach 5 star! Oh, and, it is a Sunrise beach! We were not there during high season and were always up and out early morning so we had no problems getting chairs but I would imagine that during high season it would be a different story.

Pools: We preferred to spend more time at the beach rather than the pools but the pools were very popular with other guests. There is an array of pools, some beachfront with a great view. There is one small pool with a swim up bar. This pool has music pumping. Waiters seemed very attentive to pool guests and the pool areas offer multiple lunch choices near the pool which is nice.
Pools were spotless. Most are shallow areas and the water was 90 degrees on some days. Beach chairs and beds are available with lots of choices on areas and views. Chairs were too close for comfort for our likes.

Restaurants: all of the meals we had were very good and presented very nicely! Staff worked very hard to please guests. Lots of ethnic choices are available, Mexican, Sushi bar, Italian, coffee bar, American. Fresh juices, omelets and smoothies were the highlight of the breakfast restaurant. Great coffee is available at 6 am in the Cafe. Sushi was very good, convenient, quick but only open in the evening. MB was our favorite dinner place. Be sure to try the Habanero soup! Lobster was very good there also! Kitchen is open view so you can see all of the chefs doing their thing and the kitchen is high tech and spotless. I especially liked the fact that we did not need reservations or long pants for the men as many other resorts require. There is an oceanfront restaurant with indoor and outdoor seating that is open for lunch and dinner. Food was fresh and good. I would recommend the tacos! We had no complaints about any of the restaurants.

Staff: treated very well by all staff. I was especially impressed that many staff Thanked us for coming and asked that we come back. My favorite staff member was lifeguard, Sulma. We were always at the beach early morning and she greeted us with and gave us lots of education about the sea turtles. She worked very hard to find and retrieve turtle eggs and baby sea turtles in the hot sun. We felt she was very attentive to guests and I noticed that other guests were stopping to visit with her also. Our beach bartenders, Daniel and Manuel were great! Always provided special requests with a smile!! Caesar was also one who stood out and took time for a personal conversation with us. I was impressed that both Daniel and Ceasar thanked us for coming and told us that they appreciated us coming and hoped that we returned. Staff all treated us very good. They are hard workers and eager to please.

Bars: beautiful bar on the Lobby floor for nighttime, one swim up pool bar, a couple poolside bars, one beachfront bar, one bar in between the restaurants - convenient for drinks before and after dinner. Live music by the bar was also very nice.

Location: not far from the airport, high end shopping right across the street, close to the bus stop, beautiful beach area, overall great location on the beach strip.

My only complaint about the resort is this: they have a program in place to help save the sea turtles. It is mostly a great program but if they really want to protect the baby sea turtles and the eggs they need to cover the area where they bury the eggs. One morning it was apparent that another animal had got in the area and it was sad to see the dead turtles and broken eggs.

We would definitely return to this resort and do recommend it. I hope this review has given other travels good information.

Room Tip: Try to get a room away from the elevators and service door areas. The ninth floor rooms that are oc...
6  Thank bargainbetty

Thank you very much for sharing your review, it’s great to know that Live Aqua Cancun has met your expectations in different ways, such as service, restaurants and the quality of the food. We do try to take every opportunity to satisfy our guests needs and desires in order to make every vacation memorable and free of stress. I’m very proud of our friendly and efficient staff, so it is fantastic to hear they were able to assist you in making your stay as enjoyable as possible.

We will be looking forward to your next visit, please do not hesitate to contact us for any assistance in the future.