“Amazing!!!”

Live Aqua Beach Resort Cancun
Ranked #4 of 176 Hotels in Cancun
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed August 19, 2013

We recently stayed at Live Aqua for a week in August. This all inclusive is incredible! The hotel is pure indulgence for a holiday to pamper yourself with, the beach and turquoise sea are to die for, every meal was first class. Particular thanks to Andres for keeping the drinks flowing on the beach all day, Alexas for fantastic lunches and Jesus for keeping us amused all night at the bar. One of the best holidays yet!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Emma T
There are newer reviews for Live Aqua Beach Resort Cancun

Reviewed August 19, 2013

I was on a girls trip with my sister and best friend when we first arrived at the hotel I thought we were in heaven. Soon as I walked into the front door the aroma put me in a relaxed mood, something I was surely needing. We were given a glass of cold tea and hand towel. The check in went smoothly. We stayed in the Aqua Suite and it was absolutely gorgeous with more than enough room for 3 people, there were two separate bathrooms and balconies. We tried quite a few of the restaurants and I would say I did not care for any of them except I believe it was called MJ's I can't remember the exact name. We did do the massage and that also was heavenly. The beach was not crowded at all there were plenty of chairs and the life guard was a gem, I'm sorry I don't remember her name either. My sister is mentally challenged and she noticed my sister a little afraid to go into the water and she could sense that and came over to help her. She assisted my sister for at least 30 minutes until she felt comfortable and I so appreciate that. I wish I could remember her name. We are all in our 40's and it was the perfet girls trip in a beautiful resort. If you are looking for relaxation this is the place. If you are looking to party this is definitely not the place.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank mtgreen96
ManagerAQCU, General Manager at Live Aqua Beach Resort Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

Thank you very much for taking your time to share with all of us this review; it’s a privilege to know that Live Aqua Cancun lives up to your expectations in every aspect of the most relaxing vacation: food and beverage selection, facilities, comfort of your room, and certainly, the service, which is the greatest and probably most important element of our resort.

We are looking forward to your next visit; do not hesitate to contact us for any pre-arrival arrangement.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

My husband found out about Live Aqua Resort from another website and decided to book it for Our honeymoon! We stayed for 5 days and 4 nights.The property was absolutely beautiful. The service was amazing, the staff is friendly and the food was excellent! I want to specially recommend Siete Restaurant, Jimmy was our server and he made us feel like royalty. He catered to us as well as the other guests with ease. The manager Jahaziel was also great, they found out we were on our honeymoon and created a special 5 course dinner for us! The chef, Francisco even came out and asked if the food was to our liking! The dessert was phenomenal! I have nothing but good things to say about this resort! They even surprised us by setting up our room with real rose petals in the shape of a heart, candles, a warm bubble bathe, champagne, and chocolate covered strawberries! It was a wonderful experience and I will definitely come back!

Room Tip: Definitely book the Oceanview Suite, it includes special perks like access to the Club Lounge!
4  Thank Sat830
ManagerAQCU, General Manager at Live Aqua Beach Resort Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2013

Thank you for taking your time to share your review. All of us at Live Aqua Cancun are truly grateful for the honor you gave us to be host of such a special time as your honeymoon. We are delighted to know that our restaurants and staff exceeded your expectations. We strive to distinguish our service by giving importance to little details and anticipation of our guests’ needs and desires and it's wonderful to know that it made your vacation a truly unique experience

We are looking forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

This hotel would be surely excellent if only they would respect guests's sleep. It should be like a SPA, quite and relaxing, but for the way the hotel design there is a very loud club right next to the bedrooms area. During the night there is few security (or none) representatives, and One night a big group of drunk people have been soooo loud, but no one took care of the situation even calling the security several times. We simply had to wait untill those people finally left. It was veeerty annoing. Also, starting 8 am cleaning ladies and other workers or the hotel start going around, talking and moving like if there wasn't anyone. Also, putting the sign "do not disturb" out of the door won't have any meaning for them. So if you are coming to rest, better to look somewhere alse.

1  Thank Redsun2000

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. It was very concerning to learn that we failed to meet your expectations during the time you spent at Live Aqua Cancun, please accept my apologies for inconveniences you mentioned in your valuable feedback. We take pride in creating memorable experiences for our guests and to hear what you went through is completely unacceptable. Our Guest Service Manager have received your feedback and we are working on improvements that will allow us to meet all the expectations of our guests.

Thank you again and on behalf of all Live Aqua Cancun team, we hope for the opportunity to serve you again and to do our best to make your future vacation an exceptional and memorable experience.

Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

This is a very nice hotel, amazing food quality, clean beach. Our trip would have been perfect except we had two incidents. My husband stepped on a piece of broken glass left on the floor in our room by the previous guests. It was an accident, I called the front desk and it took about 20 minutes for the medic to arrive. I was told to stay put so we did. He was fun but it was scary.
The second incident took place during checkout, we travelled with another couple, and we had made our reservations together, they honored my resort credit, but the lady checking out our friends didn't want to. She was very combative and unpleasant. Finally after much argument she decided to honor their credit. This was unpleasant for all of us. I wished she would have been nicer. We asked to speak to a supervisor and she said no supervisor was available.
This is a good place and everyone was nice except the front desk lady, I hope others have a different attendant.

• Stayed: June 2013
11  Thank trvlsokmonkey

Thank you very much for taking your time to share with all of us this review. While I am very happy to read your positive comments, I would like to extend my sincere apologies for the inconveniences you had during your stay. I assure you that the circumstances you described are not typical with the high standards that we strive to provide. We take pride in creating memorable experiences for our guests; to hear what you went through is completely unacceptable. I would like to assure you that we pay careful attention to feedback such as you have provided, taking immediate steps to correct any deficiencies.

Thank you for giving us credit on so many positive aspects. Hopefully you will give us an opportunity to host you in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us and we will make sure your next visit will be without any incidents.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

The place is amazing! Highly recommend staying at this hotel. The drinks are a little on the light side, but when it's unlimited and all inclusive, you can just keep ordering. Besides, who wants a hangover while staying at such an amazing resort?

Food was very good, fantastic in some cases. Although I was ill (for unknown reasons) and spent a whole day in bed nursing my stomach ache for a whole day, I still think it's a fluke and worth going back again. If you go to Mb or Azur, get one of each. The portions are small. Also, ask the waiter to explain the menu: we found out it helped. Don't be shy about ordering more than one thing: remember it's all inclusive. If you don't like it, you don't have to eat it.

Rooms are decent. Amazing views. My girlfriend and I spent a week there in room 1037. Although I reserved an "ocean" view room, it's one of the side rooms. Still great view though. Not worth the extra $35 a night in my opinion to get one of the center "ocean front" rooms. Beds are a little on the hard side. Missed my own fluffy bed. Toiletries are basic: being your own.

Staff is incredibly friendly. There was a particular person that was the exception: Candy. She was very rude and rolled her eyes when we asked of we could go to our rooms to freshen up. We had just checked in after a long flight. We wanted to relax and start our vacation. We were trapped into having a 2-hr sales pitch? Perhaps I'd be interested if I was caught at a different time. The timing was off and didn't want to hear about tours when all you want is to take a shower and change. Aside from that one person, who I understand is her job, but still, the staff was amazing and so friendly and accommodating.

Weather was very hot and humid. It doesn't feel that hot by the beach where you have a constant sea breeze to cool you off. Venture away from it and you feel the tropical weather. Carry a hand towel if you easily perspire and visiting during the summer months. You don't need a sweater or pants in the summer. It rains and thunders every once in a while only for a few minutes. Probably 20 min total during out stay (we were there for a week). Don't let "chance of rain" fool you that it means rain all day. It's really just scattered and only for a few minutes.

I would recommend staying there and I'd probably go again if I head to Cancun anytime soon.

• Stayed: August 2013
4  Thank Rick C
Reviewed August 15, 2013

My husband and I recently returned from a 4 night stay at Live Aqua, we traveled with another couple. Check-in took place in the 5th floor club, it went smoothly but they tried to get us to go to a time-share presentation. We didn't receive hand massages but noticed that other checking in throughout the week were receiving hand massages.
We had room 5029, club level ocean-view. The location of the room was excellent. It was clean, comfortable and had good views. It would be nice if the room had a luggage rack, we had to prop our suitcase on one of the chairs during our stay. The bathroom was a bit small, it was hard for 2 people to get ready at once so we took turns. There weren't scented oils in the room so we called and had them delivered. The air-conditioning in the room was quite poor. It never got comfortably cool. The hallways are very loud. The best time to sleep is between 1am and 8am. It is nearly impossible to take an afternoon nap due to all of the noise.
We enjoyed being able to stop by the club for a drink, snack, etc. However, it was very warm in the club and (like our room) didn't have good air-conditioning. I prefer the "clubs" at the Secrets and Occidental Grand resorts. Live Aqua's had more of a library atmosphere. It was nice to be able to have top-shelf alcohol in the evenings but this should be offered earlier in the day, such as the afternoon.
The pools were all very nice. The pool bar area is lively and the other pools are quieter. We never had an issue finding 4 chairs together. We rented cabanas one day which was quite nice. The service at the pool was excellent until around 2pm (when the pools got busy) then the servers would only come around about once an hour. We tipped throughout our stay for meals, drinks, housekeeping, etc. I never saw anyone else tip during our entire stay.
The food at the buffet was poor. Breakfast was average but once again, it was very hot in the restaurant, especially near the windows. The following day we asked to be seated near the entrance because the temp wasn't so hot, but they said the section was closed so we ate and sweated another morning. The food is the basic fair. Avoid the eggs, my husband was sick after eating them (we ate the same things all day except I didn't have the eggs and I didn't get sick). His illness only lasted about 8 hours since we always take Cipro in foreign countries. It may have been worse had he not been taking Cipro. Do not even try the lunch buffet, it is terrible.
Seafood corner is excellent, good food and service. We highly recommend it. Azur is also excellent, great pizza, pastas, etc. MB is good but since it's an open kitchen it's hot in the restaurant. The citrus chicken, filets and habanero soup are great. MB has a dress code which includes "elegant t-shirts". The second time we tried to dine at MB we checked in with the host then waited 30 min. When our table was ready the host then informed us my husband's shirt wasn't "elegant" (Under Armour dry-fit, no logos with belted shorts and sandals). It would've been nice if they would've informed us of this BEFORE we waited 30 minutes for a table! We then decided to have room service which was the best meal we had all week (filets and Caesar salad). There weren't any room service menus in the room so you just tell them what you want. It always arrived within 15 min and was always good.
The spa was nice but a bit pricey. The location of Live Aqua is excellent, close to the airport, shopping, restaurants, bars, etc.
We would stay here again but not in August due to their air-conditioning issues. We always travel the first week of August before school begins and have never had these air-conditioning issues at other resorts.

11  Thank RU-OK-2

Thank you very much for sharing with us your review about our work and our services, it's a great pleasure to know that your overall experience was enjoyable. Every feedback we receive are very valuable for us as it is our most reliable source to locate areas we have to work at, in order to meet our guests expectations. Let me assure you that all the points you have mentioned in your review are taken into consideration and will be used to bring our services to the level where we can meet and even exceed every expectation of our highly appreciated guests.

Thank you again for your valuable review, please feel free to contact us for any assistance in the future.