Live Aqua Beach Resort Cancun
Very Good 4/5
$189
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
Le Blanc Spa Resort(Cancun)
$886
$560
$379
galahotels.com
Great 4.5/5
Hard Rock Hotel Cancun(Cancun)
$397
TripAdvisor
9,868 results
All reviewshidden gardenhand massagemb restauranthabanero soupminute foot massageegos baraka barsushi stationazur restaurantmojito barrice artroom serviceswim up barocean fronta garden view roomspecial dinnerbeach bag
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 16, 2013

This hotel would be surely excellent if only they would respect guests's sleep. It should be like a SPA, quite and relaxing, but for the way the hotel design there is a very loud club right next to the bedrooms area. During the night there is few security (or none) representatives, and One night a big group of drunk people have been soooo loud, but no one took care of the situation even calling the security several times. We simply had to wait untill those people finally left. It was veeerty annoing. Also, starting 8 am cleaning ladies and other workers or the hotel start going around, talking and moving like if there wasn't anyone. Also, putting the sign "do not disturb" out of the door won't have any meaning for them. So if you are coming to rest, better to look somewhere alse.

1  Thank Redsun2000
ManagerAQCU, General Manager at Live Aqua Beach Resort Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. It was very concerning to learn that we failed to meet your expectations during the time you spent at Live Aqua Cancun, please accept my apologies for inconveniences you mentioned in your valuable feedback. We take pride in creating memorable experiences for our guests and to hear what you went through is completely unacceptable. Our Guest Service Manager have received your feedback and we are working on improvements that will allow us to meet all the expectations of our guests.

Thank you again and on behalf of all Live Aqua Cancun team, we hope for the opportunity to serve you again and to do our best to make your future vacation an exceptional and memorable experience.

Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

This is a very nice hotel, amazing food quality, clean beach. Our trip would have been perfect except we had two incidents. My husband stepped on a piece of broken glass left on the floor in our room by the previous guests. It was an accident, I called the front desk and it took about 20 minutes for the medic to arrive. I was told to stay put so we did. He was fun but it was scary.
The second incident took place during checkout, we travelled with another couple, and we had made our reservations together, they honored my resort credit, but the lady checking out our friends didn't want to. She was very combative and unpleasant. Finally after much argument she decided to honor their credit. This was unpleasant for all of us. I wished she would have been nicer. We asked to speak to a supervisor and she said no supervisor was available.
This is a good place and everyone was nice except the front desk lady, I hope others have a different attendant.

• Stayed: June 2013
11  Thank trvlsokmonkey

Thank you very much for taking your time to share with all of us this review. While I am very happy to read your positive comments, I would like to extend my sincere apologies for the inconveniences you had during your stay. I assure you that the circumstances you described are not typical with the high standards that we strive to provide. We take pride in creating memorable experiences for our guests; to hear what you went through is completely unacceptable. I would like to assure you that we pay careful attention to feedback such as you have provided, taking immediate steps to correct any deficiencies.

Thank you for giving us credit on so many positive aspects. Hopefully you will give us an opportunity to host you in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us and we will make sure your next visit will be without any incidents.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

The place is amazing! Highly recommend staying at this hotel. The drinks are a little on the light side, but when it's unlimited and all inclusive, you can just keep ordering. Besides, who wants a hangover while staying at such an amazing resort?

Food was very good, fantastic in some cases. Although I was ill (for unknown reasons) and spent a whole day in bed nursing my stomach ache for a whole day, I still think it's a fluke and worth going back again. If you go to Mb or Azur, get one of each. The portions are small. Also, ask the waiter to explain the menu: we found out it helped. Don't be shy about ordering more than one thing: remember it's all inclusive. If you don't like it, you don't have to eat it.

Rooms are decent. Amazing views. My girlfriend and I spent a week there in room 1037. Although I reserved an "ocean" view room, it's one of the side rooms. Still great view though. Not worth the extra $35 a night in my opinion to get one of the center "ocean front" rooms. Beds are a little on the hard side. Missed my own fluffy bed. Toiletries are basic: being your own.

Staff is incredibly friendly. There was a particular person that was the exception: Candy. She was very rude and rolled her eyes when we asked of we could go to our rooms to freshen up. We had just checked in after a long flight. We wanted to relax and start our vacation. We were trapped into having a 2-hr sales pitch? Perhaps I'd be interested if I was caught at a different time. The timing was off and didn't want to hear about tours when all you want is to take a shower and change. Aside from that one person, who I understand is her job, but still, the staff was amazing and so friendly and accommodating.

Weather was very hot and humid. It doesn't feel that hot by the beach where you have a constant sea breeze to cool you off. Venture away from it and you feel the tropical weather. Carry a hand towel if you easily perspire and visiting during the summer months. You don't need a sweater or pants in the summer. It rains and thunders every once in a while only for a few minutes. Probably 20 min total during out stay (we were there for a week). Don't let "chance of rain" fool you that it means rain all day. It's really just scattered and only for a few minutes.

I would recommend staying there and I'd probably go again if I head to Cancun anytime soon.

• Stayed: August 2013
4  Thank Rick C
Reviewed August 15, 2013

My husband and I recently returned from a 4 night stay at Live Aqua, we traveled with another couple. Check-in took place in the 5th floor club, it went smoothly but they tried to get us to go to a time-share presentation. We didn't receive hand massages but noticed that other checking in throughout the week were receiving hand massages.
We had room 5029, club level ocean-view. The location of the room was excellent. It was clean, comfortable and had good views. It would be nice if the room had a luggage rack, we had to prop our suitcase on one of the chairs during our stay. The bathroom was a bit small, it was hard for 2 people to get ready at once so we took turns. There weren't scented oils in the room so we called and had them delivered. The air-conditioning in the room was quite poor. It never got comfortably cool. The hallways are very loud. The best time to sleep is between 1am and 8am. It is nearly impossible to take an afternoon nap due to all of the noise.
We enjoyed being able to stop by the club for a drink, snack, etc. However, it was very warm in the club and (like our room) didn't have good air-conditioning. I prefer the "clubs" at the Secrets and Occidental Grand resorts. Live Aqua's had more of a library atmosphere. It was nice to be able to have top-shelf alcohol in the evenings but this should be offered earlier in the day, such as the afternoon.
The pools were all very nice. The pool bar area is lively and the other pools are quieter. We never had an issue finding 4 chairs together. We rented cabanas one day which was quite nice. The service at the pool was excellent until around 2pm (when the pools got busy) then the servers would only come around about once an hour. We tipped throughout our stay for meals, drinks, housekeeping, etc. I never saw anyone else tip during our entire stay.
The food at the buffet was poor. Breakfast was average but once again, it was very hot in the restaurant, especially near the windows. The following day we asked to be seated near the entrance because the temp wasn't so hot, but they said the section was closed so we ate and sweated another morning. The food is the basic fair. Avoid the eggs, my husband was sick after eating them (we ate the same things all day except I didn't have the eggs and I didn't get sick). His illness only lasted about 8 hours since we always take Cipro in foreign countries. It may have been worse had he not been taking Cipro. Do not even try the lunch buffet, it is terrible.
Seafood corner is excellent, good food and service. We highly recommend it. Azur is also excellent, great pizza, pastas, etc. MB is good but since it's an open kitchen it's hot in the restaurant. The citrus chicken, filets and habanero soup are great. MB has a dress code which includes "elegant t-shirts". The second time we tried to dine at MB we checked in with the host then waited 30 min. When our table was ready the host then informed us my husband's shirt wasn't "elegant" (Under Armour dry-fit, no logos with belted shorts and sandals). It would've been nice if they would've informed us of this BEFORE we waited 30 minutes for a table! We then decided to have room service which was the best meal we had all week (filets and Caesar salad). There weren't any room service menus in the room so you just tell them what you want. It always arrived within 15 min and was always good.
The spa was nice but a bit pricey. The location of Live Aqua is excellent, close to the airport, shopping, restaurants, bars, etc.
We would stay here again but not in August due to their air-conditioning issues. We always travel the first week of August before school begins and have never had these air-conditioning issues at other resorts.

11  Thank RU-OK-2

Thank you very much for sharing with us your review about our work and our services, it's a great pleasure to know that your overall experience was enjoyable. Every feedback we receive are very valuable for us as it is our most reliable source to locate areas we have to work at, in order to meet our guests expectations. Let me assure you that all the points you have mentioned in your review are taken into consideration and will be used to bring our services to the level where we can meet and even exceed every expectation of our highly appreciated guests.

Thank you again for your valuable review, please feel free to contact us for any assistance in the future.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

We travelled from august 6th to august 13th for our Honeymoon at the Live Aqua after looking and reading a lot of reviews on trip advisor to choose our hotel. And at the end, my wife and I was just so happy to have choosed the Live Aqua. First, the negatives points...we can't find any. That was just a perfect resort for our honeymoon:
THE ROOM: We had an ocean front room with terrace on 3rd floor and the view was just amazing. One night, we had a romantic sushi diner on our terrace and it was just amazing with the sound of the ocean. The room was very clean. After a diner one night we had roses petales, candels and a hot bath ready. It was just magic...
THE SERVICE: We have just good words about every body that we have to deal with. First, we losted luggages during our connection and the hotel immadiatly take care of that. They took a copy of our request and made a follow up with the airline company to make sure that we have it as soon as possible in our room. After that, everybody are so helplfull and at our service. All the staff is so smily and just want to be at your service. Jesus at siete made sure that we had our mimosa for breakfast, rosevelt at the pool and Angel at MB have been so amazing...And thank you also at all the other people that are working at Live Aqua.
THE FOOD: WOW !! We had breakfast every morning at siete and enjoyed it so much ! The omelette station, taco station, the mimosa, fresh tuna sashimi, smoked salmon, fresh juce...it was all so good. For lunch, we went to Azur, Sea Corner and by the pool. The fish taco, the burger at Azur and beef nachos are real hits...And finaly,for diner we had really good sushi, veal cheeks and lamb chops (both was special creations from the MB's chef), tuna steak at Azur and a very good flank steak at Siete. So believe me, the food is so creative and fresh !!! Myself is cooking well and we are used to eat well, and this hotel really impressed us.
THE BEACH/POOL/SPA: As you see on pictures, the pool are so nice and the view amazing. We walked more than an hour each sides of the hotel and believe me, Live Aqua really have the better beach. We had two massages at the SPA at it was so good with the hot and cold station you have an hour before your massage.
Finally,you will probably think that this review is to good to be true, but for our honeymoon, it was just the perfect resort. We recommand it also for all couples but not for people that want to party even if we had really good time taking shots with Alexis at the EGO bars. Thank you !!!

6  Thank mazdamx6

Thank you for sharing such a wonderful review, it is rewarding and motivating at the same time to know that you have enjoyed every moment of your vacation with us. At Live Aqua Cancun we do try to give the best care to every guest and our most special attention is for those who share their unique moments such as honeymoon with us. I’m glad to know that our efforts have reached it’s goal and you have enjoyed our service, restaurants, beach and pools.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back in a not to distant future.